Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pakistani men see white girls as 'easy meat', claims Jack Straw

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2011, 04:52 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Pakistani men see white girls as 'easy meat', claims Jack Straw

Jack Straw is getting in hot water for this allegedly racist outburst?

Labour MPs criticise Jack Straw over sexual abuse comments

Former Home Secretary Jack Straw has accused some Pakistani men in Britain of seeing young white women as "easy meat" for sexual abuse.
7:42AM GMT 08 Jan 2011
The Blackburn MP has called on the Pakistani community to be "more open" about the issue after describing about a "specific problem" involving young Pakistani men's attitudes towards white girls.

He was speaking after two Asian men were jailed after subjecting a series of vulnerable girls to rapes and sexual assaults.

Abid Mohammed Saddique, 27, was jailed for a minimum of 11 years at Nottingham Crown Court and Mohammed Romaan Liaqat, 28, was told he must serve at least eight years before being considered for release.

The men were the ring leaders of a gang that befriended girls aged from 12 to 18 in the Derby area and groomed them for sex.

Thirteen men were charged in relation to Operation Retriever, which Derbyshire Police set up, and 11 stood trial charged with offences relating to 26 alleged victims. Out of the original 13, a total of nine swere convicted of sexual offences.

Speaking to the BBC's Newsnight programme, Mr Straw said: "Pakistanis, let's be clear, are not the only people who commit sexual offences, and overwhelmingly the sex offenders' wings of prisons are full of white sex offenders.

"But there is a specific problem which involves Pakistani heritage men ... who target vulnerable young white girls.

"We need to get the Pakistani community to think much more clearly about why this is going on and to be more open about the problems that are leading to a number of Pakistani heritage men thinking it is OK to target white girls in this way."

The judge said he did not believe the crimes were "racially aggravated", but Mr Straw said he thought vulnerable white girls were at risk of being targeted by some Asian men.

"These young men are in a western society, in any event, they act like any other young men, they're fizzing and popping with testosterone, they want some outlet for that, but Pakistani heritage girls are off-limits and they are expected to marry a Pakistani girl from Pakistan, typically," he said.
"So they then seek other avenues and they see these young women, white girls who are vulnerable, some of them in care ... who they think are easy meat.
"And because they're vulnerable they ply them with gifts, they give them drugs, and then of course they're trapped."

Police in Derbyshire have insisted that the sexual abuse case should not be treated as a racial issue.
The sentencing of Saddique and Romaan came a day after Prime Minister David Cameron said "cultural sensitivities" should not hinder police action in such cases.

Speaking on Friday to The Times during a visit to Oldham, Mr Cameron said: "We should not be put off by cultural sensitivities or anything like that. Pursue the evidence, pursue criminality wherever it leads."
Old 08 January 2011, 04:57 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Was going to post something about this myself, but thought 'what is the point as Tony will no doubt be along with it in a minute'... and ta da!

Nothing if not predictable.

Oh and storm in a teacup btw A prime example of the media stirring things up!
Old 08 January 2011, 04:59 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Oh and storm in a teacup btw A prime example of the media stirring things up!
For the abused it is quite serious.

I see a parallel in the Lebanese community in Australia. Same insularity and chauvinism.
Old 08 January 2011, 05:06 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Cant wait to see what **** this stirs up. LOL
Old 08 January 2011, 05:19 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Did the "Spanish pigs v muslims" thread just get vaped?
Old 08 January 2011, 05:20 PM
EH52WRX
Scooby Regular

Yes i was just saying i hope it was contaminated meat.
Old 08 January 2011, 05:21 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by andythejock01wrx
Did the "Spanish pigs v muslims" thread just get vaped?
Wow SN in common sense shocker
Old 08 January 2011, 05:22 PM
Trout
Scooby Regular

And I was just warming to the nogood theme
Old 08 January 2011, 05:53 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Asian men abusing women?

Now THERE's a shocker..............
Old 08 January 2011, 06:13 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Asian men abusing women?

Now THERE's a shocker..............
What about Garry Glitter, and many thousands of Western men, who travel to the east engaged in sexual exploitation and abuse of asian people? How long has that been going on for?
Old 08 January 2011, 06:15 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

He's one man, they are a small perverted minority.

The Islamic faith seems to make woman second class citizens. That's abuse in my book, on a grand scale.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:19 PM
Dedrater
Scooby Regular

Agreed.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:20 PM
DCI Gene Hunt
Scooby Senior

In fact I'd go as far to say most men (of any race, creed or colour) treat women like ****...
Old 08 January 2011, 06:24 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

about time I was starting to miss the threads see if there was sharia law those men would of been executed lol

Tony where are you from as I doubt your english?
Old 08 January 2011, 06:25 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AsifScoob
What about Garry Glitter, and many thousands of Western men, who travel to the east engaged in sexual exploitation and abuse of asian people? How long has that been going on for?
Because the culture in the far east allows it!

Ours does not and your quote is nullified by his statement.

Speaking to the BBC's Newsnight programme, Mr Straw said: "Pakistanis, let's be clear, are not the only people who commit sexual offences, and overwhelmingly the sex offenders' wings of prisons are full of white sex offenders.

"But there is a specific problem which involves Pakistani heritage men ... who target vulnerable young white girls.

And the west does not see the sex of a first born child to be an issue either or who they should marry or from what race.

Mr Straw added: "These young men are in a western society, in any event, they act like any other young men, they're fizzing and popping with testosterone, they want some outlet for that, but Pakistani heritage girls are off-limits and they are expected to marry a Pakistani girl from Pakistan, typically," he said.

Old 08 January 2011, 06:27 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

The Islamic faith seems to make woman second class citizens. That's abuse in my book, on a grand scale.
No, he's just the most famous. As I said thousands have been doing it, for donkeys years. What do you call that then, in direct comparison to this story please?

In terms of having a view about Islam, that is your opinion, fair enough. But to justify your previous comment with a sweeping generalisation, about something else, is wrong IMO and simply a change of subject.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:27 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
In fact I'd go as far to say most men (of any race, creed or colour) treat women like ****...
Seems to work both ways, these days

Do men and wimmins actually like each other
Old 08 January 2011, 06:29 PM
Hysteria1983
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DCI Gene Hunt
Too true!

Look at that thread asking advice for stag weekends.

A fair few people on here were implying that they discard the mrs, and a stag night is a bit of a what goes on tour, stays on tour type of attitude.

That doesn't show much respect for the wAgs, abd the whole stag weekend is quite a British thing.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:32 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by Hysteria1983
Too true!

A fair few people on here were implying that they discard the mrs, and a stag night is a bit of a what goes on tour, stays on tour type of attitude.

That doesn't show much respect for the wAgs, abd the whole stag weekend is quite a British thing.

Oh it's all talk. To read some of the supposed antics of some on here, you would think they were all built like Arnie, with dongs the size of a horse and wimmins breaking their necks to be with them.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:32 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
Because the culture in the far east allows it!

Ours does not and your quote is nullified by his statement.

And the west does not see the sex of a first born child to be an issue either or who they should marry or from what race.

Mr Straw added: "These young men are in a western society, in any event, they act like any other young men, they're fizzing and popping with testosterone, they want some outlet for that, but Pakistani heritage girls are off-limits and they are expected to marry a Pakistani girl from Pakistan, typically," he said.
Sorry but where have I quoted anybody please? And the culture here does not 'allow' it? Are you sure?

If that was my child they would not be wondering the streets at night, for precisely this reason.

If the culture there allowed it, why was GG put in prison?

Abuse happens everywhere I am afraid.

As far as Jack Straw is concerned, why didn't he say something about it previously? He must have known something about it? But then, look at his recent comments about the Iraq War. The man is a tw@t!
Old 08 January 2011, 06:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

That doesn't show much respect for the wAgs, abd the whole stag weekend is quite a British utterly pathetic thing.
EFA

As for the thread I see just as much disregard for women from men from all sections of society.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:35 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

Too true!

..... and women would never do a thing like that would they?

Wasn't there a thread on here a few days ago where a member owned a hotel, and told us some of the things women on a hen do got up to?

With my friends it seems that the women do the cheating, whilst the blokes get treated like crap.

Women are no better than men (and i'm not saying men are saints of course, just as bad as each other)
Old 08 January 2011, 06:36 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Lee247
Oh it's all talk. To read some of the supposed antics of some on here, you would think they were all built like Arnie, with dongs the size of a horse and wimmins breaking their necks to be with them.
You forgot that they are all cage fighters too
Old 08 January 2011, 06:36 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by f1_fan
EFA

As for the thread I see just as much disregard for women from men from all sections of society.

Whole heartedly agree. Straw needs a severe ticking off for picking out just one group of people.
Old 08 January 2011, 06:38 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It does seem quite common, they would never marry a white girl but they are ok for sex, that's the message I get, same as gambling and drinking, it's "Haraam" but if you can get away with it then fair enough, white blokes do it as well so its not just an Asian thing but there does seem to be a cultural thing going on.

My wife has a Pakistani mate and her brother always warned her of going out with Asian males !
Old 08 January 2011, 06:39 PM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Moley_WRX
..... and women would never do a thing like that would they?

Wasn't there a thread on here a few days ago where a member owned a hotel, and told us some of the things women on a hen do got up to?

With my friends it seems that the women do the cheating, whilst the blokes get treated like crap.

Women are no better than men (and i'm not saying men are saints of course, just as bad as each other)

1+
Old 08 January 2011, 06:41 PM
The Trooper 1815
18 June 1815 - Waterloo

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

AsifScoob women are second class in a Islamic Society, it's not an opinion it's fact. Forced marriages ring a bell?

Old 08 January 2011, 06:43 PM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

Originally Posted by The Trooper 1815
AsifScoob women are second class in a Islamic Society, it's not an opinion it's fact. Forced marriages ring a bell?

But surely the bloke is being forced into marraige too
Old 08 January 2011, 06:45 PM
AsifScoob
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by J4CKO
It does seem quite common, they would never marry a white girl but they are ok for sex, that's the message I get, same as gambling and drinking, it's "Haraam" but if you can get away with it then fair enough, white blokes do it as well so its not just an Asian thing but there does seem to be a cultural thing going on.

My wife has a Pakistani mate and her brother always warned her of going out with Asian males !
J4CKO, you have a point. In my opinion however, it has changed over the years. My Brother is married to a white girl, in fact I introduced them. My Mum, despite being old fashioned, has no problem with it.

I see increasing numbers of White girls/guys marrying South Asians, of all types, with a nice, easy going, get along sort of attitude.

They don't always work of course, but what type of marriages do these days?

Perhaps it has something to do with which part of the country you hail from. I suggest that oop North it is different.

Asif
Old 08 January 2011, 06:48 PM
mrmadcap
Scooby Regular

Too true!

Thats rubbish, i used to live in Blackpool and i'm telling you now that women on hen nights behaved in exactly the same way.

Quick Reply: Pakistani men see white girls as 'easy meat', claims Jack Straw