Neighbour you've never spoken to

Search this Thread

Old 04 March 2013, 04:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Neighbour you've never spoken to

Going to sounda bit radio 2, but

We've got one 2 doors away, it's been same since we arrived (5 year). Don't quite know how it's happened really ,we speak to guys in between and have spoken only couple times next door but the guy at the end never.

Even said happy new year couple years nothin back, girlfriend said hello in passing in town, same.

He has made a lot noise in past, seems to be self sufficient / got money stashed (nearly always at home) - has some kind mechanical splitter for logs. You can probably feel the vibration in the other end of terrace.

Not heard it recently in fact, but have noticed him rucking up with pretty youngish chinese,student? Female .I'm guessing he's 60ish, he drives Toyota sports coupe with big zorst,

Anyway, I think he jollies up witb next door case they complain the noise

I can see never talking to him - although I hold no grudges whatsoever

You got any.......??

Last edited by dpb; 04 March 2013 at 04:23 PM.
Old 04 March 2013, 04:22 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, so your the meldrewesque character at the other end of the row.

Why its taken you five years to pluck up the courage to talk to me is strange, and then via a bloody BB, is beyond me.

I drink 10year old neat scotch , bring a bottle over, and we can remiss on the last 5 years

Mart
Old 04 March 2013, 04:23 PM
tubbytommy
BANNED

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bet he has posted on a toyota forum with a similar thread.
Old 04 March 2013, 04:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Possibly, did I mention he just started doing the roof ( the last year) dodgy full width semi built extension - looks illegal, side of his house
Old 04 March 2013, 04:36 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Yep, I have one.He and his other half & a kid live opposite me in a block of 6 flats ,2 on each floor.He has been there about 2 years & I very rarely see him & have only ever seen his missus & kid about 3 times.The ideal neighbour some would say.Very strange. they never seem to go out & I never see them around the neighborhood.When I have seen him I try & engage him in conversation but he barely makes eye contact & just says hello & shrugs.He clearly doesn't want to talk.

I talk to everyone else in the block & have a laugh & joke with them.I guess some people are just not into making small talk.

Anyway,I think he is really weird.................he doesn't have a car!!!
Old 04 March 2013, 04:56 PM
Orangio
Scooby Regular

I live in a terraced house with neighbours either side and I dont speak to any of them.

The ones to the left are 2 benefit claiming scroungers who dont work, argue everyday without fail, unfortunately for us the walls are pretty thin so we have to listen to them

The one to the right is a middle aged man who has got rid of his mother and put her in a home so that he can live in her house, he doesnt work either. He randomly screams like he's being raped and bangs about like he's got a sledge hammer against the wall

Me and my Mrs both go out and work to pay for our house/bills and find it infuriating that we have 2 lots of scum either side that sit on their lazy asses all day and get given the same house as us all paid for.

Anyway, back to your question... NO, I dont speak to my neighbours

And I also have my house up sale if anyone is interested?
Old 04 March 2013, 05:16 PM
Graz
Scooby Regular

Does seem a bit hit and miss in our street, when we first moved in both the wife and I were working full time so only really about at the weekends. Now the missus is home with the boy for part of the week she does pass the time of day with a few more folk in the street.

Luckily the house we're attached to we're good friends with and chat often, on the other side is an older chap, don't know the full story but understand he lost his wife a fair few years ago and is a bit of a hermit. Don't think he works. When we first moved in there was next to no fencing between us and him thanks to neglect by the previous owners, it was the side we were responsible for. Bet he was glad when we sorted that out. First contact wasn't great mind, day we moved in the movers were having a bit of grief getting the sofa through the front door. We knocked and asked if it would be ok to take it up the side and in through the back of the house, no it wasn't and got the story of how he used to let the previous owners window cleaner use his side access but they scratched his car. Luckily he seems to have mellowed a bit since.

Chat to a few of the other neighbours and always get a wave from the plumber a few doors down (useful) and he's done a few jobs for us.
Old 04 March 2013, 06:55 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I've been in my flat for twenty two years now and still never spoke to the people next door.

Beat that!
Old 04 March 2013, 06:58 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

We're on a road of lots of holiday homes - some have yet to have anyone occupy them! The ones that do are mainly only there for a day or two at a time.

Saves worrying about noise!
Old 04 March 2013, 07:05 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

We had one lived up the road from us. he HATED my eldest since mine was around 13. It came to a head when he nearly knocked my lad off his bike, when he was 17, then laughed.

They had a bit of a shouting match, then the neighbour lost it, and attacked my lad, who promptly smacked him, good and proper.

The neighbour spoke to me later, started saying about getting his mates involved, I simply pointed out that he had attacked a minor and got hammered, and if it went any further, I'd have to involve the police.....adult attacks minor etc etc.

We heard nowt else, they guy has now moved away.
Old 04 March 2013, 08:03 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Talk to both the neighbours when i'm around home,although don't see much of the one since his GF left,try to avoid the woman at the end of the street though,right nosey ******.Any drama that happens in the neighbourhood,she'll have all the gossip on it.Some woman moved out a few weeks back on a Saturday morning,next i see is mrs nosey ****** walking up the drive and then face planted on the front window of the house trying to have a right good look inside,i thought **** sake,she only moved out half hour ago...
Old 04 March 2013, 08:25 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Talk to both the neighbours when i'm around home,although don't see much of the one since his GF left,try to avoid the woman at the end of the street though,right nosey ******.Any drama that happens in the neighbourhood,she'll have all the gossip on it.Some woman moved out a few weeks back on a Saturday morning,next i see is mrs nosey ****** walking up the drive and then face planted on the front window of the house trying to have a right good look inside,i thought **** sake,she only moved out half hour ago...

I think most streets tend to have one of these.. Bet shes never off the fecking phone either.
Old 04 March 2013, 09:51 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

the house next door is rented, tenants seem to stay for a year/15 months (trying to find a house etc). We've been here 5 years, had 4 lots of neighbours. Made some really good friends with one couple, stay in touch and visit each other after they moved to Doncaster. All the other tenants either can't be arsed to make an effort or are put off by me just walking around the street in my dressing gown....
Old 04 March 2013, 10:29 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

No need to become nosey, but you must at least say 'hello' and 'hi' to your neighbours, if they are not very unfriendly. You can always crack a convo upon meeting their eyes with "Nice day, isn't it?" or "It's freezing!" or " Oooh, Your dog is so lovely!", even if it is a right barking beast with fangs hanging out of his mouth.

Love thy neighbours as thyself, people.
Old 04 March 2013, 10:30 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Bought my current house in November 07, had a party between Christmas and new years eve, where all the neighbours and their kids were invited - broke the ice nicely. Since had one old bloke fall out with me, over a misunderstanding about cutting down my trees. He will not speak if I pass him in the street, or acknowledge you when our cars pass on the way in or out. Even sent him a hand made christmas card with a picture of a felled Christmas tree, to inject a humorous angle to the situation, but to no avail.

Not a great loss really.
Old 04 March 2013, 10:36 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

I have no idea what the neighbours at #1 are called. I know the names of the adults at #5.

The woman over the road introduced herself when we moved in. I don't remember her name, (but my better half does). There always seems to be different cars there, even over night. I reckon she's spending the life insurance payout, after her husband kicked the bucket, on gigolos. Either that or she rents a room to lodgers.

Originally Posted by Neanderthal
All the other tenants either can't be arsed to make an effort or are put off by me just walking around the street in my open-backed hospital gown....
EFA.
Old 04 March 2013, 10:37 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
Even sent him a hand made christmas card with a picture of a felled Christmas tree, to inject a humorous angle to the situation, but to no avail.

Not a great loss really.
Probably failed to see the funny side of it, thought you were taking the **** by rubbing it in with the card and hates your *** even more now, well done!
Old 04 March 2013, 10:56 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Bought my current house in November 07, had a party between Christmas and new years eve, where all the neighbours and their kids were invited - broke the ice nicely. Since had one old bloke fall out with me, over a misunderstanding about cutting down my trees. He will not speak if I pass him in the street, or acknowledge you when our cars pass on the way in or out. Even sent him a hand made christmas card with a picture of a felled Christmas tree, to inject a humorous angle to the situation, but to no avail.

Not a great loss really.
It happens, TT. He is the one with a problem, not you. Not a great loss to you at all, if he wants to be a saddo.

I haven't ever had any neighbour troubles TBH. They are all top people. The other day, my B&W fat cat got stuck on the tree. Whole neighbourhood came out to help me to get him down.

There's one new-ish girl, though. She keeps herself to herself to the point that she doesn't even look at me or at other neighbours of ours. Ah, well. She must have her reasons. We will still help her, if she ever needs it.
Old 04 March 2013, 11:04 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot

I haven't ever had any neighbour troubles TBH. They are all top people. The other day, my B&W fat cat got stuck on the tree. Whole neighbourhood came out to help me to get him down.

There's one new-ish girl, though. She keeps herself to herself to the point that she doesn't even look at me or at other neighbours of ours. Ah, well. She must have her reasons. We will still help her, if she ever needs it.
She might just be shy.

I'm sure you'll help her when she gets stuck in a tree too
Old 04 March 2013, 11:11 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
She might just be shy.
Yeah. it could be one reason, thinking about it.

Some people can be shy to the point of being rude as well.

I'm sure you'll help her when she gets stuck in a tree too
Oh, definitely! We already think that she needs to come off her tree a bit.
Old 04 March 2013, 11:18 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

We can't give advice real advice on how to help without seeing pictures of her
Old 04 March 2013, 11:41 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
We can't give advice real advice on how to help without seeing pictures of her
Look, I'm not some weirdo who'd take pictures of strangers, and then stick them on internet. You'll just have to imagine a Sharone Stone for a 23 stoner.
Old 05 March 2013, 01:14 AM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Even sent him a hand made christmas card with a picture of a felled Christmas tree, to inject a humorous angle to the situation, but to no avail.

Not a great loss really.
I wouldn't worry about it.I have flooded my downstairs neighbours twice due to
rubbish plumbing in my gaff.Bought the lady some flowers to say sorry.They still talk to me ..............just.
Old 05 March 2013, 08:11 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Look, I'm not some weirdo who'd take pictures of strangers, and then stick them on internet. You'll just have to imagine a Sharone Stone for a 23 stoner.
Party pooper
Old 05 March 2013, 09:05 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Party pooper

Old 05 March 2013, 09:13 PM
addi monster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
I've been in my flat for twenty two years now and still never spoke to the people next door.

Beat that!
You need to get off scooby net and go out the door and you might speak then

Last edited by addi monster; 06 March 2013 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05 March 2013, 10:45 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

23 stone? I feel sorry for the tree.
Old 06 March 2013, 05:05 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We must have been very lucky. We have had very good neighbours right from when I was a young child right up to the present day.

Les
Old 06 March 2013, 07:31 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

when we first moved into our house we had 5 xmas cards from all of the neighbours welcoming us to the street. We went to the ones that left door numbers on the cards and every single one were nice but said " how can you afford a houser like that at your age!)

One neighbour is brilliant, chat & beers all the time. The other neighbour is a jeluos cow so we only say morning.

Opposite are weird with their 2 xmases a year but again we chat to them,

I'd really like to get to know the neighbour with the Fiesta or the one that walks past in the tight jeans. Both super hot! Roll on summer!
Old 06 March 2013, 07:54 PM
Orangio
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
We must have been very lucky. We have had very good neighbours right from when I was a young child right up to the present day.

Les
I wish I could say the same!

It's very annoying having idiots for neighbours

Quick Reply: Neighbour you've never spoken to