Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Britain today, it's survival of the fittest.

Search this Thread

Old 30 June 2013, 04:46 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Britain today, it's survival of the fittest.

So if you are old, in bad health,disabled,poor, badly educated, bad job, single parent, or just down on your luck, get out of my way. It's survival of the fittest.

Britain today.
Old 30 June 2013, 04:49 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Paul, who do you usually vote for in the elections?
Old 30 June 2013, 04:52 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

That's nobody on NSR then as we all easily earn 10g per month as poverty line minimum.
Old 30 June 2013, 04:57 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

10k pha! pocket change, I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 50k pcm.
Old 30 June 2013, 05:13 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
10k pha! pocket change, I wouldn't get out of bed for less than 50k pcm.
PCM, pfft, idiot, every 4 weeks dear fellow.

Old 30 June 2013, 05:22 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Don't know how this conclusion has been reached tbh

We're all relatively well off in the uk
Old 30 June 2013, 05:26 PM
STEVEBOXER
Scooby Regular

Britain sucks, too many rag heads in the country .
If you work you are worse off, single mums with 6 kids by 6 diff dads have benefits galore and have a cushy life!
Old 30 June 2013, 05:36 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Yes the ragheads do tend to show up the indigenous as regards work ethic

Maybe should ship out the baby factories to Pakistan, that'll learn them

I think this government are at least doing something to prevent this
Old 30 June 2013, 05:37 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Yes the ragheads do tend to show up the indigenous as regards work ethic

Maybe should ship out the baby factories to Pakistan, that'll learn them

I think this government are at least doing something to prevent this
Stats show that Pakistanis are the least economically active ethnic group I am afraid.
Old 30 June 2013, 06:01 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

A few percentage points, skewed completely by the fact women are mainly expected not to

Last edited by dpb; 30 June 2013 at 06:02 PM.
Old 30 June 2013, 06:13 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by paulr
So if you are old, in bad health,disabled,poor, badly educated, bad job, single parent, or just down on your luck, get out of my way.
Is this just a thinly-veiled troll, or do you actually have some basis for your rather black-or-white view?
Old 30 June 2013, 06:20 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
A few percentage points, skewed completely by the fact women are mainly expected not to
So?
Old 30 June 2013, 06:22 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Is this just a thinly-veiled troll, or do you actually have some basis for your rather black-or-white view?
Voted Conservative once. Lib-Dem all the rest.

Not trolling, it's how it is today.

For example, at one time those who were uneducated, not the brightest light bulb, but still fairly decent people would have a job as a fitters mate. Basically you'd carry the tools, and clear up afterwards. It was a form of social responsibility by companies. Help out the less fortunate. Now people like that are probably out of work, not only that, they are classed as lazy scum, doleites, etc,etc. Demonised because of who they are.

Get out of my way, it's survival of the fittest.

Last edited by paulr; 30 June 2013 at 06:26 PM.
Old 30 June 2013, 06:24 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

How is Britain of today any different from say 10 years ago?
Old 30 June 2013, 06:28 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by STEVEBOXER
If you work you are worse off,!
As a comment, that is the stupidest thing i have ever heard.
Old 30 June 2013, 06:53 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

How is Britain of today any different from say 10 years ago?
More expensive housing, probably a slight drop in average real incomes, massive influx of immigrants driving down wages and clogging up the health service and schools, plus causing massive changes to our society.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:00 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Can't see anything wrong with it tbh.,.so you've to compete with a few eastern Europeans.
Together with a few (literally a few relatively) deprived upbringing folk from further away

Old 30 June 2013, 07:03 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
Can't see anything wrong with it tbh.,.so you've to compete with a few eastern Europeans.
Together with a few (literally a few relatively) deprived upbringing folk from further away

What's right about it? What's good about making young people take on massive debt to buy houses, or to have to pay huge rents, or to have to retire later, or whatever?
Old 30 June 2013, 07:05 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tony de wonderful
What's right about it? What's good about making young people take on massive debt to buy houses, or to have to pay huge rents, or to have to retire later, or whatever?
Thats our stupid attitude to housing where a house is seen as an investment, not somewhere to live.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:10 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

More expensive housing, probably a slight drop in average real incomes, massive influx of immigrants driving down wages and clogging up the health service and schools, plus causing massive changes to our society.
That doesn't really address paulr's points though - he is seeming to suggest we are devoid of any social responsibilities now, implying that until recently we took much more care of our less fortunate. I don't see any evidence for this. Yes money is tighter (for pretty much everyone) than it was (which was unsustainable), but again, don't see how this has 'corrupted' us.

Last edited by ReallyReallyGoodMeat; 30 June 2013 at 07:11 PM.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:15 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

So if you are old, in bad health,disabled,poor, badly educated, bad job, single parent, or just down on your luck, get out of my way. It's survival of the fittest person who knows how to play the benefits system successfully.

Britain today.
EFT
Old 30 June 2013, 07:18 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

That doesn't really address paulr's points though - he is seeming to suggest we are devoid of any social responsibilities now, implying that until recently we took much more care of our less fortunate. I don't see any evidence for this. Yes money is tighter (for pretty much everyone) than it was (which was unsustainable), but again, don't see how this has 'corrupted' us.
But then why should you help everyone that is less fortunate than 'us', plus where do you draw the line?

There are many people who, quite frankly, deserve to live a **** life. Criminals, lazy fu.ck.ers who don't want to work, people here illegally etc etc, the list goes on and on. Why should society / our government help them (even though it seems to most of the time, mainly down to our crazy benefit / care etc systems)
Old 30 June 2013, 07:28 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Peedee
But then why should you help everyone that is less fortunate than 'us', plus where do you draw the line?

There are many people who, quite frankly, deserve to live a **** life. Criminals, lazy fu.ck.ers who don't want to work, people here illegally etc etc, the list goes on and on. Why should society / our government help them (even though it seems to most of the time, mainly down to our crazy benefit / care etc systems)
Criminals do have a **** life, they are locked up.
"Most" people on benefits have a **** life, they are poor.
"Most" illegal immigrants have a crap life, EG those that lived in that squalor in London recently.

But thats not enough, they have to be ground into the dirt.

As i say, survival of the fittest.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:41 PM
Peedee
Scooby Regular

Criminals do have a **** life, they are locked up.
"Most" people on benefits have a **** life, they are poor.
"Most" illegal immigrants have a crap life, EG those that lived in that squalor in London recently.

But thats not enough, they have to be ground into the dirt.

As i say, survival of the fittest.
And? Why does that matter? Those people that have made the choice to be criminals, lazy Gits etc etc deserve to be "ground into the dirt" as you say. Why should I be bothered about it?

Yes, there is a problem with genuine people who have fallen on hard times and need help getting back on their feet, and I'm all for the government helping them, but why should we help the aforementioned people?

I'm really struggling to see what your point is mate?
Old 30 June 2013, 07:47 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

You seemed to have gone off topic.

There's nothing right about it at all. Prices are artificially high . Just an extension of white man's need to own the land however
Old 30 June 2013, 07:51 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Britain definitely does live by the moto Survival of the Fittest and Laziest.

Everyone in between just gets shafted repeatedly with no lube.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:55 PM
Chip
Scooby Regular

So PaulR why don't you just **** off and live somewhere else.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:57 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think things have changed. We have a different culture now. Money is tighter because people aren't as good with it. That is a truth, in my opinion. One strange memory of my childhood I will always have (and this was only in the early to mid-nineties) was of quite an old sofa we had when I was little. It had frilly dangley strands of thread at the bottom as a little feature which fell out over time. There must have been hundreds. My mum used to collect them in a jar and then would spend whatever free time she had after having worked a full time job, and done all the other chores around the house and looked after me, on her knees sewing these threads back in.

That sort of thing was the norm among the adults I grew up around. But who in their right mind does that nowadays? The conservative work ethic has been dying out in this country for decades and has been replaced with one of look-at-me entitlement which thinks nothing of spending stupid sums of money on consumer crap it can't afford just to keep up with the Joneses, and which then complains when it's struggling. The latest tv's and phones, designer clothes, holidays 2 times a year and an active social life binge drinking... these things are bordering on becoming rights.

To get these things, joe bloggs will trample his nan's face into the ground.
Old 30 June 2013, 07:58 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

So if you are old, in bad health,disabled,poor, badly educated, bad job, single parent, or just down on your luck, get out of my way. It's survival of the fittest.
Prepare for it, prepare for it, succeed anyway, work harder/more intelligently, get educated, change your job, use condoms, realise that you are down on your luck because of your perception of reality.

....this is from someone that has been flat broke for almost 5 years and suffered the most difficult period of my life. I still don't want hand outs or a free ride. I got myself into this problem and I expect to figure my way out of it or die. It's survival of the fittest for a reason; that's how you grow and improve as a species.
Old 30 June 2013, 08:10 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
I think things have changed. We have a different culture now. Money is tighter because people aren't as good with it. That is a truth, in my opinion. One strange memory of my childhood I will always have (and this was only in the early to mid-nineties) was of quite an old sofa we had when I was little. It had frilly dangley strands of thread at the bottom as a little feature which fell out over time. There must have been hundreds. My mum used to collect them in a jar and then would spend whatever free time she had after having worked a full time job, and done all the other chores around the house and looked after me, on her knees sewing these threads back in.

That sort of thing was the norm among the adults I grew up around. But who in their right mind does that nowadays? The conservative work ethic has been dying out in this country for decades and has been replaced with one of look-at-me entitlement which thinks nothing of spending stupid sums of money on consumer crap it can't afford just to keep up with the Joneses, and which then complains when it's struggling. The latest tv's and phones, designer clothes, holidays 2 times a year and an active social life binge drinking... these things are bordering on becoming rights.

To get these things, joe bloggs will trample his nan's face into the ground.
My parents were no different. Lived in a caravan until they could afford a house.

Quick Reply: Britain today, it's survival of the fittest.