Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Tony Blair, come back please, the country needs you.

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2010, 08:33 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tony Blair, come back please, the country needs you.

Okay, so you may have bankrupted the country, but at least under New Labour we weren't subjected to a daily barrage of bad news about job losses and cutbacks. I cant take any more bad news. I'm becoming depressed, in fact so depressed i might have to get my doctor to sign me off on incapacity benefit.

Come back mate, and bring some sunshine with you.
Old 07 November 2010, 08:37 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
Okay, so you may have bankrupted the country, but at least under New Labour we weren't subjected to a daily barrage of bad news about job losses and cutbacks.

Pillock! that's exactly what we where being set up for when NL got voted out after years of empty promises bad udgment and soundbites and lets face it your bum-boys and w@nk material in the form of TB and Flash Gordon fecked this country over big time!

IMHO
Old 07 November 2010, 08:45 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Okay, so you may have bankrupted the country, but at least under New Labour we weren't subjected to a daily barrage of bad news about job losses and cutbacks. I cant take any more bad news. I'm becoming depressed, in fact so depressed i might have to get my doctor to sign me off on incapacity benefit.

Best hurry as I think incapacity benefit is for the chop under the Condems
Old 07 November 2010, 08:46 PM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Pillock! that's exactly what we where being set up for when NL got voted out after years of empty promises bad udgment and soundbites and lets face it your bum-boys and w@nk material in the form of TB and Flash Gordon fecked this country over big time!

IMHO
Eloquently put.

Chop
Old 07 November 2010, 09:00 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pillock!
Old 07 November 2010, 09:01 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

IMHO
Yes they left it in a bit of debt, but just take out another credit card, or call one of those "loans for U" adverts, but all we hear now is cuts,cuts,cuts. SOOOOO much bad news. I'm becoming clinically depressed.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:09 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I often wonder at what peoples view on Blair would be now, and what his legacy would look like, were it not for a few 'hanging chads' in Florida in 2000?
Old 07 November 2010, 09:12 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I remember the good old days .... sun, hope, riches, trust, great futures .... then the world burps and we catch a dose!!

And the simple, idiotic and deluded jump ship and vote Tory!!!

Come back Labour .... we really do need you
Old 07 November 2010, 09:14 PM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Keep on taking the Lithium Pete

....Glad that I'm not simple, idiotic or deluded though

Last edited by SJ_Skyline; 07 November 2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:17 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Yes they left it in a bit of debt, but just take out another credit card, or call one of those "loans for U" adverts, but all we hear now is cuts,cuts,cuts. SOOOOO much bad news. I'm becoming clinically depressed.
B&Q have some good, stout rope on offer at the moment.

Of you go.....go on....
Old 07 November 2010, 09:33 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
B&Q have some good, stout rope on offer at the moment.

Of you go.....go on....
With a VAT rise and the threat of redundacy, i wont be visiting any shops in the near future, B&Q included. Thats how bad it is, no-one dares spend any money. Its like a huge black cloud has been blown over the whole country.
Old 07 November 2010, 09:38 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

All paid for with money the country didn't have leaving crippling debt's which have left the country close to bankruptsy. Yes let's stick our heads in the sand like Labour were doing and see if we can keep the party going for a bit longer...
Old 07 November 2010, 09:46 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Yes let's stick our heads in the sand like Labour were doing and see if we can keep the party going for a bit longer...
Not only have the Tories broken up the party, they have also confiscated the alcopops. Too much doom and gloom.
Old 07 November 2010, 10:10 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Not only have the Tories broken up the party, they have also confiscated the alcopops. Too much doom and gloom.
I suppose it's a contrast for some! Under Labour you'd be able to enjoy your tax-payer funded alcopop whilst in front of Jeremy Kyle in your rented house, paid for by the tax payer, whilst on benefits.

I don't see wanting to make changes such as clamping down on spongers, laying off council pen-pushers who are a huge burden on the tax payer (however its important to note there that there are a lot of important jobs being down by public sector too, and clamping down on immigrant is a bad thing. I would say that's not doom and gloom - it's encouraging knowing that less of the money you pay in tax is going to waste!

Last edited by Petem95; 07 November 2010 at 10:12 PM.
Old 07 November 2010, 10:18 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I suppose it's a contrast for some! Under Labour you'd be able to enjoy your tax-payer funded alcopop whilst in front of Jeremy Kyle in your rented house, paid for by the tax payer, whilst on benefits.

Not that you're going to fall into the trap of over generalising

btw why not declare your interest here, you are not opposed to Labour on a practical basis, you are ideologically opposed to them. They could do anything and you would adopt the counter position
Old 07 November 2010, 10:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin2005
btw why not declare your interest here, you are not opposed to Labour on a practical basis, you are ideologically opposed to them. They could do anything and you would adopt the counter position
Not that you aren't the exact opposite, martin.........
Old 07 November 2010, 10:42 PM
madscoob
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

tony blair hmmm come back for what ,,,, war crimes court would be a good start
followed by bellend of the last 20 years award. tony blair was nothing more than george bushs manpon
Old 07 November 2010, 10:47 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

With a VAT rise and the threat of redundacy, i wont be visiting any shops in the near future, B&Q included. Thats how bad it is, no-one dares spend any money. Its like a huge black cloud has been blown over the whole country.
What absolute cack , youll get a fiver off if you spend over a certian amount , i saw the advert! and more on thursdays with your pensioner card

Elecric cord could well be cheaper tho
Old 07 November 2010, 10:56 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Not that you aren't the exact opposite, martin.........
Well no obviously not.

I don't believe in ideological politics, left or right

Bloody hell if nothing else surely you would of been able to glean that much from my ramblings over the years
Old 07 November 2010, 11:02 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Not that you're going to fall into the trap of over generalising

To be honest I don't care what colour their badge or which party they are - what matters to me is their policies, and Labour have demonstrated dire economic management (selling huge amount of the UK's gold at low prices, bulding up astranomic national debt, employing thousands in public sector jobs which leave future tax payers with huge liabilities) and significant damage to the social fabric of the country (open-door mass immigrantion policy, more rights for criminals with taxpayer funded legal aid etc). For those reasons I'm anti-Labour, but am pleasantly surprised so far by the Con-Lib Dem alliance.
Old 07 November 2010, 11:03 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by madscoob
tony blair hmmm come back for what ,,,, war crimes court would be a good start
followed by bellend of the last 20 years award. tony blair was nothing more than george bushs manpon
War crimes? Don't be ridiculous, there are interior ministries in the 3rd world doing x1000 times worse thing to their people everyday.

The whole 'war crimes' / 'illegal war' crap is demagoguery from people with an agenda.
Old 07 November 2010, 11:09 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

To be honest I don't care what colour their badge or which party they are - what matters to me is their policies, and Labour have demonstrated dire economic management (selling huge amount of the UK's gold at low prices, bulding up astranomic national debt, employing thousands in public sector jobs which leave future tax payers with huge liabilities) and significant damage to the social fabric of the country (open-door mass immigrantion policy, more rights for criminals with taxpayer funded legal aid etc). For those reasons I'm anti-Labour, but am pleasantly surprised so far by the Con-Lib Dem alliance.

Well we have something to agree on then, because I too am a fully signed up supporter of the government. Cameron is Blairs biggest legacy achievement, by forcing DC to move Tories onto the centreground.

I like to know what you think might of been different had the Tories been in office over the past 13 years, my guess is very little. Probably less debt but worse public services
Old 07 November 2010, 11:16 PM
tony de wonderful
Scooby Regular

Well we have something to agree on then, because I too am a fully signed up supporter of the government. Cameron is Blairs biggest legacy achievement, by forcing DC to move Tories onto the centreground.

I like to know what you think might of been different had the Tories been in office over the past 13 years, my guess is very little. Probably less debt but worse public services
Yet what is New Labours achievement in the final analysis?

Debt?
Old 07 November 2010, 11:19 PM
rogos
Scooby Regular

the main reasons for our countries problems is because of the banks screwed the economy by swandering all the money to pay their fat cats silly sums of money so the books are definately being bent somewhere, and secondly why the **** do we have to pay brussels trillions of our hard earned so they can tell our goverment what to do and we were signed into that by new labour and we get no benefits from it at all what a waste. shows how smart they are doesnt it!! and it was under new labour that our country has fallen apart again just the same as the old labour, hopefully the conlibs can get us out of the crap, like maggie said after attaining power following labours failures last time: its going to be tough but it can be done... and she did it the cons got us out of debt but then new labour came along and gave everyone a cushy life but at a cost and that cost was very nearly our countries ruin but now we have the conlibs and labour have left them with no choice but to pick up the pieces, its just that labour have proper swewed us this time so whoever is in charge will have to punch us even harder in order to save our country from total demise yes it is going to hurt very hard but there is no other way out and there is always light at the end of the tunnel where has the british spirit gone we are reknowned for being good at copein with tough challenges so stop being drama queens and face the music, after all it was us that voted new labour in and it was them that crippled our country again.
Old 08 November 2010, 12:18 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All the defeatist stuff on the news is really self-fulfilling. Watching the same subject night after night presented by those almost machine like reporters just seems like we're turning into some kind of brainwashed nation full of sheep, just blindly thinking and doing the same things day in day out! It's pathetic. But maybe not as pathetic as still watching it every night while thinking this!! Lol
Old 08 November 2010, 12:58 AM
rogos
Scooby Regular

i dont bother with the news its just aload of scaremongering and lies the majority of the time and yet as mentioned it does truly seem that todays world is full of brainwashed people that will take anything you tell them as gospel but unfortunately its as though everyone has lost the instinct to see through lies.
Old 08 November 2010, 07:50 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by rogos
the main reasons for our countries problems is because of the banks screwed the economy by swandering all the money to pay their fat cats silly sums of money so the books are definately being bent somewhere, and secondly why the **** do we have to pay brussels trillions of our hard earned so they can tell our goverment what to do and we were signed into that by new labour and we get no benefits from it at all what a waste. shows how smart they are doesnt it!! and it was under new labour that our country has fallen apart again just the same as the old labour, hopefully the conlibs can get us out of the crap, like maggie said after attaining power following labours failures last time: its going to be tough but it can be done... and she did it the cons got us out of debt but then new labour came along and gave everyone a cushy life but at a cost and that cost was very nearly our countries ruin but now we have the conlibs and labour have left them with no choice but to pick up the pieces, its just that labour have proper swewed us this time so whoever is in charge will have to punch us even harder in order to save our country from total demise yes it is going to hurt very hard but there is no other way out and there is always light at the end of the tunnel where has the british spirit gone we are reknowned for being good at copein with tough challenges so stop being drama queens and face the music, after all it was us that voted new labour in and it was them that crippled our country again.

Originally Posted by rogos
i dont bother with the news its just aload of scaremongering and lies the majority of the time and yet as mentioned it does truly seem that todays world is full of brainwashed people that will take anything you tell them as gospel but unfortunately its as though everyone has lost the instinct to see through lies.

I hope this isn't lost on you
Old 08 November 2010, 09:19 AM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

^^^^
Old 08 November 2010, 10:11 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by SJ_Skyline
I hope this isn't lost on you
Not lost on me

Quick Reply: Tony Blair, come back please, the country needs you.