Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Walking dead S3

Search this Thread

Old 03 April 2013, 10:59 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Walking dead S3

Well - anyone else watched the final episode?

E15 - tell you what, I didn't see that coming
Old 03 April 2013, 11:39 AM
ZX-TT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no was a bit of a shocker? left a nice lead into the next season though!
Old 03 April 2013, 11:55 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Have I watched the wrong episode ?
Old 03 April 2013, 11:59 AM
hill79
Scooby Regular

I thought it was a bit of an anticlimax after the long, drawn out buildup. I think for people who've read the comics, the TV show has a lot to live up to and so much they just can't do in a TV show that its always going to be a bit of a let down. In the comics, the Governor storyline and the final attack on the prison is one of the biggest turning-point events thats happened so my expectations were pretty high. I won't spoil what happens in the comics in case anyone's reading it, but suffice to say the whole thing is *brutal* and the TV version is almost Eastenders in comparison.

For me, the Morgan episode stood head-and-shoulders above the others this season - that guy needs to come back in to it.
Old 03 April 2013, 12:11 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
Have I watched the wrong episode ?
Which one

If you're watching on Sky, then you still have #16 to watch, you'd have seen #15 at the weekend.
Old 03 April 2013, 12:15 PM
Dave1980
Scooby Regular

i have watched upto season 15, got to watch the final one this week. hope its a good one.
Old 03 April 2013, 12:56 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dave1980
i have watched upto season 15, got to watch the final one this week. hope its a good one.
I shan't comment.

Roll on season 4 - although its gonna be a long old wait
Old 03 April 2013, 12:57 PM
CarBen Fibre Creations
Former Sponsor

I thought it was a bit of a let down to be honest, the huge build up all season and then...........nothing......or not much anyway! It was no where near as good as last seasons mystery samurai warrior!
Old 03 April 2013, 12:59 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

Big let down
Old 03 April 2013, 01:14 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by urban
Which one

If you're watching on Sky, then you still have #16 to watch, you'd have seen #15 at the weekend.
Originally Posted by CarBen Fibre Creations
I thought it was a bit of a let down to be honest, the huge build up all season and then...........nothing......or not much anyway! It was no where near as good as last seasons mystery samurai warrior!

Downloaded them .. and as above .. didn't see anything interesting in the closing scenes ?
Old 03 April 2013, 01:26 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Downloaded them .. and as above .. didn't see anything interesting in the closing scenes ?
Not so much the closing scene, but the episode set up the next season with a bigger prison population, so hopefully interesting new characters, more mouths to feed and so more scavenging missions needed, but The Governor still out and about somewhere with his henchmen making that riskier than ever. Carl slowly turning in to Shane and not seeing Rick as the hero he used to, Carol fully bad-assed up and Michonne a proper part of the group. Theres a lot of potential for interesting stories, so long as they don't make another 13 filler episodes and 3 that actually move the story along.
Old 03 April 2013, 01:32 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

Not shocked how #15 ended up?

#16 - I was disappointed a bit, but I still enjoyed it.
Old 03 April 2013, 01:44 PM
CarBen Fibre Creations
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hill79
Not so much the closing scene, but the episode set up the next season with a bigger prison population, so hopefully interesting new characters, more mouths to feed and so more scavenging missions needed, but The Governor still out and about somewhere with his henchmen making that riskier than ever. Carl slowly turning in to Shane and not seeing Rick as the hero he used to, Carol fully bad-assed up and Michonne a proper part of the group. Theres a lot of potential for interesting stories, so long as they don't make another 13 filler episodes and 3 that actually move the story along.
Was still a little bit 'meh' if that makes sense. Will be good to see what they do next season
Old 03 April 2013, 01:52 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

Old 03 April 2013, 01:53 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Was still a little bit 'meh' if that makes sense. Will be good to see what they do next season
Oh I agree, quite a let down in the end. The 'eye for an eye' thing they've been promoting had me expecting to see the Governor kidnapping ***-kicker as a substitute for his daughter, which would have been a good twist.
Old 03 April 2013, 02:27 PM
CarBen Fibre Creations
Former Sponsor

Oh I agree, quite a let down in the end. The 'eye for an eye' thing they've been promoting had me expecting to see the Governor kidnapping ***-kicker as a substitute for his daughter, which would have been a good twist.
That would have been a good one, could have prompt all out 'proper' war instead of a 5 minute stand off. Wonder where they will go with it next season. Logically they don't need to move anywhere, they can make that prison their home and it'd be enough to keep the biters out. Suppose then its a case of doing runs out to get supplies but how could they put a good spin on that.
Old 03 April 2013, 02:44 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

That would have been a good one, could have prompt all out 'proper' war instead of a 5 minute stand off. Wonder where they will go with it next season. Logically they don't need to move anywhere, they can make that prison their home and it'd be enough to keep the biters out. Suppose then its a case of doing runs out to get supplies but how could they put a good spin on that.
I'd imagine they've got quite a few supplies from Woodbury but I got the impression, from the couple of supply runs they did this season, that the area had pretty much been picked clean so that means going further out to find food which might lead to them finding things or people. I think you're right about the prison though, I can't see them leaving there without a very good reason. Then again... its pure fiction so anything that seems like a sensible thing to do to us probably isn't going to happen

The actor that plays the Governor has signed up for another season too, so he'll be back at some point too with his jaffa-cake eye patch.
Old 03 April 2013, 04:12 PM
CarBen Fibre Creations
Former Sponsor

I'd imagine they've got quite a few supplies from Woodbury but I got the impression, from the couple of supply runs they did this season, that the area had pretty much been picked clean so that means going further out to find food which might lead to them finding things or people. I think you're right about the prison though, I can't see them leaving there without a very good reason. Then again... its pure fiction so anything that seems like a sensible thing to do to us probably isn't going to happen

The actor that plays the Governor has signed up for another season too, so he'll be back at some point too with his jaffa-cake eye patch.
haha jaffa-cake eye patch I like it

Looks like one of the main stories will be Carl next season, will be good to see how Rick handles that if the have him flying off the handle and going all 'dark'

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/tvnews.php?id=102384