Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trying to enjoy the nice weather at home.

Search this Thread

Old 04 June 2013, 06:38 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trying to enjoy the nice weather at home.

I've got to have a rant because had enough.

Put the new table and chairs out the weekend and finally got the grass cut so its not looking like a jungle anymore,even found an old wicker chair i chucked out at back of garden that the grass was hiding so you can imagine how long the grass has grown ,great i thought now i can relax outside in the sun,chill out with a book or laptop and a beer etc,can i ****.
I really didn't realise how bad things have got in the neighbourhood,constantly all weekend it was either loud music playing,kids screaming,mothers shouting at the kids to stop screaming.Saturday one of the neighbours kids had a few friends sleep over,nothing wrong with that except Sunday out in the garden at 0715 in the morning screaming and shouting
Just today got home after working away Monday,great i'll have a shower and chill in the garden,no fecking chance,now some dog in the next street has been constantly barking its head off for the last half hour,and now the music is back on and kids shouting out in the garden.

I'm not a party pooper but some of us from time to time would just like to switch off,enjoy the nice weather a bit of down time in my own back yard.Do some neighbours not realise we don't all want listen to loud music that you can hear 8 houses away,kids screaming their heads off,and dogs barking.
I'm actually glad i work away from home if this is how it is now.

Rant over.... chill chill chill
Old 04 June 2013, 06:41 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Move to the countryside, preferably live on a farm, surrounded by lovely fields and greenery, with a few sheep, cows, and chickens in the distance
Old 04 June 2013, 07:28 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Move to the countryside, preferably live on a farm, surrounded by lovely fields and greenery, with a few sheep, cows, and chickens in the distance
Sounds like heaven,love the smell of cow **** and freshly cut grass in the summer months
To be honest in the past i could sit outside and have a fair bit of quiet,don't know what's happened now though,and its a fairly big garden with evergreen trees planted each side,so its fairly much cosy and pvt.
I could of gone to Scotland for 2 days but i let one of the other lads have it as i wanted to enjoy some of the weather at home.
I've just noticed since posting this thread,the dog has stopped barking,the kids have gone,and the music has stopped,better get that bottle of beer open and sit while i got the chance
Old 04 June 2013, 07:41 PM
belliott69
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please don't, enough places get shut down or noise restrictions on them after townies move in. Dunsfold park where top gear is filmed was the home of the Harrier, now they can't film any things down there apart from on a Wednesday because some new people moved into the village and complained to the council about the screeching tyres. They should of been there when the Harrier was constantly up and down, that was noisy.
Old 05 June 2013, 02:18 PM
CrisPDuk
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by belliott69
Please don't, enough places get shut down or noise restrictions on them after townies move in. Dunsfold park where top gear is filmed was the home of the Harrier, now they can't film any things down there apart from on a Wednesday because some new people moved into the village and complained to the council about the screeching tyres. They should of been there when the Harrier was constantly up and down, that was noisy.
Most of the country's race circuits suffer from the same problem, fecking townies
Old 05 June 2013, 02:22 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I could of gone to Scotland
of = have. Carry on...
Old 05 June 2013, 02:27 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

trampolines and children...every-fooking-where; squeak, squeak, squeak, scream, scream, scream. Ban them I say (kids, not trampolines-obviously)!!!
Old 05 June 2013, 02:31 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
of = have. Carry on...
Old 05 June 2013, 02:40 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK

Put the new table and chairs out the weekend and finally got the grass cut so its not looking like a jungle anymore,even found an old wicker chair i chucked out at back of garden that the grass was hiding so you can imagine how long the grass has grown

Originally Posted by ReallyReallyGoodMeat
of = have. Carry on...
Telboy?
Old 05 June 2013, 03:33 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Thats the answer alright.

We live in the country, the farmhouse is 1/2 mile down the road and no other neighbours any closer than that. We are good friends with the farmer and his fields have cows in them which we can see from the kitchen window. He sells fresh eggs for a very good price too.

The nearest town is 2 miles down the road and a village in the other direction. No noisy neighbours and the most noticeable sound is that of the birds singing! Even the traffic is not too noisy.

We also have a view of the sea across the green fields.

I doubt we will be moving at all!

Les
Old 05 June 2013, 05:26 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Got a horrible feeling yesterday.

I am in the middle of making something out of my quite large garden (on going project for two years now).Last year I built a cabbin/summer house with decked area at the far end of the lawn to fill a space and give us somewhere to chill in the evenings. This last week of good weather I have been laying a path down to the decking.

Laying the last three pavers lastnight all I could hear was my neighbour and a rabble of people , one of whom had a cackle on her like a witch. Music blasting (luckily it was just the radio) kids screaming , woman cackling , dog barking.

Bang went my dream of a relaxing beer in the evening sun after a hard days work
Old 05 June 2013, 06:37 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Got a horrible feeling yesterday.

I am in the middle of making something out of my quite large garden (on going project for two years now).Last year I built a cabbin/summer house with decked area at the far end of the lawn to fill a space and give us somewhere to chill in the evenings. This last week of good weather I have been laying a path down to the decking.

Laying the last three pavers lastnight all I could hear was my neighbour and a rabble of people , one of whom had a cackle on her like a witch. Music blasting (luckily it was just the radio) kids screaming , woman cackling , dog barking.

Bang went my dream of a relaxing beer in the evening sun after a hard days work
I'm thinking of building a cabin or something similar,trouble is its great for the few days we get some sun,then it starts p!ssing down and i lose interest in doing it.need to lay some new turf/grass down also.

Rabbling Basterds/bloody annoying it is.
Looking for a lodger les....
Old 05 June 2013, 07:25 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

I built the cabbin last March when it was so warm the felt shingles were melting. Time delivery of the stuff perfect as I needed good weather to get it painted as it was bare timber. This year was a different story , there was still snow on the ground ! Its amazing how bad weather messes with plans.