Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Knife assult

Search this Thread

Old 16 January 2010, 10:47 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Knife assult

Be carefull if your in the kitchen preparing some food as if you wave the knife at the window you could be done for carrying a dangerous weapon

BBC News - Is it illegal for Myleene Klass to wave a knife at intruders?
Old 16 January 2010, 11:16 PM
Ian
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what a load of cr*p, if someone brok into my garden and was going through my shed, they would get more than a wave from a knife.

it is a sad place if you can not protect what is yours

Last edited by Ian; 16 January 2010 at 11:17 PM.
Old 17 January 2010, 12:06 AM
slipstream_uk
Scooby Regular

Just another day to this fecked up country.
The criminals have more rights than the victims, like I said a fecked up country
Old 17 January 2010, 12:33 AM
Proby521
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pathetic eh?
Old 17 January 2010, 04:02 AM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

You can't start threatening people with knives. She was in her house and they were outside so she can't go down the lines of self defence.

Also, if they did not run and just stayed in her garden whilst she waved the knife, what was her next move - go out and stab them
Old 17 January 2010, 06:50 AM
cster
Scooby Regular

All I can say is that she needs to get a publicity consultant with a little more imagination.
This has got to me one of the most pathetic celebrity puffs I have ever seen.
Old 17 January 2010, 07:48 AM
NotoriousREV
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Felix.
You can't start threatening people with knives. She was in her house and they were outside so she can't go down the lines of self defence.
By the same logic, it's hardly threatening with a knife if there's double-glazing and/or a brick wall between them, is it? You can't have it both ways.

Trending Topics

Old 17 January 2010, 08:13 AM
StrikE
Scooby Regular

She should of started singing......... they would have legged it faster
Old 17 January 2010, 09:42 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

The thing is she wasn't just in her house she was in her kitchen where you actually use sharp knives, she may of just had the knife in her hand at the time she waved them out the garden. Telling soeone your going to kill them is a serious offence and how many people say that
Old 17 January 2010, 09:44 AM
richs2891
Scooby Regular

Just shows how stupid the law makers and those that uphold the law, have become to have allowed this case to become anything more than "we will send a police unit around to have a look to see if they are still inthe garden"

Richard
Old 17 January 2010, 10:14 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Also, if they did not run and just stayed in her garden whilst she waved the knife, what was her next move - go out and stab them
Sounds fair enough in my book. They shouldn't be there and if the law was sensible they would forfeit their so called human rights the minute they arrived on someone else's property without their persmission.

If they have alrady had a knife waved at them and choose to hang aorund they can hardly say they weren't warned.

Let's face it if they got stabbed rather than let off by the judicial system (assuming the police would bother to turn up) they may not do it again and others may think twice too. About time a few of these people were taught a harsh lesson ratehr than being mollycoddled by the police and the CPS.
Old 17 January 2010, 10:32 AM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Cant believe the police even bothered with this one. She was only showing the kids that with a little hard work and being in the right place at the right time, they could afford such expensive kitchen knives as her.
Old 17 January 2010, 11:29 AM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Did anyone read the full story or just the headline?

It clearly states that she did NOT commit an offense, the Police did NOT warn her and she is perfectly entitled to wave the damn' knife while in her own private dwelling.
Old 17 January 2010, 11:52 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I was amazed when I read about the way the police treated that woman for trying to frighten off troublemakers in her garden.

I cannot believe your response Felix. Your displayed attitude is a powerful indication of how our police forces have deteriorated into a weak minded PC organisation which is primarily concerned with the so called human rights of those who commit offences against innocent people. What happened to your original attitude as in previous times of protecting the public? In those days we all felt you could trust a copper! We pay your wages through our taxes and we quite reasonably expect that you will do your primary job of supporting and protecting us.

If you get hooligans breaking in and causing trouble and fear as in this case, why on earth are you winding yourselves up to warn a woman over trying to defend herself and her family in the only way she could at the time? How on earth do you aspire to that kind of thinking for God's sake? What has happened to what used to be known as good old common sense?

Its about time you all stepped back and had a good look at yourselves and your procedures. Do you really think you are going to improve relations with the general public with that kind of behaviour and how do you think your attempts at policing will go without the cooperation of the public?

I very much regret being forced to make a post like this, but it needed to be said!

Les
Old 17 January 2010, 12:03 PM
scoobyvirgin
Scooby Regular

I agree with Les, what an idiotic post from a copper.
Old 17 January 2010, 12:16 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Idiotic? Yes.
Expected? Absolutley!

The police are now simply bullies, enforcers and auxilliary tax-gatherers for whichever government is paying them.

They KNOW the majority of the public now dislike them and do not support them, but instead of doing something about it, whine, "We are only obeying orders". THAT cut no ice in 1945, and cuts less now.

Police: you KNOW they way you are used is wrong. Stand up for yourselves, stop taking the money and simply looking the other way
Old 17 January 2010, 12:22 PM
Myles
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
Idiotic? Yes.
Expected? Absolutley!

The police are now simply bullies, enforcers and auxilliary tax-gatherers for whichever government is paying them.

They KNOW the majority of the public now dislike them and do not support them, but instead of doing something about it, whine, "We are only obeying orders". THAT cut no ice in 1945, and cuts less now.

Police: you KNOW they way you are used is wrong. Stand up for yourselves, stop taking the money and simply looking the other way
I agree with the sentiment, but the reality is a little more uncomfortable for these people. It is their job after all. I would imagine that 90% of us do things in our job that we know is ethically wrong, a health and safety shortcut, etc. but if we all stood up to the boss, the dole queue would be a lot longer.
Old 17 January 2010, 12:25 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

felix is a copper? that figures, a typical modern copper, everyone is a criminal, even the victims. it's a fkin embarrassment, no wonder there is so little respect for the police.
Old 17 January 2010, 12:30 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Kieran_Burns
Did anyone read the full story or just the headline?

It clearly states that she did NOT commit an offense, the Police did NOT warn her and she is perfectly entitled to wave the damn' knife while in her own private dwelling.
Probably a spontaneous off the record comment a copper made therefore not recorded. I've had a few corkers aimed in my direction over the years

One being from a WPC "If you drive a fancy car at night, expect us to stop you". She was talking about a plain Rover 216SLi, whilst I had an Impreza at home.
Same night but male officer (whilst noting engine size on paperwork): 1.6? I bet that's a bit nippy? (not in jest either) Me: Erm, no, not really (refers to Impreza parked at home).

Another night: "you know its an offence to drink excess alcohol and drive?" (after blowing a zero on the breath tester). Yeah I know, that is why I haven't drunk any alcohol tonight.

Female officer arriving after our house was broken in and commenting on the perimeter warning alarm (basically, anyone who sets foot on the drive or garden triggers it): "That's rather useless, isn't it?". Actually, it previously thwarted two attempted vehicle thefts, as it alerted us to someone messing about on the drive. (also someone's grandma, who'd escaped from the OAP home up the road, and probably would have died from hypothermia had she not wondered onto our drive).

Crime prevention officer commenting on our security shutters on the patio: "Oh, I wouldn't have had them fitted, it stops you getting out". Bearing in mind, these were recommended in police crime prevention leaflets, and they open fully.

Silly, things like that are said like any other human, without any malicious intent, just being a police officer makes people think what they say has an underlying motive.

And I can quite easily see why someone would innocently say; "its not a good idea to wave a knife at intruders".

Last edited by ALi-B; 17 January 2010 at 12:50 PM.
Old 17 January 2010, 12:34 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

This whole story has been blown out of all proportion. At the end of the day, she was not attacked, her house not entred. Police arrived, searched the garden and area and found no one. She was then told not to waft knives around at people. She was not arrested, reported or anything. No mention of it appered on the incident by the looks.

But....

You can't have a society where it is right to threaten people with knife. If I don't like the look of someone on my drive, can I do the same. And if a knife is used on someone, who is going to say if it was justified? The victim will say "i felt threatened - so i stabbed him". Will everyone on here be happy if the person stabbed was an innocent person calling to deliver a letter at noon time and looked through the window, didn't see anyone in the house, but then was confronted by a 6 inch kitchen entering his body.

How many people have been victims of knife crime lately - will you be happy if the offender simply used the excuse "Well I felt threatened" and got of with it.
Old 17 January 2010, 01:32 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Felix,

You are going round in circles trying to justify the modern retrograde police attitude towards the law abiding section of the public. Time for a totally different style of thinking!

Les
Old 17 January 2010, 01:40 PM
mrtheedge2u2
Scooby Regular

Received 31 Likes on 25 Posts

Great post, Felix.

Did the police seriously expect the ******* to hang around waiting for them to turn up?

And, yes, if some thieving ***** are in my garden then they have entered my private space illegally and have to be fully prepared for any consequences that arise from that....

Even for a copper your post is dumb
Old 17 January 2010, 02:05 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

OK then, so if their intention turned out to be totally innocent and they were attacked - who would be in the wrong - and who would be in the dock if they died..?

It wasn't long ago when a police programme showed a female bobby taking alcohol from a group of kids in an ASBO area - and there was an outcry on here about how the police can not do this as they were "innocent until proven guilty". Yet now it seems ok to wave knives and threaten people with death regardless of their intentions.

Again, we all don't police the same - if that was me, i would not have mentioned anything to her about using the knife "selective deafness" always comes in usefull - but technically the advice she was given was right.
Old 17 January 2010, 02:25 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

OK then, so if their intention turned out to be totally innocent and they were attacked - who would be in the wrong - and who would be in the dock if they died..?
FFS, do you have any common sense at all?????

If you walked out with a knife (or a pointed stick or a pomegranate) and they were, as you described, innocent then they would almost certainly run away or start blubbering and saying "sorry mista".

mrtheedge2u2 didn't say that he would run out and stab all of them!!! He said that they would "have to be fully prepared for any consequences".

If they said that their fwuffy-wuffy bunny wabbit has escaped and they thought that it was in his garden - i am sure that he would have helped out (after assessing the situation).

Sure, if he trapped them and then sliced their tendons so that they couldn't escape and gagged them so they couldn't cry for help then left them to slowly die over several days he would hopefully be prosecuted - but something tells me he wouldn't!

mb
Old 17 January 2010, 02:59 PM
scooby seb
Scooby Regular

the law is just a joke, police are only interested in catching motorists, 3-4 years ago my friend was stabbed by his step son with a 7inch knife all because he was stopping him going out to stab a friend over a pair of sunglasses, luckily for my friend he missed all his vital organs but it was still touch and go, he chose not to prosicute to keep peace in the family, i'm not to clued up on the law but he was still charged for it and went to court. he got let off with nothing atall apart from the judge saying "if i see you in this court again you will not be let off lightly"???
now i thought you can't be charged for the same crime twice???
my point is tho that at the time this was happening i had been up in court for speeding,i'm not proud of this but i was doing excess off 100mph on an empty duel carrigeway not affecting anyone and i got a 2 month ban and £200 fine now tell me how i got a much worse punishment for speeding than some one who stabbed someone????

i'm not saying my punishment was heavy as i was releived at what i got but which crime was worse???
Old 17 January 2010, 03:21 PM
clark822
Scooby Regular

afraid the law is turning into a joke what gives them the right to get paid circa £20k for little or no no risk other than looking a tw@t,yet soliders get maimed or killed for a lot less and without the bs attitudes - dont even start me on pcso's impersenating a police officer is a crime yet these get paid
I guess all aint bad got a couple of mates who are plod and they cant believe the state there in
Old 17 January 2010, 04:12 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

But boomer, the public do not all have the same reasoning as you, hence a person could quite happily sab someone who was looking for his fluffy rabbit, and then just claim he wasn't - and at the end of the day he was in his garden so got what he deserved.

A few months ago i went to a job where two lads got dropped off by a taxi at a house. They had been invited to a party but got dropped off at the wrong house. Time was a liitle after midnight and having knocked on the door, were met by a large bloke in a bad mood who didn't believe them and punched one lad square in the face.

The lad and parents were outraged and wanted the bloke prosecuting. The bloke had been a victim of ongoing anti social behaviour such as this and decided to take things into his own hands.

So who was in the wrong there then and how would you expect the police to deal?
Old 17 January 2010, 04:15 PM
Felix.
Scooby Regular

Scooby - your mate would have been let off as the victim did not want to prosecute - no prosecution evidence offered. The judge made the comment that if he is ever in court again.

And what did you expect from driving over 100mph..Shock horror the police uphold the law

Last edited by Felix.; 17 January 2010 at 04:22 PM.

Quick Reply: Knife assult