Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

We've all heard of Labradoodles, but....

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2011, 11:50 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We've all heard of Labradoodles, but....

...what about Cockerpoos (Cocker Spaniel x poodle);?

The latest I heard today was someone who had been relieved of a substantial amount of cash for a "Jug" (Jack Russell x Pug).

How fecking dim do you have to be to spend £300 plus on a bloody mongrel?

Words don't quite fail me because I'm quite resourceful in that department, but have you blokes heard of any other complete mongs who've paid ridiculous amounts of hard-earned for a moody breed?
Old 30 September 2011, 11:53 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Do you know what you get when you cross a Bulldog with a Shih tzu?

I'll leave it to your imagination lol.
Old 01 October 2011, 08:13 AM
RobsyUK
Scooby Regular

Received 183 Likes on 141 Posts

winds me up when people cross breed stupidly..
I saw a half beagle half minature for sale. Who the **** puts a beagle on a minature dashound.
It's sick and not an accident. Not only that cross breeds are more prone to get both species illnesses.
Old 01 October 2011, 09:08 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

Our labradoodle

Old 01 October 2011, 09:54 AM
Skoobie Dhu
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba po
...what about Cockerpoos (Cocker Spaniel x poodle);?
Yup, here's ours - and they're cockapoos.

Good for people with an allergy to dogs - but a bit more fun and macho than a poodle.

After a lifetime of different breeds of dog, for us these are the ultimate family dogs.

Compact, don't shed hair, don't smell when wet, very people friendly. Bred from a pedigree working cocker, our brown cockapoo has a very impressive kill list of rabbits and birds.

Apparently they can live to a fair old age as well, guess that must be the poodle.

Last edited by Skoobie Dhu; 01 October 2011 at 09:57 AM.
Old 01 October 2011, 10:40 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I should think all dogs have some form of cross breeding in them. Doesn't make me like them any less though.

Les
Old 01 October 2011, 10:51 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RobsyUK
Not only that cross breeds are more prone to get both species illnesses.

Well that's wrong for a start. Anybody who knows anything about genetics will tell you that it's INbreeding which causes genetic illnesses, not outbreeding. Having a restricted gene pool makes it far more likely that double helpings of deleterious recessive genes will occur. Outbreeding massively reduces that risk, and on the whole mongrels (which is what these dogs are) tend to be far more genetically healthy than pedigrees.

Many and varied are the methods of relieving credulous feejits of their cash, but selling mongrels as something "special", just because they have a stupid name that can be tossed around and bragged about at Essex barbecues, has to be one of the greatest. Kudos to the person who came up with that idea.
Old 01 October 2011, 10:53 AM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have what is nominally known as a "Yorkie Poo", alledgedly Yorkshire Terrier/Poodle, he is no designer Dog, just a scruffy little Mongrel, cost us £100 from a farm in Holmes Chapel, looks like Gnasher out of the Beano, not tiny as, sort of between a Large Jack Russell and a Cocker Spaniel. He is a great little dog really, so friendly with people and other dogs, happy to laze about or walk, never seen a more agile Dog, honestly he makes other dogs look clumsy and slow when chasing each other, its hillarious.

He is quite vocal, he sounds like Snarf off the old cartoons.

Mongrel, Yorkie Poo or whatever, we love him to bits.
Old 01 October 2011, 12:47 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Well that's wrong for a start. Anybody who knows anything about genetics will tell you that it's INbreeding which causes genetic illnesses, not outbreeding. Having a restricted gene pool makes it far more likely that double helpings of deleterious recessive genes will occur. Outbreeding massively reduces that risk, and on the whole mongrels (which is what these dogs are) tend to be far more genetically healthy than pedigrees.
I was about to bring you up on that in regards your first post. Mongrels are always the more healthy specie, people who breed pedigree dogs, for the purpose of them being pedigree, get on my wick.
Old 01 October 2011, 01:15 PM
ScoobyDriverWannabe
Scooby Regular

I could understand the reasoning behind Labradoodles, apparently the bloke who crossed them originally in Australia did it for some one with allergies who needed a guide dog.

But some of them are just daft

The lass from next door paid £350 for a staff/pug cross. That wasn't from a breeder either it was someone else who bought a pair, but decided she couldn't cope with them. A week later she got a phone call asking if she wanted the other one for free.

She took them to the vets for the injections and the vet begged her not to breed them. Something wrong with the jaw lines. The vet said any pups of them the problem would be even worse.
Old 01 October 2011, 01:41 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dedrater
I was about to bring you up on that in regards your first post. Mongrels are always the more healthy specie, people who breed pedigree dogs, for the purpose of them being pedigree, get on my wick.
I think I may have given the wrong impression of where I stand on mongrels. On the whole, they tend to be excellent dogs, robustly healthy and fine pets. But no-one should be paying inflated prices for something that is a simple crossbreed, such as might have been sired on street corners when we were kids, as we stood enthralled by the sight of two dogs with their ***** stuck together being belaboured about the heads and bodies by fat, shrieking women with sweeping-brushes. And they only really breed to type in the first generation (F1). When they are crossed again in the next generation, all the characteristics separate out in an unpredictable mosaic. They're not a proper breed, and anyone who pays more than £100 tops for one is a complete imbecile.
Old 01 October 2011, 07:49 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

we have a shihpoo which is a miniature poodle/shihtzu cross,the wife paid £400 for it from a breeders they have all sorts of cross breeds from pedigree breeds.the owner reckons they are much healthier dogs than the pedigree breeds that they used to sell as there is more swimming in the gene pool.
i have to say im not a massive dog lover but our dog is a wonderful addition to family life she is a friendly, loving,gentle,healthy little thing and worth every penny despite being a designer mongrel.
Old 01 October 2011, 08:37 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

Anyone who has any dog smaller than a giant breed should consider themselves as homosexual.

They're not a proper breed, and anyone who pays more than £100 tops for one is a complete imbecile.
Pugles - Pug x Beagle have been advertised for around £1300.
Old 01 October 2011, 09:03 PM
gtijames
Scooby Regular

i will tell the wife she is a homo then maybe she can bring a 'friend' around lol
Old 01 October 2011, 10:24 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=ScoobyWon't;10262626]Anyone who has any dog smaller than a giant breed should consider themselves as homosexual.
QUOTE]

Why ?

Tend to find Dogs dont care about size and I will bet you get to talk to more ladies when you have a small cute and scruffy Mongrel than you do with something a bit scary.

That said, we do have a yearning for an Irish Wolfhound, but not sure I could get a Dog doomed to such a short life.
Old 01 October 2011, 10:27 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

This is ours, having been subjected to his one and only professional grooming, it had grown out a bit by then but he looked so poncy when he came back, he likes a bit of Nitro action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nPlweuX8iM
Old 01 October 2011, 10:54 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.k9couture.webs.com/

Did someone mention dog grooming

Shaun
Old 01 October 2011, 11:02 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Midlife......
http://www.k9couture.webs.com/

Did someone mention dog grooming

Shaun
All my grooming is done over the internet

Actually Rambo looked such a ponce after last time I vowed to do him myself, he had a bath today and smells, like always like a recently shampooed granny, I will give him a haircut tomorrow so he doesnt look like a comedy Poodle like last time, twenty five quid to make the Dog look like a Poof !
Old 01 October 2011, 11:12 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Our Labradoodle just after a clip. He's a big softy about as big as a standard poodle but with the build of a Labrador.

Somebody paid over a grand for this mut and then when he grew up decided he was to big and wanted rid, When we first had him he didn't know his name and was a nervous wreck.

Henry
Old 01 October 2011, 11:18 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MMT WRX
Our Labradoodle just after a clip. He's a big softy about as big as a standard poodle but with the build of a Labrador.

Somebody paid over a grand for this mut and then when he grew up decided he was to big and wanted rid, When we first had him he didn't know his name and was a nervous wreck.

Henry
I bet he knows his name now !

I think people get Dogs not realising its like an extra or first child, I think some people think they are getting a Hamster, a massive difference between a dumb caged prey animal and an intelligent predator.
Old 01 October 2011, 11:23 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=J4CKO;10262830]
Originally Posted by ScoobyWon't
Anyone who has any dog smaller than a giant breed should consider themselves as homosexual.
QUOTE]

Why ?

Tend to find Dogs dont care about size and I will bet you get to talk to more ladies when you have a small cute and scruffy Mongrel than you do with something a bit scary.

That said, we do have a yearning for an Irish Wolfhound, but not sure I could get a Dog doomed to such a short life.
You should see the amount of attention I get from the ladies when they see my Newfoundland. They all seem to think he is a giant teddy bear, nothing scary about him at all. They don't believe that he's capable of towing boats and rescuing people.

I think a lot of dogs do care about size. The small ones do try to either bark like mad or act aggressive when they see my dog walking by.
Old 01 October 2011, 11:28 PM
MMT WRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
I bet he knows his name now !

I think people get Dogs not realising its like an extra or first child, I think some people think they are getting a Hamster, a massive difference between a dumb caged prey animal and an intelligent predator.
For sure. He's the most gently giant you could meet. We have a Chinchilla that bounces around the house and they play with each other. He does need three good long walks a day and we constantly get stopped by people cooing and wanting to stroke him.
Old 01 October 2011, 11:49 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

This isn't a fecking dog appreciation society, you besotted feejits. This thread is about the mentally-challenged being relieved of their readies for creatively-named MONGRELS.

Christ.
Old 01 October 2011, 11:54 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

You fit in well with this lot then Flubba
Old 01 October 2011, 11:54 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gtijames
we have a shihpoo which is a miniature poodle/shihtzu cross,the wife paid £400 for it from a breeders they have all sorts of cross breeds from pedigree breeds.the owner reckons they are much healthier dogs than the pedigree breeds that they used to sell as there is more swimming in the gene pool.
i have to say im not a massive dog lover but our dog is a wonderful addition to family life she is a friendly, loving,gentle,healthy little thing and worth every penny despite being a designer mongrel.
I wonder why they didn't call it a shitpoo.
Old 01 October 2011, 11:55 PM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie
You fit in well with this lot then Flubba
I don't have a dog, Rucksack-boy.
Old 02 October 2011, 01:29 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

This isn't a fecking dog appreciation society, you besotted feejits. This thread is about the mentally-challenged being relieved of their readies for creatively-named MONGRELS.

Christ.
Old 02 October 2011, 01:24 PM
Silver Angel
Scooby Regular

We had a labradoodle 25 years ago nobody had heard of them them

Old 02 October 2011, 04:10 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

have you heard of the bull shih tzu (BullSh!t) bull dog crossed with a shih tzu very cute!! would love a full breed Bull dog.

James
Old 02 October 2011, 05:32 PM
FurballPhil
Scooby Regular

I have a "Porky" called Alfie....

He`s A Yorkshire Terrier X Pomeranian.....

The Day I Got Him (8 Weeks Old)

As He Is Now (10 Months Old)

Quick Reply: We've all heard of Labradoodles, but....