Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Im off to buy an iPhone

Search this Thread

Old 02 December 2011, 05:09 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im off to buy an iPhone

It seems I was wrong all along, and backed a lame horse. I should have listened to the wiser people, and should have got used to a touchscreen a lot sooner.

Now its all doom and gloom, and RIM are going to fold without a doubt by 2013. They cant possibly survive this sort of fall.

So, what iPhone should I look at then, or should I go with an Android

http://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99s...eadlines-today
Old 02 December 2011, 05:32 PM
speye91
Scooby Regular

Htc Sensation Or the Galaxy.
Old 02 December 2011, 05:36 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

RIM were just being kept alive by the corporates. You know that RIM are doing badly when they announce they are going to let iPhone, Android etc.. connect to their BES. The BES was really the only reason that corporates had Blackberrys at all.

Even my (very large corporate) company allow their employees to use iPhone and Android.
Old 02 December 2011, 05:42 PM
ScoobySteve69
Scooby Regular

I was gonna replace my HTC Desire with another HTC till I read a review and then had a play with the Samsung Galaxy S2....bloody awesome phone :-) Dunno what to do now apart from def not get a cr@ppy iphone
Old 02 December 2011, 05:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Will be interesting to see what the future holds.
I am more than pleased with their latest offerings, and keen to see what BBX brings to the table. Would be a shame to see it all wound down. Or I wonder if a takeover would be in order.
Old 02 December 2011, 06:33 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I can't believe it I thought you were going your own way snazzy!!
Anyway I would say if you are already invested in apple products or plan to be such as owning an iPad I would say get the iPhone as the integration really is superb.

If you don't have apple products or don't intend to buy any others then go for the galaxy s2 which on its own is a better phone maybe.

I have had a galaxy s2 and now have an iPhone 4 and I do prefer the iPhone but it's a very close thing.
If you get an iPhone get the 4s if you can live with the bugs they seem to have currently which will no doubt soon be sorted
Old 02 December 2011, 06:37 PM
Ant
Scooby Regular

I'd like to take this time to be smug

I said on here rim is a dying company

Get a iPhone snaz . It'll make your life complete

Last edited by Ant; 02 December 2011 at 06:40 PM.
Old 02 December 2011, 06:41 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Lol Thanks all
Old 02 December 2011, 06:48 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

LOL!!!

Good luck with i-gadget. Personally, I couldn't be happier now I'm away from the iphoney.

Just didn't suit me at all - took all of 5 mins to realise, then a 24-month contract to get shot of it.

I hope it's a better experience for you.

(In 2 years time, I will see how Apple have changed the world and re-assess my stance)
Old 02 December 2011, 06:53 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Shouldn't have taken 24 months to get rid of any phone just sell it and buy a different one, it's easy
Old 02 December 2011, 06:58 PM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamescsti
Shouldn't have taken 24 months to get rid of any phone just sell it and buy a different one, it's easy
Especially iPhone as everyone wants one

Steve
Old 02 December 2011, 07:04 PM
topman2180
Scooby Regular

Tesco Mobile do 12 months contracts for Iphone I've currently got one. Only downside you pay abit more for the phone upfront and stock is sometimes an issue.

On the plus side I like the fast in and fast out of the contract and you don't have to wait the rest of your life to upgrade when a new model comes out.
Old 02 December 2011, 07:06 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Woah let's not turn this in to a bashing thread, one of these could be my future here!
That's not to say that I am about to swap any time soon. Who knows if this is the end of RIM, or just the start of something beautiful.

Here's to hoping I never need to go for one of the others unless they come out with a handset that has a form that suits me as well as my 9900 does now.
Old 02 December 2011, 07:07 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

I wouldnt have an i phone if it was the only phone avaialabe lol

i finally worked out what i want from a phone, and it isnt apps or maps or other stuff... its far simpler

Make calls

The keyboard is a huge bonus, though,

So rim goes **** up ... and?? someone will step in and buy them. its too huge a customer base to miss out on ...

i'm happy with what ive got for now and thats all that matters to me

Mart
Old 02 December 2011, 07:11 PM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

24 months as I'm bull-headed and didn't want to give up on the product. Only after Jailbreaking and many other things did I bother to do something about it.

Yes, I could have sold it earlier - don't like doing that. I make my decisions and stick by them.

FWIW, Rim's issues seem to surround taking a hit on tablet that, in all fairness, isn't very good.

Even if Rim go under, I'm genuinely very happy with my 9810. If Rim dies a death, it won't stop the core of what the phone does very well from working.

Don't give a toss about apps - just need a phone that does email and text etc in one device. BBM isn't an issue either - can take or leave it.

And the best thing is that the 9810 has both a real keyboard and touchscreen.

That said, would I recommend a Blackberry to new users now? That IS a tough question to answer......
Old 02 December 2011, 07:18 PM
topman2180
Scooby Regular

Email music player decent camera all those things are rolled into smart phones these days and any decent smartphone has them.

I personally like the fact I paid £4 for a turn by turn 3D sat nav on my Iphone instead of a £150 standalone Tom Tom.

You just pay abit more for an Iphone as like any product from Apple,

Their Apple Stores and customer services are incredible for peace of mind if you have a problem with your phone.
Old 02 December 2011, 07:28 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

I downloaded a 3d turn by turn sat nav for my iPhone for free and that's without jail breaking or doing anything else to alter the phone.
it's available on the app store and is very good

Last edited by Jamescsti; 02 December 2011 at 08:39 PM.
Old 02 December 2011, 07:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Interesting perspectives guys
For the record I don't think the Playbook is as bad as its made out to be. There is no denying RIM made a bad entry to the market and its cost them dearly. But its not necessarily a mistake as such. Just not as open for all as some would have liked.
Being NON 3G from launch killed its appeal to many.

Will RIM recover from this massive write down, maybe, maybe not. But I agree with what has been said, that it will never be left to disappear as its customer base IS too large. Maybe RIM will just become a service provider rather than a hardware maker, again, not such a bad deal.

Either way, right now I would and will still recommend Blackberry devices to people. I have never been happier with a phone than now. But I appreciate I need to keep my options open. So maybe after all this getting rid of my contracts, its time to add one for safe keeping and to get used to something else.

For me, I don't care how good touchscreens are, nothing will replace my preference of these lovely little keys on my Blackberry.
So, I shall get looking.
Old 02 December 2011, 08:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Don't buy a gizmo called iPhone 4s, or whatever that latest one is. It looks very appealing on the advert, but apparently it is self-destructive. There have been two cases heard lately when it exploded on its own accord. Well dodgey, man. iPhone 4 was a bit dodgey as well, with switching off itself etc. iPhone 3GS is the best. I still have that. It doesn't tempt you to you waste your time on unnecessary things, and let you get on with your life. Therefore, get iPhone 3GS.
Old 02 December 2011, 08:10 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

I downloaded a 3d turn by turn sat av for my iPhone for free and that's. It jail breaking or doing anything else similar it's available on the app store and is very good

What the hell are you trying to say

I'm not usually one of the spelling police but sweet Jesus you make no sense.
Old 02 December 2011, 08:40 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Milamber
What the hell are you trying to say

I'm not usually one of the spelling police but sweet Jesus you make no sense.
Now edited hope you can cope now!
Old 02 December 2011, 08:51 PM
Milamber
Scooby Senior

Now edited hope you can cope now!
phew, thanks.

Which app was it?
Old 02 December 2011, 09:47 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Well after nearly 2 years with an HTC Desire that was a real pos I decided to get an iPhone 4S. As far as I'm concerned it's in a different ball park. My youngest daughter paid £420 for an HTC Desire HD a few months ago and that too has been a pile of poo. Last week I got her a new iPhone 4S as well and she is over the moon with it. Android just seems so nearly but not quite there. The iPhone just does it. Imho.
Old 02 December 2011, 11:00 PM
nick172sport
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
Well after nearly 2 years with an HTC Desire that was a real pos I decided to get an iPhone 4S. As far as I'm concerned it's in a different ball park. My youngest daughter paid £420 for an HTC Desire HD a few months ago and that too has been a pile of poo. Last week I got her a new iPhone 4S as well and she is over the moon with it. Android just seems so nearly but not quite there. The iPhone just does it. Imho.
it makes me laugh when people have got so much time to use the phone ive none working to hard all i need is text and talk
Old 02 December 2011, 11:47 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Lol don't hate Nick, my life revolves around my Blackberry haha.
The day would not happen without a few hours on BBM, some surfing, Facebook for hours etc
Old 03 December 2011, 12:24 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
My Galaxy is inferior in every way to a 3GS, let alone my girlfriends i4. I bought it to use as a phone and to provide internet access on the road. Even with my limited requirement its a let down though and its plain that even a used iPhone would have been better...

Ive had an Apple computer alongside PCs for years and I have always liked them, although Im far from a fanboy, particularly now with the 'new' Apple.
Old 03 December 2011, 12:33 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Its interesting that review sites consider the Galaxy S2 to be on equal par to the i4S but the actual users that don't always have access to both current handsets consider the other to be so inferior.

I really hope RIM don't go under now lol
Old 03 December 2011, 12:50 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

My phone is up for renewal this weekend. I am seriously thinking about getting an iphone
Old 03 December 2011, 12:56 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWnunavN4bQ
Old 03 December 2011, 02:19 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy
It seems I was wrong all along, and backed a lame horse. I should have listened to the wiser people, and should have got used to a touchscreen a lot sooner.

Now its all doom and gloom, and RIM are going to fold without a doubt by 2013. They cant possibly survive this sort of fall.

So, what iPhone should I look at then, or should I go with an Android

http://crackberry.com/here%E2%80%99s...eadlines-today
*insert Jaws music here* Jackclark is coming, and he's going to strike!

Quick Reply: Im off to buy an iPhone