Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Troublesome Neighbour

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2002, 12:57 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

Last Autumn I moved into a house on a brand new estate, nice 2 bed with family bay parking round the back so my scooby is off the road. Only some of the houses had been completed so they hadn’t even laid the tarmac on the road but nothing bothered us until the house next door was completed and they moved in.

Nice sunny Sunday morning about 2 weeks ago I’m in the garden fitting a cat flap for the cats in the back door, I hear this whooosh, ptshhhhh screach sound so go around the front to see what’s going on and parked next door is this white nova with what looked like nos bottle on the passenger seat and on the back seat is a ouija board. OMG whoever owns this must be some kind of retard or something, next thing Les Dennis (or the guy looked like him anyway ) comes out of the front door he dressed like Don Johnson from Miami Vice he spots me looking at is car ?? comes over.

Him "Why are you looking at my car like some kind of homo"
Me "Hi I’m..........from next door"
Him "Yeah I know, you drive a Subaru"
Me "yep"
Him "This’ll **** on yours, I’ve put a new dump value on it"
Me "nice, I'm sure it will"
Him "you want a race"
Me "what, now?"
Him "yeah, first one to the top & back"
Me "nah, got other stuff too do"
Him "chicken, cya mate" (laughs)

He jumps in his heap starts her up pulls off his drive and whack he revs it up and dumps the clutch and wheel spins down the road...

I go in the house to find my girlfriend blowing into a paper bag she was having a mild panic attack. She looked terrible and she had the shakes so I give her a jam donut to bring her blood sugar level back up and get her inhaler

After about 10mins she’s relaxed enough to talk

Her "Who was that p****" her words
Me "he’s our new neighbour"
Her "he looks like he’s on herion"
Me "I know, I’m going to get myself some pepper spray & taser"
Her "I don't trust him"
Me "I've only talked to him briefly, he can't be that bad"

How wrong can someone be....

Since that initial meeting he’s verbally abused another neighbour across the road that happens to be in a wheelchair. When I challenged him he laughed and said that he just wanted to make the cripple fight. :mad

He also has 2 rotweilers that, I feel there are some kind of trained spy dogs or something as they keep on watching me when I am in the garden. Worse still is I am worried about my cats

It’s getting out of hand and what was our new home together has turned into a nightmare but what can I do?
I always used to laugh at those neighbours from #### programme but now it’s happening to me it’s not so funny

Help, need advise

rr

Edited to remove that troublesome word!

[Edited by scoobychick - 5/20/2002 1:33:26 PM]
Old 20 May 2002, 01:04 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

buy some meat from the butchers and put poison in it, then throw it into his back garden for the dogs to eat

then shít through his letter box for good luck

p.s on a serious note, the police are/have introducing/introduced new public nuisance orders. talk to your CAB (citizens advice bureau) and ask them what can be done.

[Edited by Adam_K - 5/20/2002 1:05:29 PM]
Old 20 May 2002, 01:04 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

Angry

I can vouch for poor RR's plight. We arranged a "wax wizard cleaning weekend" a couple of weeks ago. This prat next door just kept racing up and down the road (you could hear him wringing the engine to within an inch of it's life) as if to prove something to the rest of us.

It's a shame, cause other than that ******** it was a really nice street

Matt
Old 20 May 2002, 01:09 PM
druddle
Scooby Regular

Borrow a stinger off a traffic police person and when hes roaring up and down the road, video it, warn him to slow down as he's endangering life (yours by being near the road) and then sling the stinger out and pop all his tyres.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:13 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

he drives a nova, don't u think that is punishment enough for him??
Old 20 May 2002, 01:14 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Cheers Matt, you been very supportive

Guys, This may be funny to you but it sure isn't to me [img]images/smilies/mad.gif[/img] So please no silly comments like hiring the A Team. I just want to know what I can do without the finger being pointed back to me. This guy looks like a lunatic, I don't want him banging on my door shouting that I'm in for it!
Old 20 May 2002, 01:16 PM
dsmith
Scooby Regular

I know the A-Team is a bit far fethced - someone like the "Equalizer" would be far better ?
Old 20 May 2002, 01:26 PM
PopeyeP1
Scooby Regular

Red face

Hi Pops here. Sorry to hear about that dodgy neighbour. U want Rods to come around and challenge him to a race in his Viva? On a more serious note one bad neighbour isn't as bad as a whole neighbourhood of nutters/car thieves etc. Think of those poor sods who live in fear on bad council estates. My neighbour but one is similar to yours-loudmouthed, has big dogs etc. I just ignore the ****!! Them tincan Nova boys are pains in the ****!!
Old 20 May 2002, 01:29 PM
Mo
Scooby Regular

Location: the fastest rentals in town......0-100mph in 10 seconds
Angry

RR define 'a lunatic' you say he looks like one...

Is that because he's a gobsh1te with a couple of rotties?

Front him, tell him a few home truths. Be straight and to the point and above all be firm. I'd be very very surprised if carried it on any further.

Tw@ts like him get away with it because no one will tell him what a pr1ck he is.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:29 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

maybe that nos bottle on his passenger seat might hopefully blow up one day.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:41 PM
Adam_K
Scooby Regular

feed a hosepipe through his letterbox while he is out and flood the entire downstairs of his house.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:41 PM
fast bloke
Scooby Regular

tell traffic branch that if they keep an eye on your street they should be able to generate some extra tax for speeding and careless driving. Give his dogs choccie laxatives for a few days. Wont do them any harm, but will ensure that he is up to his eyeballs in ****.
Bung a spud up his zorst when he isn't looking.
Spray some deisel on the first corner away from his house before he leaves in the morning.
Old 20 May 2002, 01:53 PM
alistair
Scooby Senior

We used to live in a semi next to a doctor & his kids - nice family, very polite and we all got on nicely.

Then one day his wife turned up - she too was lovely and we found out that they were actually happily married, but she lived and worked in Saudi and only came to England occasionally.

About a year after we moved in, he disappeared for about 3 weeks - the kids were about 18 & 16 and it became party hell for 3 weeks. We complained and got verbally abused.

When he returned we complained to him, he was most appologetic - genuinely nice bloke - kids admitted to occasionally having a few friends round and being a bit boisterous. (He'd been to Saudi)

About another year went by and he told us that as the kids were now pracically grown up he was going to move to Saudi too and leave the house for the kids

We moved - cost us some money, but never looked back !
Old 20 May 2002, 01:53 PM
Tiggs
Scooby Regular

while all very funny how do any of these things actually help RR- it seems you need to talk to local council or something not resort to criminal activites.

Tiggs
Old 20 May 2002, 01:55 PM
Damaja
Scooby Regular

Agreed Tiggs this has turned into 101 ways to be a vandal. I don't think RR would wanna do anything what some of you suggested as that would be stooping below the level of the already established tw@t.
Old 20 May 2002, 02:18 PM
Jen
Scooby Regular

Just to confirm - speak to the Citizens Advice:

http://www.nacab.org.uk/

Also, your Local Council (or County C) will have an Environmental Health Dept. which will be happy to give you advice, help you out. Other than that - if it gets to abuse - try the police? Although I doubt they'll be able to do anything and it might just make it worse...but just incase it gets that serious it's worth keeping in mind.

I know what hell this can be, and you shouldn't have to be put through it...let us know how it progresses....

Best of luck!

Jen
Old 20 May 2002, 02:29 PM
RB170
Scooby Regular

Bo11ocks to all that..

Knock on his door and when he opens it give him a kicking.

When the police turn up tell them that the Ouija board told you to do it.

Mike

[Edited by RB170 - 5/20/2002 2:34:23 PM]
Old 20 May 2002, 02:31 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Yeah the police is the best way to go. Complain about the wheel spinning and the speeding etc and give the reg. an Omega parked nearby will do him good then all the nova will do is gather dust.
astraboy.
P.S. <Is that because he's a gobsh1te with a couple of rotties?>
its not Ima is it?
Old 20 May 2002, 02:31 PM
orbv
Scooby Regular

roadrunner, drop me an email. Can sort something out
Old 20 May 2002, 02:37 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Arrow

Sorry to hear that.

Have to say, all the shi7e posted so far (aside from the one or two helpful posts) isn't going to make life any easier.

Why don't you try and find common ground with him? OK, so he's full of cr*p and has bad dress sense, and a couple of dogs which clearly scare you, but it could be worse.

Show interest in his car, dogs, whatever but don't get too close. Might as well be on his good side as an object of his unwanted attention.

On the dog front, I wouldn't worry. Rotties are protective of their territory and highly observant, but not naturally agressive. Honestly

They will watch you all the time - its in their nature. Why don't you ask to meet them? That will probably earn you some respect from this nobber.

Your cats will hopefully be smart enough not to wander through his garden when the dogs are about. Goes without saying to make sure you have a good fence where possible to give the cats a safe haven.

If that fails, then and only then, get some of your mates around and...........

D
Old 20 May 2002, 02:38 PM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

Whatever you do, keep this guy close. I keep my friends close but my potential enemies even closer. Get this guy onside and dont **** him off. Even if you hate him its better for him to be your friend than your enemy. especially when you live next door to each other.
astraboy.
Old 20 May 2002, 02:39 PM
Alpine
Scooby Regular

RR I really sympathise with you here.. I'm not usually backwards at having my say with these W@nkers but the only problem is you do have to live next to them afterwards... and the worry of what are you going to come home to next can really ruin your home life. I suggest you have a chat with your neighbours and see how everyone else feels...

If you are unanimous, front him together then at least he may not wage a personal vendetta against just one of you... Also collect video evidence of his stupid driving, in case all goes **** shaped...

good luck
Old 20 May 2002, 03:01 PM
MrDBM
Scooby Regular

not sure that this will help but...

we've just bought a new house on a new estate as well, and we were made aware of all kinds of binds within the contract re being a sh*t neighbour. - take a look at what you signed, our solicitor said it was pretty common with a great deal of developers now.
Old 20 May 2002, 03:04 PM
roadrunner
Scooby Regular

Orbv - YHM

Cheers everyone, I have thought about approaching the police. But then I decided what could they do!!! Except 2 **** him off!

I have talked to the neighbours and they don’t want to cause trouble (I don’t blame them) so I was thinking of going down the route of befriending him but the girlfriend doesn’t want me to have anything to do with him.
Old 20 May 2002, 03:14 PM
Molds
Scooby Regular

At risk of falling into the "spineless" category - it is easy to say stand up to these people, but.... once you pi$$ him off then will you sleep easy, and/or go to work not being worried about your house?

These kind of d1ckheads have no respect for you or your property. Same thing if you report his behaviour and he knows/finds out it was you.

This kind of scenario is tricky. Unfortunately there must be many people who live in a situation of intimidation and/or straight forward fear.

I guess if it were me, I would just try to igonre him and maybe he will get bored before he hurst someone? Cats are a worry. Do you keep them in when away from the house?

There really isnt any room in society for people like this.

Try to feel better by knowing that sooner or later these type of people get what they deserve. Just don't be the one to do it - not worth ruining your own life.

Best of luck with the m0r0n.
Old 20 May 2002, 03:22 PM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Bravo2zero,

Yeah, in an ideal world and if the guy is capable of rational thought.

Where does it end?

When he posons the cats? Terrorises the Girlfriend, Vandalises the Scoob? Is it worth the risk?

Unless you know for sure how he is going to react (or literally put the fear of death into him) its not going to work.

I'm not suggesting you "take" anything, or be weak, and don't be "friends" with the guy, just try and gain some respect from him.

After all, you have to co-exist.

D
Old 20 May 2002, 03:24 PM
STi go fast
Scooby Regular

can you do that thing that mel gibson does with the dog in Weapon 3- get down and give it a biscuit? or is that just hollywood stuff?

if they new you were their friend they might stop staring at you? (unles they have been trained to stare- then it might be harder)

SGF

Quick Reply: Troublesome Neighbour