Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Anyone know about planning laws and development?

Search this Thread

Old 25 January 2013, 09:26 AM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts
Default Anyone know about planning laws and development?

Our firm has been in the same offices for about 12 years now which we lease from a landlord.

A development company has released plans to build new shops, flats and offices in a large area of the town which includes out building. A large part of the land is owned by a local car dealer who (from what I have found out) is quite keen on getting this going so he can sell out for X amount of millions.

The company doesn't have the land yet but says it has agreement with the land owner of the largest part of the land in question (the dealer). There are other rumours that all the landlords connected to the site have been contacted - ours included. As yet we've heard nothing.

What we are not sure about is where does that leave us? Do we just get turfed out? Do they have to relocate us? Will they give us first dibs on the new office buildings? We are not too bothered if we have to move as these offices are getting a bit cramped although our rent is laughably low but it would be nice to be informed as to what is going on.
Old 25 January 2013, 09:57 AM
Bristol98
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would think you've got until the end of the lease, unless they buy it out, but I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination.