Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Some help for my Son.

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2013, 10:19 AM
webby v7 slipperwagon
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Some help for my Son.

Hi, this post is for my son. He's at college and is doing a marketing course, and part of it is that he has to do a survey. Rather than him hanging around supermarkets with a clipboard in the rain, i thought it far better to ask the good people on here for your input. He has to do a TOP TEN embarrassing products you would rather purchase off the internet. Through internet stores, Stuff like Thrush cream, piles cream etc... and where you would look to purchase them. This is aimed at Men and Women, who would be to embarrassed to purchase them over the counter. Please keep it clean as this is an important part of his course. Thanks for the input guys and gals.

Last edited by webby v7 slipperwagon; 09 January 2013 at 10:21 AM.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:06 AM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've bought the above stuff over the counter before ( and jam rags) with no embarrassment.

To be honest, I'd be more embarrassed buying a tin of beans with a Tesco stripy label...
But I guess I don't count
Old 09 January 2013, 11:11 AM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

**** crack wax kit,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Old 09 January 2013, 11:14 AM
Dave Y
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 133 Likes on 97 Posts

I think you are asking the wrong people.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:23 AM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

Get him to do a surveymonkey.

It's free and is more of a poll but he can leave gaps for people to put their own answers in as well. Easy for people to email round too.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:26 AM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

I bought my wife a Michael Buble CD from HMV. I told the guy serving it was for my wife but the look he gave me.........
Old 09 January 2013, 12:16 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Condoms. Extra small........

dl

Trending Topics

Old 09 January 2013, 12:35 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Daily Mail
Old 09 January 2013, 12:37 PM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Everything on the list will probably be on this website.

http://www.shopinprivate.com/newproducts.html

The vast majority will be sex related, surely?
Old 09 January 2013, 01:27 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** beads
Old 09 January 2013, 04:55 PM
Ellie*
Scooby Regular

I used to work in a pharmacy, people are more embarrassed about nit lotions than thrush or piles cream.

Can't think of anything I'm embarrassed to buy. Probably a basket full of junk food, but then self-service tills solve that one.
Old 09 January 2013, 05:24 PM
Rescue Dude
Scooby Regular

On our Rescue units we carry endotracheal tubes. Those pipe things you see thrust down peoples throats when they can't breathe and are unconscious.

Part of the kit for that is..............errrrr.........KY jelly, used to lubricate it as it goes down someone's throat. Some medics use it others don't so we do have to carry it.

That can be interesting to buy from some spotty teenage girl at the chemist.
Old 09 January 2013, 07:54 PM
SWRTWannabe
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Mouser
I bought my wife a Michael Buble CD from HMV. I told the guy serving it was for my wife but the look he gave me.........
I bought my wife a Rick Astley CD from HMV, and the guy serving me asked if I wanted a bag.

Actually I wanted two in case the first one gets a hole in it.
Old 09 January 2013, 08:07 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Had to buy the dvd "Magic Mike" at xmas for the missus
Old 09 January 2013, 08:30 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Wink

Mens hair dye.
Denture products.
Womens clothes (for cross dressers only)
Toupe tape.

All from personal experience........
Old 09 January 2013, 08:30 PM
zippy!
Scooby Regular

A copy of broke back mountain for my mrs,s mum last xmas ,went to hmv to get it but decided to buy a gift voucher that covered the cost and told her they didn't have it at the time and she,d have to try get it herself in the new year lol

Last edited by zippy!; 09 January 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 09 January 2013, 08:36 PM
Paul_251
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by CharlySkunkWeed
Had to buy the dvd "Magic Mike" at xmas for the missus
Me too , worse than buying it though is having to sit through it
Old 09 January 2013, 08:41 PM
CharlySkunkWeed
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Paul_251
Me too , worse than buying it though is having to sit through it
She can watch it on her own !
Old 09 January 2013, 09:04 PM
Mouser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SWRTWannabe
I bought my wife a Rick Astley CD from HMV, and the guy serving me asked if I wanted a bag.

Actually I wanted two in case the first one gets a hole in it.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:10 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

ive bought sex toys from anne summers for my wife that was quite a stressful experience, would do it online now - but other online buys to save embarassment would be vaginal hygeine pads, if theyre on my wifes tesco shopping list - nope! ill just stick that on the online account, or tampons - even the word has me cringing - hope these are still suitable.

i bought cheesy posters for my wifes xmas - with family sayings on them, like - have you hung the washing up?, i love you, are you serious! (my sons common phrase just now) ect ect, family hug! it was just a list of sayings we as a family use, and they print them on a kindof stylish poster - its what id call a thoughtful xmas gift for the mrs - online it was fine - but if i had to choose these sayings in a shop - id feel under pressure mildly embaressed, and no doubt just blurt out some that were not true lol - kindof pathetic really.

any of them useful?
Old 09 January 2013, 11:20 PM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

The only thing really is ladies underwear.

To save embarrassment with condoms the trick is to buy HUNDREDS at once.
Old 09 January 2013, 11:23 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Ifact i still feel embaressed a bit when in womens laungerie section - bras, knickers everywhere - and my wifes not due to get there for another hour and ahalf - what must people think lol
again a hint of seriousness - even when i get dragged to such sh*te shops and she along with a pack of women are thoroughly inspecting bras or knickers in my presceence - i just hang around with my arm on one of the silver poles, pretending im not even noticing where we are - i still get the odd pang of embaressment! not constant but just occassionally think, god i hope these women realise i am actually here with my wife!! - how fcking increadibly sad - its totally irrational as ive been umpteen times without feeling the same

this mild feeling of insecurity soon turns to infintae rage when its onto the tops, bags, shoes or any other b*llsh*t i have zero interest in wether my wife decides to don it or not - further enhanced by trying things on im not even in the slightest bit interested in seeing modelled -wow what a tanjent!!!
but as soon as my wife realises whats shes wearing has absolutley zero effect on how i feel about her then the better!!
Old 10 January 2013, 12:07 AM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Buying cigarettes are embarrassing for some who gave up because they really wanted to, but took it up again.

I sometimes feel embarrassed looking through the music section at Tesco. They have piles of sh!te chart music lined up there. Their compilations suck as well. I try to avoid that isle because I tend to start staring at them. Then some respectable person walks past me, and then I wish for the ground under my feet to spilt in two and gulp me.

I have a doctor friend who loves shopping at LIDL, but finds it embarrassing to admit it publicly. We have to pay for shopping bags in Wales now, so he takes Tesco bags to carry his LIDL shopping in them. For the hilarious soul he is, he tells us that his posh neighbours sometimes see him offload his car, so he doesn’t want them to find out that he is a cheapskate or they’d lose respect for him.

Last edited by Turbohot; 10 January 2013 at 12:09 AM.
Old 10 January 2013, 06:40 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jef
Ifact i still feel embaressed a bit when in womens laungerie section - bras, knickers everywhere - and my wifes not due to get there for another hour and ahalf - what must people think lol
again a hint of seriousness - even when i get dragged to such sh*te shops and she along with a pack of women are thoroughly inspecting bras or knickers in my presceence - i just hang around with my arm on one of the silver poles, pretending im not even noticing where we are - i still get the odd pang of embaressment! not constant but just occassionally think, god i hope these women realise i am actually here with my wife!! - how fcking increadibly sad - its totally irrational as ive been umpteen times without feeling the same

this mild feeling of insecurity soon turns to infintae rage when its onto the tops, bags, shoes or any other b*llsh*t i have zero interest in wether my wife decides to don it or not - further enhanced by trying things on im not even in the slightest bit interested in seeing modelled -wow what a tanjent!!!
but as soon as my wife realises whats shes wearing has absolutley zero effect on how i feel about her then the better!!
lol you're really easy to embarrass.

I bought a female friend of mine a huge black ***** for her birthday as a joke present, I had to buy it online, but the follow up was lube.

I went to ASDA with a male friend and just bought the lube, as we went through the till the woman stopped and looked as us, I smiled and got hold of his hand, he went banana's lol
Old 10 January 2013, 09:03 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

Butt plug?
Old 10 January 2013, 10:25 PM
jef
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
lol you're really easy to embarrass.

I bought a female friend of mine a huge black ***** for her birthday as a joke present, I had to buy it online, but the follow up was lube.

I went to ASDA with a male friend and just bought the lube, as we went through the till the woman stopped and looked as us, I smiled and got hold of his hand, he went banana's lol
hah yeah i can be at times, at others nothing bothers me - its usually dependat on the situation specifics.

my friend used to work at security at an airport, and stopped a verly large american woman, to search her bag - this was years ago btw. he discovered a reasonably sized vibrator, and being a bit niave at the tender age of 19 (this was before internets/**** ect ect - a bit of hairy beaver in a littlewoods mag was the source of ************ - remember those days). he was an avid motorbike fan, loved the racing the drivers, the tools, anything related to it, was just a mechanically minded/interested young guy

anyway upon whipping this sex machine out of her handbag, having a good look and feel at it a bit dismayed - then just BAM! hits him - SH*T!! im playing about with this ladies vibrator! - she then bellows at him - "WHATS WRONG BOY! - YOU AINT EVER SEEN A VIBRATOR BEFORE"!! lol,

well he mumbled some lies went very red and tried to move on, knowing all his collegues had seen/heard the incedent until glowing a nice cherry red, and time for home lol.

ofcourse nowadays these incidents dont happen - you could pull out "the fist of fury" and not give it a second glance.

but this was back in the days where there was alittle more innocence and niavety, made me laugh anyway
Old 10 January 2013, 11:18 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by jef
!
You are not alone

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 11 January 2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: oops wrong url