Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Are builders a less evolved sub-species ?

Search this Thread

Old 08 March 2013, 04:16 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Are builders a less evolved sub-species ?

Not all, obviously but every time I go in the local butty shop I frequent, time and again they show themselves to revel in being utter dicks.

Todays was me going to get a sandwich, two in there and they spot a parking warden going for their illegally parked vans, they go out and intimidate the parking warden saying they are going to nick his hat, effing and blinding, quite threatening, one comes in all puffed up saying how he is going to batter "the ****ing black *******", every second word was an F or C, not heard anything as openly racist in a long time

Usually it is just them being a bit lairy and parking illegally causing havoc, farting, burpring and swearing but the Parking Warden thing made me think they were just bloody animals, few of them jumping round like aggravated Baboons, the main one was a right fat, ugly little turd who was pretty smelly.

Normally I don't have an issue but every time I go in here or the builders merchants it seems to be full of retarded cretins, I see them in the pub as well and they are the same in there as well, not scared of them or anything, just think that the trades seem to be about fifty years behind the rest of us.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:17 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jacko in all seriousness this is how a lot of people behave in this country, not just some builders. It is full of people like that!
Old 08 March 2013, 04:18 PM
specialx
Former Sponsor

I bet they are on a good wack too, great in group wouldn't say boo to a goose on their own.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:22 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

I've always wondered, if builders were all above average intelligence people rather than the knucke-dragging herd i normally see, would the quality of our buildings be better? How much time is wasted correcting the mistakes of stupid builders, or how many unintelligent decisions are never noticed/covered over? I bet it's quite a lot.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:25 PM
ReallyReallyGoodMeat
Scooby Regular

Walking to work the other day I hear a pretty loud metal-sounding thing hitting the ground. I turn around and on the other side of the road I see a pedestrian chap standing still, picking up a something that landed at his feet, it had just fallen off the top of the building he was walking passed which is undergoing a refurb. It was a SAW. Builder on the roof leans over "sorry mate, really sorry, just one of those things innit?!"

I now do not walk anywhere near building sites/refurbs.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:50 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

`Builders` has quite a broad perspective and takes in a lot of professions into account, We are not all retarded...

And whichever site that was with the falling tools should be shut down...It NOT just one of those things and everyone who works on a site knows this if they have any common sense

Last edited by The Pink Ninja; 08 March 2013 at 04:52 PM.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:54 PM
Osimabu
Scooby Regular

I know a plumber who spent a large part of yesterday evening searching for music by Heinrich Schutz on YouTube. He's one tradesman who certainly wouldn't conform to the sterotype you've just described.

This sort of thing, in fact:

Old 08 March 2013, 04:56 PM
hill79
Scooby Regular

Scum are scum, regardless of their profession - you get some right w*nkers in all walks of life unfortunately.
Old 08 March 2013, 04:58 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Jacko in all seriousness this is how a lot of people behave in this country, not just some builders. It is full of people like that!

I think it's this Jacko ^^^. As Specialx said, I wonder if they'd be so lairy if they were on their own. Twerps.
Old 08 March 2013, 05:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They know full well they've got you by the short and curlies when they've started ripping your place apart ,this together with their believed premise that the country's troubles can be fixed by letting them throw up a few more ouses gives them carte blanched to behave the way they do

Not far off loathsome as your typical anker
Old 08 March 2013, 06:08 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

I've been on certain sites where if you are heard swearing you are sent off site for the day......didn't matter if it was 07:30 or 16:45 , you lost that days pay.
Old 08 March 2013, 06:40 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Not all, obviously but every time I go in the local butty shop I frequent, time and again they show themselves to revel in being utter dicks.

Todays was me going to get a sandwich, two in there and they spot a parking warden going for their illegally parked vans, they go out and intimidate the parking warden saying they are going to nick his hat, effing and blinding, quite threatening, one comes in all puffed up saying how he is going to batter "the ****ing black *******", every second word was an F or C, not heard anything as openly racist in a long time

Usually it is just them being a bit lairy and parking illegally causing havoc, farting, burpring and swearing but the Parking Warden thing made me think they were just bloody animals, few of them jumping round like aggravated Baboons, the main one was a right fat, ugly little turd who was pretty smelly.

Normally I don't have an issue but every time I go in here or the builders merchants it seems to be full of retarded cretins, I see them in the pub as well and they are the same in there as well, not scared of them or anything, just think that the trades seem to be about fifty years behind the rest of us.
It's because you’ve been mincing around the office for too long with the 'wimmins' and real life is frightening you.

You need to get out of that office environment a bit more, I too work in an office with the 'wimmins' and now and then it helps to get out more and put the world to rights.

The missus calls me Victor Meldrew because whenever we go anywhere I always end up lecturing some poor sucker about his style of dress or behaviour. For example, telling the pimply spotted youth to pull his trousers up and not exposing his skid ridden undercrackers or telling some 'daddy' that just because he has a couple of sprogs that doesn’t necessarily mean he gets preferential parking in the supermarket after trying to run me over when I’m walking across the car park.

Or telling some chavy scumbag that he is uglier than his staffy, "and why are you drinking Carlsberg Special Brew at 11 o'clock in the morning" or "what the **** are you doing out of bed this early in the morning"? or "why are you wearing a big wooly hat that makes you look like a Smurf in the middle of July when the sun is cracking the flags"?

The world becomes a less frighting place just through making a few social observations and asking a few direct questions.

And if they want to take it further and get physical, hey, I'm no spring chicken, and I'm not going to live forever anyway so I don't give a ****.
Old 08 March 2013, 07:05 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hill79
Scum are scum, regardless of their profession - you get some right w*nkers in all walks of life unfortunately.
True words, never spoken.

There are types i.e. a sophisticated scum type and a clear cut scum type. Both types are loathesome.

There's another type: the one that doesn't identify itself as any type of scum. But upon seeing it's reflection in another scum, it slates that another scum something chronic. This one is also loathesome as well as a ridiculous type.

Scum is a scum, end of.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:02 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
True words, never spoken.

There are types i.e. a sophisticated scum type and a clear cut scum type. Both types are loathesome.

There's another type: the one that doesn't identify itself as any type of scum. But upon seeing it's reflection in another scum, it slates that another scum something chronic. This one is also loathesome as well as a ridiculous type.

Scum is a scum, end of.
Yes scum is scum but you've just got the downer because of the racist element part of the original post, if the term hadn't got the racist element in it you wouldn't have noticed
Old 08 March 2013, 08:17 PM
gazney101
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by TelBoy
I've always wondered, if builders were all above average intelligence people rather than the knucke-dragging herd i normally see, would the quality of our buildings be better? How much time is wasted correcting the mistakes of stupid builders, or how many unintelligent decisions are never noticed/covered over? I bet it's quite a lot.
What the **** do you know about it. Im a joiner for a well established construction and ive worked on hundreds of sites and let me tell you its not the lads on site that are responsible for all the cockups its the pen pushing clowns that sit behind desks that havent got a ****ing practical bone in their body that cause most of it.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:19 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mrmadcap
It's because you’ve been mincing around the office for too long with the 'wimmins' and real life is frightening you.

You need to get out of that office environment a bit more, I too work in an office with the 'wimmins' and now and then it helps to get out more and put the world to rights.

The missus calls me Victor Meldrew because whenever we go anywhere I always end up lecturing some poor sucker about his style of dress or behaviour. For example, telling the pimply spotted youth to pull his trousers up and not exposing his skid ridden undercrackers or telling some 'daddy' that just because he has a couple of sprogs that doesn’t necessarily mean he gets preferential parking in the supermarket after trying to run me over when I’m walking across the car park.

Or telling some chavy scumbag that he is uglier than his staffy, "and why are you drinking Carlsberg Special Brew at 11 o'clock in the morning" or "what the **** are you doing out of bed this early in the morning"? or "why are you wearing a big wooly hat that makes you look like a Smurf in the middle of July when the sun is cracking the flags"?

The world becomes a less frighting place just through making a few social observations and asking a few direct questions.

And if they want to take it further and get physical, hey, I'm no spring chicken, and I'm not going to live forever anyway so I don't give a ****.

Nah, not bothered in the slightest, I had a good six inches on the little turd, I am placid as you like until someome takes the ****, then I am a right ****, not afraid to pull someone up, I was more dissapointed with the attitude and behaviour "Black *******", really, nowadays, a bloke trying to earn a living doing.

Wasnt in the office today, was working from home, part of the attitude problem with builders is that everyone who doesnt knock nails in for a living is a fairy and that to be a proper builder you have to be a bit of an animal, I am sure not all are, our neighbour is a perfect gent but he is sixty odd, the younger ones seem to be playing to some blokey ****** image.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:20 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Yes scum is scum but you've just got the downer because of the racist element part of the original post, if the term hadn't got the racist element in it you wouldn't have noticed
What?? What downer???

I don't care about any racist word in Jacko's original post, I didn't even notice it. Your post (that I quoted) includes your observation of Jacko's post, which has nothing to do with me. You evidently seem to live with this 'racist this' and 'racist that' on your mind, hence your observation (or perhaps even dwelling) of that 'racist element' .

There is a yawn-worthy post by you on this thread before (anyone can see it, I know), but I didn't even read it. Not interested.

I don't know what your problem is. I posted on this thread with my generic views (aimed at no one in particular here whatsoever) as rightfully as anyone else did. So stop having a go for nothing, and get rid of that chip on your shoulder, I suggest. Do something better with your time.

Last edited by Turbohot; 08 March 2013 at 08:22 PM.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:25 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

What?? What downer???

I don't care about any racist word in Jacko's original post, I didn't even notice it. Your post (that I quoted) includes your observation of Jacko's post, which has nothing to do with me. You evidently seem to live with this 'racist this' and 'racist that' on your mind, hence your observation (or perhaps even dwelling) of that 'racist element' .

There is a yawn-worthy post by you on this thread before (anyone can see it, I know), but I didn't even read it. Not interested.

I don't know what your problem is. I posted on this thread with my generic views (aimed at no one in particular here whatsoever) as rightfully as anyone else did. So stop having a go for nothing, and get rid of that chip on your shoulder, I suggest. Do something better with your time.
You must have a full pack of racist cards
Old 08 March 2013, 08:30 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

You must have a full pack of racist cards
You're really looking like a fool, mrmadcap. Take that mad cap off, stop inventing stuff, and think straight. Get off this abusive frame of mind towards someone who doesn't even communicate with you. Perhaps you've been waiting to have a go since we had that ding-dong, but I'm really not interested in having a conversation with you; not now, not in future, either. So, give it a rest.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:34 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

You're really looking like a fool, mrmadcap. Take that mad cap off, stop inventing stuff, and think straight. Get off this abusive frame of mind towards someone who doesn't even communicate with you. Perhaps you've been waiting to have a go since we had that ding-dong, but I'm really not interested in having a conversation with you; not now, not in future, either. So, give it a rest.
Of course you are interested in having a conversation with me, you can't resist because i maybe one of your racists and you need to teach me a lesson don't you?
Old 08 March 2013, 08:34 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Have worked with many builders over the last 28 years - some sites are incredibly well behaved, total courtesy from all working there.

Other sites - well as you say, some complete animals.
I've seen ground workers turn up in the morning swigging cans of Special Brew (that includes the digger driver!)
I've even had builders taking a dump in an empty paint tin in the corner of a room before...

With this in mind, it's one of the reasons I no longer do site work - would rather sit at home that put up with that.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Of course you are interested in having a conversation with me, you can't resist because i maybe one of your racists and you need to teach me a lesson don't you?
No, I'd rather you go uneducated without any lesson. You don't deserve it.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:44 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

You should see some of the Scaffolders I need to share a cabin with offshore, wired to the moon is one way to describe them...

Last edited by RA Dunk; 08 March 2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 08 March 2013, 08:46 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

No, I'd rather you go uneducated without any lesson. You don't deserve it.
See, you can't resist can you?
Old 08 March 2013, 08:51 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by zip106
I've even had builders taking a dump in an empty paint tin in the corner of a room before...

And I bet those are just the croissant eating guardian reading types

a sun reader would not bother with the paint tin
Old 08 March 2013, 08:54 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

See, you can't resist can you?
You started it with your mumbo-jumbo! You thought everything is about you, didn't you? Like me posting to teach you a lesson and blah, blah, blah, blah! Wherever you got that from. Please stop feeling that important. I don't care, honestly.

I'll finish this convo now.
Old 08 March 2013, 09:02 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

You started it with your mumbo-jumbo! You thought everything is about you, didn't you? Like me posting to teach you a lesson and blah, blah, blah, blah! Wherever you got that from. Please stop feeling that important. I don't care, honestly.

I'll finish this convo now.

I particularly like the way you think you are intelligent and educated, yet you hang around a chav rice rocket forum with the rest of us 'uneducated'

Probably makes you feel superior
Old 08 March 2013, 09:16 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
And I bet those are just the croissant eating guardian reading types

a sun reader would not bother with the paint tin
A Sun reader wouldn't bother taking his trousers down, let alone use a paint tin.
Old 08 March 2013, 09:56 PM
Worlasshasansti
Scooby Regular

I think you guys must be looking in the wrong places for builders lol, yes you get some **** but you get them sitting behind desks etc also, I couldn't go on like a muppet infront of the public or a customer, all our work is word of mouth so stupid behaviour = no wages.

Mick
Old 08 March 2013, 10:20 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

You get in them in all trades, unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Are builders a less evolved sub-species ?