Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Copenhagen..the freak show is underway

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2009, 02:16 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Copenhagen..the freak show is underway

Don't you just love to see our leaders bowing to dubious but vote winning science.
Do you think any 'deals' struck at Copenhagen will change our climate?
Old 07 December 2009, 02:36 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, because it's all Bollox.
Old 07 December 2009, 02:42 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Love how the BBC are reporting it as a desperate last stand to save the planet. 'Action needs to be taken before it's too late!'.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, panic!!!...

... what's going to happen exactly?
Old 07 December 2009, 02:44 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GlesgaKiss
Love how the BBC are reporting it as a desperate last stand to save the planet. 'Action needs to be taken before it's too late!'.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, panic!!!...

... what's going to happen exactly?
I take it you haven't seen the film 2012 then?

Were Doomed, Doomed I tell you.
Old 07 December 2009, 03:54 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

All the world leaders will shoot the breeze & decide to implement carbon caps and trading. Then just about every country who's signed up to it will continually fiddle the figures to show that their carbon output is decreasing in order to comply with the agreement all the while taking back-handers from industry. Savvy traders will make a fortune from buying and selling 'carbon credits', which will turn out to be the next decade's credit default swaps. Then in 60 years time scientists will discover that carbon output isn't going down and we're all screwed anyway. Rinse / repeat ..
Old 07 December 2009, 09:32 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

No doubt all the delegates and their entourage will be chauffeured around in a nice spanking new BMW 760iL between the conference and their penthouse hotel suite. Never mind the fact that they flew from all over the world to Denmark in private/chartered airlines. What sort of message is that sending out to everyone when the CO2 emitted could have been reduced via a video conference. For example, I quote

"In a conference lasting just 11 days, Australia's delegation for the climate change gabfest will produce emissions equivalent to nearly 30 years' output for the average Australian home."

Ah, you might say they've offset the emissions. What a crock of ****. Offsetting is a joke, planting a few trees which takes years to absorb the equivilent CO2, plus if you can plant the trees anyway, why not just do it with out using it to justify travel.

Last edited by jonc; 07 December 2009 at 09:41 PM.
Old 07 December 2009, 09:39 PM
boomer
Scooby Senior

Nicholas Stern (who does not have the slightest degree in climatology, but did swot a lot in economics and maths and economics and, er, economics) said: "that if countries did not manage to reach agreement, world temperatures could rise by five degrees Celsius (nine degrees Fahrenheit) by the end of the century, making much of the world uninhabitable."

Calling him a ****** would be on the polite end of the scale

mb
Old 07 December 2009, 10:13 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

Bet none of them dare mention population control - which is the real issue we're all facing. But that wouldn't win any votes.
Old 07 December 2009, 10:56 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Im loving the whole bull$hit arena.

What a waste of money and load of crap.
I would love to know the financial cost, and enviromental impact of them all going there.
Old 07 December 2009, 11:12 PM
ScoobyWon't
Scooby Regular

At the current rate of global warming/climate change etc, when will the world end?

<selfish>
Will it be within the next 70 years? I doubt I'll be around in 70 years anyway, so what have I got to lose?
</selfish>
Old 08 December 2009, 10:35 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Can't help myself this morning. Go see the opening film for the Freak Show ... YouTube - Please help the world - COP15 opening film

From about 3.45 in is the best bit.

Dave
Stunning! I am lost for words...that's child abuse IMO.

Anyway, the African child crying at the start. Isn't she an image from LiveAid in the 80's?
Old 08 December 2009, 11:04 AM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

Can't help myself this morning. Go see the opening film for the Freak Show ... YouTube - Please help the world - COP15 opening film

Dave
And I will confirm that the African baby crying in the opening story the girl is watching on TV is from media footage from the Ethiopian famine in the 1980's.

Shocking!
Old 08 December 2009, 11:11 AM
MJW
Scooby Senior

Front page of the Independent makes for quite interesting reading, and quite novel they haven't put their usual pro-AGW spin on it ..
Old 08 December 2009, 11:27 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
Bet none of them dare mention population control - which is the real issue we're all facing. But that wouldn't win any votes.
When I mentioned this not too long ago, an imbecilic moderator gave me an infraction, called me 'xenophobic'; and then demonstrated that he didnt actually know what the word meant (still: not as bad as the idiot who had a hissy fit when I pointed out his poor behaviour in a PM, abused the infraction system and broke the banning rules in his fit of pique - what a tool. ).

Something has to go: either its much of the third world or all of the sheep and cows...
Old 08 December 2009, 12:27 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Something has to go: either its much of the third world or all of the sheep and cows...
I vote for the former to go as I quite like lamb and beef

** It was a joke, all right. For the Mods and PC brigade - I would never harm the wool on a lambs back**
Old 08 December 2009, 12:53 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Gordo
NAIL-HEAD-HIT.

All these 3rd world countries demanding tax credits from the 1st world, TRY REDUCING YOUR BIRTH RATES!!

And to everyone else, 1 child per family, until the worlds population drops below 5 billion.

According to the Telegraph, 140 private jets and 1,200 limo's are there for this.

You couldn't make it up.

Last edited by FlightMan; 08 December 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old 08 December 2009, 12:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Can we start with 'nulabia' sheep ?
Old 08 December 2009, 02:34 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

How long are we going to keep on putting up with this crap? Something has to be done.

The politicians proved that we couldn't trust them after the whole 'expenses' saga. Why the hell should we believe them now?
Old 08 December 2009, 04:25 PM
greenonedave
Scooby Regular

The opening speech went along the lines of ' I wish you all a warm welcome' .
Old 08 December 2009, 04:39 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
NAIL-HEAD-HIT.

All these 3rd world countries demanding tax credits from the 1st world, TRY REDUCING YOUR BIRTH RATES!!

And to everyone else, 1 child per family, until the worlds population drops below 5 billion.

According to the Telegraph, 140 private jets and 1,200 limo's are there for this.

You couldn't make it up.

All well said.
I would love to know the total carbon footprint of the event. Inc travel, hotel rooms, lighting, heating, catering and so on.

I seriously cannot believe that these people expect to be taken seriously, flying there, to discuss how to CUT harmful gases

Just that one thing alone goes to show how much of a farce the whole thing is.
Old 08 December 2009, 05:42 PM
GlesgaKiss
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dave
Tell me this is a dream(nightmare), that bullsh*t cannot be real? What a bunch of nutters!

Honestly can't believe that film. So ridiculous it's beyond belief.
Old 08 December 2009, 05:42 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Most of them flew there.........................
Old 08 December 2009, 05:43 PM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Snazy

All well said.
I would love to know the total carbon footprint of the event. Inc travel, hotel rooms, lighting, heating, catering and so on.

I seriously cannot believe that these people expect to be taken seriously, flying there, to discuss how to CUT harmful gases

Just that one thing alone goes to show how much of a farce the whole thing is.
It was said in one paper that they would put out as much CO2 as a medium size African country does in a year........
Old 08 December 2009, 06:16 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by r32
It was said in one paper that they would put out as much CO2 as a medium size African country does in a year........
I cant decide if thats hilarious, or just makes me angry. What does it say for what these "leaders" think of the people they lead. Are we all really that dumb in their eyes, that they dont think we will put 2 and 2 together and realise its all just a pile of crap.

Now to relax and not let it get the better of me.

Cant wait to see what great ideas (taxes) they decide on.
Old 09 December 2009, 12:49 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

It is not even worth following the conference because they will all say what is presently in fashion, be in denial over the leaked emails etc., cost us all a lot of money for their expensive meals and accommodation, and finger us all for as much cash as possible!

Les
Old 09 December 2009, 12:55 PM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

Well said Les !

Like I have said in the other thread.
Taxing people is not going to help with climate change in any drastic way at all.
And the fact there is a huge bunch of scientists that are being ignored because they DONT use fashionable words, is quite a worry, and good proof that its all a stage show.

Im still curious to know why some form of video conferencing was NOT an option for this. Yes there are a lot of people, but most are not participating, just watching. Just like im watching the house of commons on my tv now.

Again if they were serious, there is no way they would all have created huge emissions to go and discuss the issue of emissions.
Old 09 December 2009, 01:16 PM
coolangatta
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
It is not even worth following the conference because they will all say what is presently in fashion, be in denial over the leaked emails etc., cost us all a lot of money for their expensive meals and accommodation, and finger us all for as much cash as possible!

Les
Spot on Les,
It's why I called it a freak show.
The whole concept is hideous and bloated. The organisers don't see the irony of it
Obama attending makes me believe we all have bad times ahead. Not bad weather/climate especially

Quick Reply: Copenhagen..the freak show is underway