Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Do you do REALLY stupid things?

Search this Thread

Old 13 March 2011, 02:20 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Do you do REALLY stupid things?

Or am I just getting past it (rhetorical question btw)?

Like yesterday. I use a cordless phone and it rang when I was watching telly. As I answered it the TV packed up

Only then did I realise that using the TV monitor to answer the phone just wasn't going to work

Any similar confessions?

D
Old 13 March 2011, 02:25 PM
andy-m
Scooby Regular

we've all done stupid !
i once fitted new speakers in the front door cards of my classic.
after refitting the drivers door card, only the drivers window worked, none of the windows on the other 3 doors would work at all. had the drivers door card off 3 times before i realised i must have knocked the childlock switch on the drivers door card !
Old 13 March 2011, 02:29 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I forgot to screw the sump plug back on after doing my first oil change. Took 2 litres of oil to click...
Old 13 March 2011, 03:01 PM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock

Like yesterday. I use a cordless phone and it rang when I was watching telly. As I answered it the TV packed up

Only then did I realise that using the TV monitor to answer the phone just wasn't going to work

Any similar confessions?

D

Remind me not to phone you when you're ironing!
Old 13 March 2011, 04:09 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Once was fitting an inline suppressor into the king lead from coil to distributor. Just as I was about to cut the lead, I realised I couldn't SEE very well, so I switched on the headlights. THEN I had a thought that if it took any time it would flatten the battery........yep, I started the engine and THEN cut the lead.

Picked myself up from a rosebush about six feet away........
Old 13 March 2011, 04:12 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been known to try and open the doors in my house with the keyfob from my car.

Needless to say it never works.
Old 13 March 2011, 04:34 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by oldsplice
Remind me not to phone you when you're ironing!
Old 13 March 2011, 04:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
I forgot to screw the sump plug back on after doing my first oil change. Took 2 litres of oil to click...
+1

Hows the new car running, you got that head unit working yet?

Oh and i meant to sat we had that same model (albeit the TE estate) as a company car, it was the MD's car and he was a bit of a swine. it was ragged remorselessly by us employees at every opportunity. It remained in the company for 8 or so years and was thoroughly used and abused. He skimpt on servicing and it racked up 250k in our 'care'

Never had any work done to it other than servicing and the usual pads and stuff, engine was sweet as a nut as was the whole drivetrain.

They can take real abuse!
Old 13 March 2011, 04:49 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jamz3k
I've been known to try and open the doors in my house with the keyfob from my car.

Needless to say it never works.
I'm in and out of my car all day visiting various jobs, and I regularly do this when I get home
Old 13 March 2011, 05:41 PM
scoobiesteve103
Scooby Regular

shut my bootlid on my iphone doh
Old 13 March 2011, 07:00 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
+1

Hows the new car running, you got that head unit working yet?

Oh and i meant to sat we had that same model (albeit the TE estate) as a company car, it was the MD's car and he was a bit of a swine. it was ragged remorselessly by us employees at every opportunity. It remained in the company for 8 or so years and was thoroughly used and abused. He skimpt on servicing and it racked up 250k in our 'care'

Never had any work done to it other than servicing and the usual pads and stuff, engine was sweet as a nut as was the whole drivetrain.

They can take real abuse!
Sweet mate, really purrs. Just dorting some stuff off Polished Bliss so I can pamper her after Nats got the baby out. Priorities an' all that
Old 13 March 2011, 08:11 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

stuck my tongue to the feezer unit of the fridge
Old 13 March 2011, 08:17 PM
The Dogs B******s
Scooby Regular

On my mobile to the wife a while back,started searching through all my pockets then said 'for f*cks sake'.She asked me what was wrong???? I replied, I've lost my phone.
Old 13 March 2011, 08:22 PM
brownstain85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
On my mobile to the wife a while back,started searching through all my pockets then said 'for f*cks sake'.She asked me what was wrong???? I replied, I've lost my phone.
Old 13 March 2011, 08:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

In the Eastbourne Beach loo's once a few years ago.

My mate went in a few minutes before me .... when I went in I decided it would be REALLY funny to scoop water in my hands out of the basin and throw it over the top of the door onto him while he was sat on the throne.

Yes, you've guessed it ... wrong trap!!!! One very angry bodybuilder wasn't happy!!

I ran away
Old 13 March 2011, 08:41 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Dogs B******s
Old 13 March 2011, 09:30 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

I often wonder what's wrong when I can't open the door at my in laws, it usually takes me a few times of checking I have the right key, until I realise I am attempting to unlock the in laws front door with MY house keys.

I know I will do it again too!
Old 13 March 2011, 10:26 PM
Flaps
Scooby Regular

I took a swig of T-Cut instead of beer once while polishing my car.
Old 13 March 2011, 10:50 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

So,yesterday I thought I would give the cooker a good clean.Decided to remove the 4 burner control *****.Each **** comes in 3 parts.The main ****,a spring & a base plate.
Upon removing them I noticed 1 spring & base plate missing! Well,I thought it must of sprung off when I removed the **** & landed somewhere in the kitchen.As i only have a small galley type kitchen with all fitted units & kick boards,how difficult could it be to find a spring & base plate. 1 hour later of grumbling(why does even the simplest job always turn into a fu**ing nightmare*) & head scratching searching behind the fridge & on top of the wall units etc. I found it still attached to the main ****........DER!!
Old 13 March 2011, 10:54 PM
daddyscoob
Scooby Regular

all the time..... just now wanted to upload some video from my phone onto you tube. Spent 20mns on the lap top trying to get it to find my phone. Laptop is sitting on the comp desk and it took me that long to realise I'd connected the phone to the desk top but was using the laptop....

Once some time ago during my lunch break I wanted to tax my car. Time was short and I rushed into the post office..... did think on the way in what a fancy post office it was, carpets on the floor etc. Shoved all my paperwork under the screen thing. The lady said " you need to go to the post office to tax your car " I'd rushed into Barclays Bank by mistake...... they were next door to each other !!!!

Another one living in Ledbury at the time. Had a flat on the high street. One evening need to go to the launderette but it was raining heavily so took my Transit van. Did the laundry then went home. Next morning got up and went to head for work but when I got to the carpark no van !!!! Walked to the Police station and reported it stolen. Police Lady suggested walking through the town cos it could have been moved.
As I walked up the high Street -yep you guessed it - as soon as I saw the launderette I remembered. When I came out of the launderette the previous evening the rain had stopped and I walked home. The van was where I'd left it round the corner from the launderette. Too embaressed I phoned the police station and said I had found it.
Old 13 March 2011, 10:54 PM
Torquemada
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I opened a toilet door realy hard into my face the other day. I couldn't help laughin myself silly even though I was in a fair bit o pain skills

Last edited by Torquemada; 13 March 2011 at 10:56 PM. Reason: booze
Old 13 March 2011, 11:06 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not so long ago I tried to safely dispose of some old fireworks I found by burning them. As I was scraping the powder out of them with a screwdriver I was thinking it was not the best idea, but then I thought what's the worst that could happen.
Old 13 March 2011, 11:06 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Yes i have sometimes walked up to a door with a sign saying push to open,so i pulled it instead..
Old 13 March 2011, 11:17 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Cool

Glad I'm not the only one

And car things remind me that before the days of key fob locks I often tried to open my car door when parked for shopping only to realise that I was trying to open a similar model parked close by!! Honestly officer I thought it was mine

dl
Old 13 March 2011, 11:40 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Yes i have sometimes walked up to a door with a sign saying push to open,so i pulled it instead..
LOL I do it all the time at our local Tesco fuel station. I have started to pay at the pump itself now to avoid embarrassment in public. I still think that these places shouldn't have a pulling handles on pushable doors, if they want us to push them, not pull. What happens is that the brain does take notice of "PUSH" sign for a nano second, but the uncontrollable temptation to pull the handle towards one overcomes the fresh memory of that insignificant sign. IMO Tesco as usual take the biscuit. Bet their staff members laugh their head off at the "handle puller" idiots in the backroom afterwards. Not good.
Old 14 March 2011, 09:55 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Only a few weeks ago, the other half was going to be back home late. I put his dinner in the oven to stay warm, or so I thought.
I had actually put it in the fridge
Old 14 March 2011, 10:02 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

We've all been here, I'm sure:

Old 14 March 2011, 10:02 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
Only a few weeks ago, the other half was going to be back home late. I put his dinner in the oven to stay warm, or so I thought.
I had actually put it in the fridge

Old 14 March 2011, 10:20 AM
oldsplice
Scooby Regular

I can't be the only one that's done the 'pouring a bowlful of water down the sink, when the u-bend thingy has been disconnected to unblock it, and Mr OS has still got his head under it' trick.

Can I?
Old 14 March 2011, 10:36 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock

Any similar confessions?

D
Comes to us all DL!

Les

Quick Reply: Do you do REALLY stupid things?