stevep360
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.itv.com/news/update/2012-...eld-by-police/
Old 01 November 2012, 08:07 PM
Stevesbluewrx
Scooby Regular

Doesn't suprise me one bit. He's another one that I tought was a tad freaky on TV.

An Arrogant ***** in person too!!

Steve
Old 01 November 2012, 08:09 PM
Frosticles
Scooby Regular

How many more???
Old 01 November 2012, 08:15 PM
The Pink Ninja
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevesbluewrx
Doesn't suprise me one bit. He's another one that I tought was a tad freaky on TV.

An Arrogant ***** in person too!!

Steve
You're not wrong, I met him in the pub after one of his gigs up here, Doing coke in the toilets, He seemed to think he owned the gaff
Old 01 November 2012, 08:28 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

One of many more to appear .
Old 01 November 2012, 10:08 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

I'm expecting all of this to be like a big house of cards collapsing. This is the start IMO.
Old 02 November 2012, 01:14 AM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GAZ2293
Doing coke in the toilets, He seemed to think he owned the gaff
Yup, thats what coke does to you. So I`ve been told.
Old 02 November 2012, 02:08 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

In any controversy, one of the fundamental questions is:

"Where is the money?"
Old 02 November 2012, 07:14 AM
davyboy
Scooby Regular

Scoobynet kangaroo court.

Innocent until proven guilty remember.
Old 02 November 2012, 07:55 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^^^^
Yep agreed ~ but it wouldn't be a surprise!
Old 02 November 2012, 08:39 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Of course he's innocent, says the 69 yr old Freddie, sat next to his 34 yr old girlfriend. That in itself is creepy.
Old 02 November 2012, 08:39 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by davyboy

Is that the same as a witch hunt?
Old 02 November 2012, 08:43 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by davyboy

Max Clifford was saying he has had hundreds of calls from celebrities about the Savile scandal as purely an association with him can ruin a persons career now even if they have done nothing wrong.
Old 02 November 2012, 08:44 AM
Oldun
Scooby Regular

You should be careful what you say about people on a public forum.

Litigation is very easy these days.
Old 02 November 2012, 08:49 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Why oh why is max always called upon.
Old 02 November 2012, 08:54 AM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
That is according to Max Clifford. He is a publicist btw.
Old 02 November 2012, 09:43 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instanc...x/21797294.jpg
Old 02 November 2012, 09:50 AM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Dirty bugger
Old 02 November 2012, 09:58 AM
craigybaby
Scooby Regular

He's a weirdo lives about 10 mins away from me I see him all the time he just looks odd obviously eaten to many hamsters lol
Old 02 November 2012, 10:41 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

The 70's and 80's were very different times in terms of what was acceptable.
It was such a male dominated time. What many people turned a blind eye to at the time would sicken anyone today.

Please don't confuse this as me saying that what these dirty buggers are being accused of doing was acceptable. I just think that many people who just 'knew' the accused are going to be dragged through the mud unfairly.
We live in a very different world now. Social media rules and any piece of news can travel around the world in seconds.

We all need to be very careful with what we say. None of us would like to be accused of such dreadful crimes so the best thing is to keep your opinions to yourselves until the Police enquiry has been completed.
Old 02 November 2012, 10:47 AM
SkullFudge
Scooby Regular

Lets not forget this woman making some of these claims went down on Saville at 14 yrs old.
She did have a choice. !Many others would have legged it out the dressing room.
Commenting on "small breasts" is hardly a crime and certainly wasn't in that era.
Old 02 November 2012, 10:58 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gear Head
It was such a male dominated time. What many people turned a blind eye to at the time would sicken anyone today.

Please don't confuse this as me saying that what these dirty buggers are being accused of doing was acceptable. I just think that many people who just 'knew' the accused are going to be dragged through the mud unfairly.
We live in a very different world now. Social media rules and any piece of news can travel around the world in seconds.

We all need to be very careful with what we say. None of us would like to be accused of such dreadful crimes so the best thing is to keep your opinions to yourselves until the Police enquiry has been completed.
Yes, this.

I hope that there is some PROOF involved in all of this. Anyone who was with Jimmy Savile and especially those who 'appear' odd are going to have a very hard time.
Old 02 November 2012, 12:31 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

I know it was a different time back then,i remember looking through the lingerie section of my mother's catalogue..

Last edited by DYK; 02 November 2012 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02 November 2012, 02:13 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Saville I think was a complete monster, Glitter also but I think as has been mentioned it was a different society then and things that happened were considered more acceptable and brushed under the carpet.

I think back then if John Peel for example did **** a 15 year old girl then it was kind of par for the course, a 15 year old girl can vary between basket case and knowing exactly what she is doing (or thinking she does), physically able to have children and in some cultures married with a child already, it is our laws that determine 16 as an age where individuals can have sex, plenty of young couples have sex before that but the law states 16.

Back then it was all a bit of a grey area andpeople were considered kiddy fiddlers if they interfered with a child but not so much for a sexually mature younger person who was well into their teens, the whole "schoolgirl thing" was quite big back then, and accepted but all that kind of went during the late eighties and was considered rather vulgar and embarassing.

So, we get to now and normal blokes do look at younger women but they are quite aware that if the girl is under sixteen they will potentially end up signing the sex offenders register, the press are very two faced about it all, one minute they are calling someone a vile pervert for runnign off with a fifteen and a half year old girl and then the next, on the morning of her sixteenth birthday they are printing pictures gained by paparazzi of her pants or her topless sunbathing with some lewd caption.

Now, dont get me wrong, I am 42 next week, I shoudlnt ever be having sex with a 15 year old girl but I think the media have whipped up a storm here about Savile and they seem to want to drag others into it and destroy them, ok if they were voracious perverts like Savile then they deserve it but I think really, 40 years on, a 22 year old DJ ******** a willing 15 year old who looked 18 is probably something that is best left in the past, I dont see any point in judging someone with todays morality against that from the seventies.

I saw one woman in the Mail claiming she was groped by Savile, in fact it was videoed, I cant see why she was clainign it caused the breakup of her marriage 30 years later, we need to separate the bandwagoneering from the people who actually have suffered, how many people are after a claim, people go through all sorts, breavement, illness, accidents and survive mostly intact.
Old 02 November 2012, 02:26 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
Saville I think was a complete monster, Glitter also but I think as has been mentioned it was a different society then and things that happened were considered more acceptable and brushed under the carpet.

I think back then if John Peel for example did **** a 15 year old girl then it was kind of par for the course, a 15 year old girl can vary between basket case and knowing exactly what she is doing (or thinking she does), physically able to have children and in some cultures married with a child already, it is our laws that determine 16 as an age where individuals can have sex, plenty of young couples have sex before that but the law states 16.

Back then it was all a bit of a grey area andpeople were considered kiddy fiddlers if they interfered with a child but not so much for a sexually mature younger person who was well into their teens, the whole "schoolgirl thing" was quite big back then, and accepted but all that kind of went during the late eighties and was considered rather vulgar and embarassing.

So, we get to now and normal blokes do look at younger women but they are quite aware that if the girl is under sixteen they will potentially end up signing the sex offenders register, the press are very two faced about it all, one minute they are calling someone a vile pervert for runnign off with a fifteen and a half year old girl and then the next, on the morning of her sixteenth birthday they are printing pictures gained by paparazzi of her pants or her topless sunbathing with some lewd caption.

Now, dont get me wrong, I am 42 next week, I shoudlnt ever be having sex with a 15 year old girl but I think the media have whipped up a storm here about Savile and they seem to want to drag others into it and destroy them, ok if they were voracious perverts like Savile then they deserve it but I think really, 40 years on, a 22 year old DJ ******** a willing 15 year old who looked 18 is probably something that is best left in the past, I dont see any point in judging someone with todays morality against that from the seventies.

I saw one woman in the Mail claiming she was groped by Savile, in fact it was videoed, I cant see why she was clainign it caused the breakup of her marriage 30 years later, we need to separate the bandwagoneering from the people who actually have suffered, how many people are after a claim, people go through all sorts, breavement, illness, accidents and survive mostly intact.
+1

What I was trying to say but far better written!
Old 02 November 2012, 02:27 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
I know it was a different time back then,i remember looking through the lingerie section of my mother's catalogue..
Oh the 'Kays' catalogue!
Old 02 November 2012, 02:33 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Oh the 'Kays' catalogue!
I had a whole selection in our house,Marshall ward,Littlewoods,i used to check out the swimwear too
Old 02 November 2012, 03:46 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

We have always enjoyed his programmes very much. He is a natural comedian and a good singer too.

I shall be very sorry if he turns out to be guilty of that kind of behaviour.

Les
Old 02 November 2012, 03:58 PM
Norman Dog
Scooby Regular

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Wonder if he shagged that hamster before he ate it?

Quick Reply: Freddy is a STARR no more