Unions - they just dont get it do they

Search this Thread

Old 13 September 2010, 12:15 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Unions - they just dont get it do they

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...on-leader.html

Ok it's not good news for anyone who might lose their job as a result of cut-backs, but do the Unions not understand there is simply no money to pay for all these jobs, benefits, pensions?!

Rather than just trying to get everyone to go on strike, how about they suggest how the government should tackle the issue of massive national debts, or is the whole concept just beyond the Union leaders?
Old 13 September 2010, 01:11 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Is Thatch still about - this is whats required lol.

It *could* all get rather nasty , but not as bad as over the channel

Theres no real difining reason for our problems or solution as far as i can see . Whats obvious is that public services are overmanned and the banks have to pay more tax
Old 13 September 2010, 01:12 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

The unions are wanting to take this country back to the bad old days of striking over anything and everything.

This is partly why Britain has little manufacturing left in this country.
Old 13 September 2010, 01:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When they see the bosses taking the pain ..... then, and only then, can we deny the Unions their right to fight back!

See:-

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post9598130
Old 13 September 2010, 01:23 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Be interesting to see how it pans out. They do seem to have a strange grasp of why cuts are required (or perhaps choose to ignore it) albeit you can understand why they might act with strikes as they do have power of numbers behind them. Most of us have to suck it up whilst they don't ...

TX.
Old 13 September 2010, 01:28 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by pslewis
When they see the bosses taking the pain ..... then, and only then, can we deny the Unions their right to fight back!

See:-

https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby...ml#post9598130

Damn right , i really dont know how manages on such a meagre ration

http://philtaylor.org.uk/wp-content/...9/Bob-Crow.jpg
Old 13 September 2010, 01:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Leaders should lead ........... that means taking a drop in living standards, just as they are telling their workers to do!!

Until that day happens we will not (rightly) get the Unions allowing their members to be shat upon .......
Old 13 September 2010, 01:32 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

This is just the usual nonesense; everyone knows that there has to be cuts, and everyone agrees that someone else should feel the effects
Old 13 September 2010, 01:40 PM
pwhittle
Scooby Regular

in local government, I haven't heard any rumblings. People accepted the pay freeze (though it's hardly any different to the previous 1%!). We're busy now working out how to keep the most services running with less money. Out budget has been cut by 5% every year we've been in existance (even though we actually save the public purse huge amounts - nobody looks that holistically).

I still think the public are believing the spin though - that cuts so far were 'wasteful government spending', and will get a shock next year.

I can't see wide-spread stiking myself. It's not as if we're French, striking because they want to reture at 60...
Old 13 September 2010, 01:53 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Leaders should lead ........... that means taking a drop in living standards, just as they are telling their workers to do!!

Until that day happens we will not (rightly) get the Unions allowing their members to be shat upon .......
your dam right.
Old 13 September 2010, 02:08 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

This the same lot of scumbags who scheduled the tube strike for the same day as the 70th anniversary of the Blitz thus meaning it would be very hard for people to get to St Pauls or elsewhere to take part?

What a brilliant idea that was. "Thanks for defending our civil liberties, as a reward we are going to make you prisoners in your homes for a day."

5t.
Old 13 September 2010, 02:19 PM
EddScott
Scooby Regular

Received 64 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by pwhittle
I still think the public are believing the spin though - that cuts so far were 'wasteful government spending', and will get a shock next year.
So is/will there more than just "bloat" being removed?
Old 13 September 2010, 04:27 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by EddScott
So is/will there more than just "bloat" being removed?
I'm surprised you need to ask that question. The answer is, of course, yes - just look at the recent announcement by Hampshire police.

Frontline services everywhere will be cut and it's the public who will suffer, not Cameron and his cronies. The government attacks on the public sector are ideological - the notion that "we are all in this together" is nonsense!
Old 13 September 2010, 04:28 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

So far under published plans, Gmnt spending will actually RISE over the next five years, just not as fast as was promisied by the other bunch of c!*%s
Old 13 September 2010, 04:32 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
Rather than just trying to get everyone to go on strike, how about they suggest how the government should tackle the issue of massive national debts, or is the whole concept just beyond the Union leaders?
Had you taken the time to research your subject, rather than just believe what you read in a Tory rag, you would know that they have indeed suggested a sensible alternative.
Old 13 September 2010, 04:55 PM
cster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
This is just the usual nonesense; everyone knows that there has to be cuts, and everyone agrees that someone else should feel the effects
Well that's about the truest thing I've read on here in a while.
Old 13 September 2010, 05:01 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Daryl
Had you taken the time to research your subject, rather than just believe what you read in a Tory rag, you would know that they have indeed suggested a sensible alternative.
Guessing you're employed in the public sector Daryl, based on the tone of your response?...

No escaping the facts though, and that is that the country cannot afford to support such a massive public sector with gold-plated tax-payer funded pensions.

Look at what this country 'makes' in terms of tax receipts etc, and look at what it 'spends'. The difference is HUGE, and that gap has been filled with massive borrowing when Labour were in power. IMO it's good that this government are actually tackling the issue, as carrying on the way we were would mean Greece-style bankruptsy and everyone would feel the pain.

What's worrying is that even with huge cuts, the government still has to borrow massive amounts to maintain services.

It's like someone who earns £20k a year, spending £30k a year and borrowing £10k extra each year as an interest only loan. It simply cannot go on like that (although the Unions seem to think otherwise )
Old 13 September 2010, 05:55 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Petem95
Guessing you're employed in the public sector Daryl, based on the tone of your response?...
And I'm guessing you're not, judging by the tone of your initial post!

Everything you've posted is based on a lie peddled by the government and their chums in the press.

What, for example, do you call a 'gold-plated' pension? Obviously, public sector pensions are paid for by tax payers; it's part of the cost of having decent public services. It's not like it's a new thing and it's not true to suggest that they are any more or less affordable than they have been in the past.

I could go on, but I would probably be banging my head against a brick wall. After all, Scoobynet is not renowned for its enlightened readership! I just wanted to add some balance, that's all.
Old 13 September 2010, 06:01 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

I LOVE coments about so-called "gold plated public sector pensions"

I wonder how many on here would moan if they had to pay what the public sector do in pension payments, no choice, and then have the pot nicked by successive governments.

I hate to say this, but this constant hate and smear campaign against the public sector smacks of the German's treatment of a certain set of people in the 30's. The country needs someone to hate, someone to focus it's hatred of cuts on, and the public sector is it

Last edited by alcazar; 13 September 2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 13 September 2010, 06:44 PM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL have to laugh at petem's comments about the gold plated pensions in the public sector, no doubt he has never worked in the public sector?
Petem, do you have a works pension plan by per chance? that probably gives you a far greater return than a public sector one, long gone are the days of half pensions, but then again if you see what your average public sector person gets, you may have a little rethink on your comment

Tony
Old 13 September 2010, 07:01 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Each month I pay the equivalent of half a weeks wages into my pension.

No one else pays it for me.

I don't get paid if I'm ill.
I don't get paid for my holiday time off.
I don't get paid PRB.

On the plus side - I can't get sacked

I think everyone should be self employed, including all the public sector.
Old 13 September 2010, 07:09 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Self Employed are generally full of it ....... bull, that is!

They slag off the employed when times are tough - then laugh at them in the good times while they are lapping up the money!!
Old 13 September 2010, 07:11 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

He iv got a idea lets get out of this ****e by simply taxing every banker in the city , every mp and every other chief executive 80 % of their income , why we'll be back on our feet in no time

Old 13 September 2010, 07:13 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

They slag off the employed when times are tough - then laugh at them in the good times while they are lapping up the money!!

What a load of cack you come up with , it sounds very much like youve never had the bottle to try it for yourself
Old 13 September 2010, 07:15 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Name the Bankers, those who take massive bonuses, those who steal from the poor .... give their addresses and see what a revolution feels like.

Armed with pitchforks and torches we will, brothers, defeat the evil that is the rich scum money grabbing barstewards!
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

I love threads like this.

People like petem95 would shoot themselves in the head if the Tories told them to.

The thing is the real answer to the current situation is to make any governement that undertakes it utterly unelectable hence why we get the wishy washy half baked schemes you are seeing suggested by both sides of the fence.

We're fooked!
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
What a load of cack you come up with , it sounds very much like youve never had the bottle to try it for yourself
Had the bottle .... never actually been daft enough ....
Old 13 September 2010, 07:27 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Not at all.
we're just in the real world.

I've been self employed through two recessions and am still going strong.

I never moaned, I just got on with it even when I had to cut my prices down to where I could have had the same money just going on the dole.

Suck it up, you leech.
Old 13 September 2010, 08:38 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Question

Originally Posted by Daryl
I'm geuninely interested in this, Daryl - I haven't read anything online or in the daily papers I read in and out of London (none of which are Tory, btw) about the unions suggesting anything. What's the alternative to all cutting our cloth to live within our means?

Gordo

Quick Reply: Unions - they just dont get it do they