Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ghosts

Search this Thread

Old 06 January 2010, 10:18 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ghosts

Do you believe in them? Yes/No? Why/Why not?
Old 06 January 2010, 10:22 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink

*presses ignore button*
Old 06 January 2010, 10:26 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Nah, when you're gone you're gone. Wouldn't catch me spending the night in a deserted mental hospital or owt though

TX.
Old 06 January 2010, 10:31 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Terminator X
Nah, when you're gone you're gone. Wouldn't catch me spending the night in a deserted mental hospital or owt though

TX.
oooh i like it! Similar but not quite to what me and a friend were recently talking about doing
Old 06 January 2010, 11:46 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Ghosts? load of tosh ,but I wouldn't spend the night in Chislehurst Caves

chislehurstcaves.co.uk
Old 06 January 2010, 11:48 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

jamz? didnt you have some weird stuff going on in the office a while back?
Old 07 January 2010, 12:38 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

I don't believe in ghosts at all. My wife thinks that there is some resonance of souls hanging around that comes from energy that gets stored in the surrounding objects during a person's death.

Steve
Old 07 January 2010, 01:09 AM
shamone
Scooby Regular

i believe in ghosts, dragons, vampires AND flying spaghetti monsters....

have you not seen "most haunted"

they have proved (without doubt) the existence of ghosts on many occasions
Old 07 January 2010, 01:24 AM
Mus
Scooby Regular

Little johnys father asked him" do you know about the birds and the bees?" I don't want to know! Little johnny said, bursting in totears. Confused father askedlittle johnny what's wrong son "oh dad" little johnny sobbed, "at age6 I got there's no Santa at age 7 I got there's no Easter bunny speech then at age 8 you hit me with the "there's no tooth fairy speech! If you tell me now that grown ups don't really fukc, I've got nothing to live for! Lol

Sorry couldn't help it lol
Old 07 January 2010, 01:25 AM
scoobymad555
Scooby Regular

Only believe in what I see but I don't discount what I've yet to see
Old 07 January 2010, 01:30 AM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

I have always believed there is more to be feared from encounters with the living than with the deceased!!!

I didn't believe in ghosts until I stayed in a B & B in Wales back in 1995. I think it was in Hay-on-Wye. On arrival I asked to use the bathroom, on returning to the reception from the bathroom I met a young girl about 8 years old just as I approached the stairs, she was wearing an unusual long dress - the sort of thing a child would wear to a wedding. I politely said hello, the girl stared but did not answer, and walked right past me.

On meeting with the proprieter I told him I had met his daughter upstairs and commented on how she was dressed. He told me it wasn't his daughter as she was 20 and was at University in London. He told me there were no other guests staying in the B & B, so I described the girl to him. He took me outside and told me to look at his house and the one next to it - he told me the two buildings were once joined, and it formed a small castle. The couple who lived in the castle (I cant recall the date) had a daughter, she died in an accident in the house. Her mother blamed the father for her death, this eventually tore them apart. Neither wanted to leave the castle, nor did they want to live together. They broke the castle into two parts and he lived in one end she moved to the other.

This apparition of the child had been seen on occasions in the half of the castle where we stayed. Make of it what you will - there was nothing "ghost like" about her, nothing sinister, nothing frightening, just a strangely vacant stare.

Single one off encounter and knew nothing of the story before my stay.
Old 07 January 2010, 01:38 AM
Alg
Scooby Regular

Ghosts??
Is that who Derek Acorah "talks" to?

No I don't believe in ghosts. Until I'm shown proof I won't believe in them.

That doesn't mean I want a "visit" in the middle of the night. I'd rather stay ignorant of them thanks.

Last edited by Alg; 07 January 2010 at 01:48 AM.
Old 07 January 2010, 07:50 AM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay m A
Ghosts? load of tosh ,but I wouldn't spend the night in Chislehurst Caves

chislehurstcaves.co.uk

TX.

I would .. that would be great !

Originally Posted by boxst
I don't believe in ghosts at all. My wife thinks that there is some resonance of souls hanging around that comes from energy that gets stored in the surrounding objects during a person's death.

Steve
Hey she stole my thoughts !!
Old 07 January 2010, 01:19 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I would not say yes or no. Have seen the odd thing happen though.

Les
Old 07 January 2010, 01:22 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Those are some mean parents!

TX.

Originally Posted by mus 1st class sti type r
... at age6 I got there's no Santa ...
Old 07 January 2010, 01:23 PM
Terminator X
Owner of SNet

Wise words, surely not yours though

TX.

Originally Posted by scoobymad555
Only believe in what I see but I don't discount what I've yet to see
Old 07 January 2010, 02:52 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

TX.
Been there, done that..........not a full night, but it WAS dark. Spooky? Yes
Spooks? Nope
Old 07 January 2010, 03:16 PM
Kieran_Burns
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I've heard too many credible stories from people I trust to discount 'Ghosts' out of hand, so I remain open minded, but I would like to see for myself as it were.

Preferably with a spare pair of undercrackers, just in case....
Old 07 January 2010, 03:20 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by tarmac terror
I have always believed there is more to be feared from encounters with the living than with the deceased!!!

I didn't believe in ghosts until I stayed in a B & B in Wales back in 1995. I think it was in Hay-on-Wye. On arrival I asked to use the bathroom, on returning to the reception from the bathroom I met a young girl about 8 years old just as I approached the stairs, she was wearing an unusual long dress - the sort of thing a child would wear to a wedding. I politely said hello, the girl stared but did not answer, and walked right past me.

On meeting with the proprieter I told him I had met his daughter upstairs and commented on how she was dressed. He told me it wasn't his daughter as she was 20 and was at University in London. He told me there were no other guests staying in the B & B, so I described the girl to him. He took me outside and told me to look at his house and the one next to it - he told me the two buildings were once joined, and it formed a small castle. The couple who lived in the castle (I cant recall the date) had a daughter, she died in an accident in the house. Her mother blamed the father for her death, this eventually tore them apart. Neither wanted to leave the castle, nor did they want to live together. They broke the castle into two parts and he lived in one end she moved to the other.

This apparition of the child had been seen on occasions in the half of the castle where we stayed. Make of it what you will - there was nothing "ghost like" about her, nothing sinister, nothing frightening, just a strangely vacant stare.

Single one off encounter and knew nothing of the story before my stay.
She probably escapes from his dungeon now and again. Sounds like a perfect way of preventing un-knowing guests from thinking there's anything suspicious going on

Terminator X - I wish you'd change that avatar. Its freaking me out
Old 07 January 2010, 03:43 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Going on a ghost walk next month so if I stop posting you know the buggers have got me!

My only near ghost experience was seeing a Knight in full regalia on a misty night on the A6 outside a pub. It could have been a statue or a reveler but it looked 'strange' it wasn't there the next day and I still kick myself for not stopping.
Old 07 January 2010, 03:49 PM
sti-04!!
Scooby Senior

I can honestly say that i dont know. Although years ago my dad bought a farm, a few days after we moved in the old guy who owned the farmed died. My sisters shared a bedroom & it was downstairs, one night we all heard them scream & they were pointing at the window saying that someone was pearing in .... both me & my dad checked the house, the outbuildings & the grounds & found nothing. Strangley the lights hadnt tripped either as there was a delay of sorts. So we got the description of the guy & it was the old guy that had owned the place before us ...
Also the old guy used to help my uncle who kept greyhounds at the farm & used to get up at 6am to go sort them out .... well my mum never got up till 7am & set all the heating to suit her ie turn on at 6.45am, numerous occasions its kept on resetting to 5.45am.
Dad used to go down to the golf course a good half hour walk from the house for a few pints on a friday night & Mum used to get woke up at times with a weight on the bed as if someone was taking there shoes off ..... mum used to shout at dad & then go to sleep as she had spent fortunes on the carpets & didnt want them ruined with mucky shoes ..... she eventually told my dad to stop wearing his shoes in the bedroom & that when he was coming in from the pub to at least take them off in the hall. Dad denied all knowledge ... a while later the same happened & my mum turned around to say something to my dad & wait for it ............ no-one was there but the weight was still on the bed.
A few months later the place got sold & they bought a new build Mum still to this day still says it scares her s***eless

Last edited by sti-04!!; 07 January 2010 at 03:50 PM.
Old 07 January 2010, 03:54 PM
scubbay
Scooby Regular

Ghosts no.
Banshee though is a different story
Old 07 January 2010, 03:54 PM
fivetide
Scooby Regular

We actually did one of these investigations and it was brilliant. We had a client who'd experinced a few dodgy things and reported spooks so we took a ghost bloke along without telling him where he was going (it was about a 50 mile trip so no way he had any insight).

He walked round and described what he could see while a journalist took notes. Afterwards she interviewed staff and customers to see if what he'd claimed was there matched up with what they knew... he was bang on the money, even down to a small dog with a broken/damaged tail. The manager's grandad used to own the place and he'd had a little dog which had got its tail caught in a door as a pup, she was totally freaked out because it wasn't information you could find out anywhere.

He also saw a WWI soldier and few other spooks about the place, all confirmed by other witnesses.

Real food for thought.

5t.
Old 07 January 2010, 07:23 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

I am not against ghosts or something, but I won't believe in them until I see one, or experience it TBH. But then again, just because I and the likes haven't experienced their hovering, it doesn't mean that they doesn't exist, does it ??? However, I often want to believe that ghosts do exist. This process sends a sensation through my spine....... taking me back to my cheerful childhood- the period when my free mind could casually wander into the ghostpads and fairylands for a bit of fun; sometimes sweet, sometimes sour. Now, as an adult, I have replaced it with the internet.

By the way, that "Hauted" something programme is an utter pile of "hardly scary" shoite. Saying that, I'd **** myself if I went on one of them investigations like they do. Its only beacuse I would be forcing my "chicken" self to ****.

Anyway, I wouldn't put my money on the belief that ghosts definitely exist.
Old 07 January 2010, 08:02 PM
gallois
Scooby Regular

i used to rehearse in a rundown old pub in s wales, the croes bychan, and the room we rehearsed in had a small bar opposite the main bar, and there used to be an old gent who sat in there daily and would knock on the bar to attract the landlords attention, and after he died, the landlord said he still heared 3 knocks on the bar, at first he was freaked out, but got used it after a while....many years later after the pub had been sold and converted into a house i visited it to carry out some work whilst one of the builders were there carrying out the conversion, i told the builder about the old gent and the knocks and he went white, and quickly rushed outside and refused to go back in on his own, apparently he kept hearing the knocking and assumed there was someone p1ssing around knocking the door. kinda creeped me out too as we always thought the place felt a bit eerie but thought the landlord picked up on this and was winding us up.....

ghosts though? i don't know, someone once told me that time is constant, but people are not, they are like floating soap bubbles, everyones 'soul' grows inside the bubble, everyones memory is inside the bubble, bubbles meet when people meet, in the same space in time, people die when their soul leaves the bubble and their bubble is supposed to burst, but some bubbles have never burst, and contain only memories of the soul that was, they get stuck in a place in time and no longer drift but someone elses bubble will drift closely by and see their memories..............fkin nutter.
Old 07 January 2010, 08:06 PM
WRX_Dazza
Scooby Regular

Location: Going further than the station and back !!! ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

never seen any ghosts, but have had some scary (younger day's) Ouija Board encounters.
including a glass breaking on the board itself and waking up finding a wine glass in an open fireplace smashed (and i was the only one sleeping in the room!!).

so i learned not to pish about with that i didn't understand (hence why the scooby bonnet has stayed shut for 3 years !!!)
Old 07 January 2010, 08:12 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

The Human imagination is a powerful thing. People like Alfred Itchycock played on it(the imagination that is). One too many Carry on films for me i think. As a kid i was scared of alleyways at night after watching a film called An American Werewolf in London. Never quite looked at the underground the same way again. Lycanophbia? Having said that Lycans don't exist, so is it irrational or not? you have to believe i them first i suppose. Oooh, is it a full moon tonight? ****!
Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia, Santa Lucia. (filling pants).

Last edited by Quasi Modo; 07 January 2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 07 January 2010, 08:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by gallois
i used to rehearse in a rundown old pub in s wales, the croes bychan.........
We have famous Denbigh Moors in North Wales. Apparently It is hauted all over. Someone I know told me that she and her partner once saw a pool table operating by itself in a pub there! Apparently, the ***** on the table were being pushed by the cue (is that what you call that big stick? ) held by an invisible person. Jesus! That has freaked me right out! I get goose pimples now, whenevr I drive through there. I also never wish to break down there, for being captured by a ghost with a snooker stick!
Old 07 January 2010, 08:21 PM
chris270181
Scooby Regular

I dont believe in ghosts and ive pretty much witnessed everything bar seeing one

We had an haunting last year. Daughter used to speak to someone. An old man once she told us this.. draws began randomly opening things moving light dimming and brightening. My partner said she was in bed one morning watching tele and suddenly the top bedside draw was open. Sh asked our daughter if she opened it and she replied no it was that mister again. Also by this point my missus was that scared she had started taking our overly keen gsd to bed with her who doesnt miss a trick. I asked what the dog did.. She replied nothing just glared at the draw.. Didnt look happy she said.. I said she was probably pissed that she missed the spook.

Any way we ended up having the house blessed and now neighbours are complainig of similar going ons. Personally i find it hard to swallow but everything above is all true

perhaps i need to actually see one to belive it. But then again i dont actually like the thought of seeing real ghost
Old 07 January 2010, 08:26 PM
Quasi Modo
Scooby Regular

You still believe in Father christmas though eh?

Quick Reply: Ghosts