Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

heads up for tonight. benefit busters.

Search this Thread

Old 20 August 2009, 05:17 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heads up for tonight. benefit busters.

Should prove to be good but depressing tv for us working types.

Benefit Busters - Channel 4
Old 20 August 2009, 05:54 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I have a feeling I am going to get really worked up when I see this. I foresee two areas that will get my goat. One, the lazy good for nothings that could do something but chose not to, and get away with it. Secondly, the people who actually need some help, but yet some jobsworth idiot giving them grief when what they actually need is some assistance.

Having some experience of the benefits system in this country I can assure you that the people who need the assistance are rarely the ones that actually get it. Too many ppl working the system get away with it
Old 20 August 2009, 08:12 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

I'm gonna watch it too actually, having been on both sides myself. Compared to others I got bugger all when unemployed, regardless of what some think on here

I think having kids and being a single parent makes it a lot easier, but it certainly wasn't easy for me and my Mrs to get any sort of help/financial assistance through our difficulties. Will watch with antripidation (and a note pad for future tips)
Old 20 August 2009, 08:31 PM
zeuss
Scooby Regular

just set reminder for this as im unemployed but not claiming a single penny from the govt as ive been told not allowed a penny as just finished uni and my husband works
Old 20 August 2009, 09:09 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice 50 inch tv
Old 20 August 2009, 09:13 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Nice 50 inch tv
Yup, massive TV, and massive £75k credit card debt. A debt that she will never be able to pay off, so will end up going bankrupt. Oh the mess ppl get themselves into
Old 20 August 2009, 09:19 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
Absolute scum she was - these ***** are partly the reason why credit is now at a premium as that is £75k in one go having to be written off by the muppet banks who gave her that much credit in the first place. Take all her belongings and sell them to payoff someof the credit starting with that sodding telly.
Well, I am sure they will take her stuff to pay off part of the debt. However, before that happens they will milk her for as much interest as possible That to be honest is why they lend so much money to people like that. They make sure that they trap them into debt that is so hard to pay off it will take years of really high interest before they get out the trap, which is of course their profit.
Old 20 August 2009, 09:20 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm eager to watch this as my experience with Jobs and Benefits was dreadful. They were happy for me to sign on but were not willing to help me get a job, infact one day I asked them to have a look at my CV and tell me what they thought but they refused as no one was qualified to do it.
Old 20 August 2009, 09:21 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

all taxis finish at 1pm?

any excuse not to work!!!!
Old 20 August 2009, 09:25 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Well of course I need the top Virgin TV package, I aint cancelling that!!!

for ****s sake! no tvs for people on benifits!
Old 20 August 2009, 09:25 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Lending £75k to someone who does not work is just ludicrous all so bankers could meet their targets and get their million+ bonuses
Old 20 August 2009, 09:33 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Just started watching, what's the crack with the woman with black hair saying to stop filming and getting invited to a coffee morning?
Old 20 August 2009, 09:37 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Soon!
Well of course I need the top Virgin TV package, I aint cancelling that!!!

for ****s sake! no tvs for people on benifits!
I couldn't believe the fat ******* bitch when she said that. I hate to stereotype but you could tell she had no passion to wanna find work, or even take that cheesy DJ weekend job

When I got into trouble, the first thing i did was get to the CAB and get decent advice 9which I'm still under now), sell the Scoob to support myself for a bit, and knock things like TV/internet/phone right down (well freeview now anywho).

What ***** me off is how some folk (not just on here but in the real world too) treat me with the same contempt as scum like her for claiming a little dole (6 months worth) and I was personally trying everything to cut down on expendiature if I couldn't find work.

Bugger it, I've got 2 jobs now so I'm out the rut!

Rant over
Old 20 August 2009, 09:39 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

i treat you with complete and utter contempt COB!
Old 20 August 2009, 09:42 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Look at the scum hanging outside the jobcentre, it amazes me how they can get away drinking outside the job centre.
Our job centre has 2 chuffing great security guards yet they just stand idly by why they yobs crowd outside drinking and smashing bottles
Old 20 August 2009, 09:46 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Look at the scum hanging outside the jobcentre, it amazes me how they can get away drinking outside the job centre.
Our job centre has 2 chuffing great security guards yet they just stand idly by why they yobs crowd outside drinking and smashing bottles
Similar outside my local joke centre. I'd had enough last week and went in to sign off for good. I couldn't cope with the place no more so thank **** the DJ'ing has kicked off well and the Corus thing starts 2 weeks early

How you getting along re. work?
Old 20 August 2009, 09:52 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by **************
None of them want to work in McDonalds - ah shame. Do they really think they have a choice
A girl who went to my school started working in McDonalds when we all finished our GCSE's. Now 8 or so years later, she's earning top dollar, gets to travel all over the place and drives a very very nice Merc. McJobs aren't to be sniffed at anymore.
Old 20 August 2009, 09:55 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian
Similar outside my local joke centre. I'd had enough last week and went in to sign off for good. I couldn't cope with the place no more so thank **** the DJ'ing has kicked off well and the Corus thing starts 2 weeks early

Tomorrow is the last day of our consultation period at work so hopefully we will find out when we are leaving tomorrow. Got some roofing work lined up which should last for a month or two but hopefully want to get back to college and re train.
Old 20 August 2009, 10:02 PM
DYK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by chocolate_o_brian

Bloody hell you could of give that big bird a bit more money and a lift home for helping you DJ

Last edited by DYK; 20 August 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 20 August 2009, 10:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Tomorrow is the last day of our consultation period at work so hopefully we will find out when we are leaving tomorrow. Got some roofing work lined up which should last for a month or two but hopefully want to get back to college and re train.
The college me and my Mrs went to when leaving school 9 and 6 years ago are offering loads of courses for free. Mainly for the types on the program just watched which is always good as it takes the excuse of not ebing able to afford it away.

Anywho I noticed that it was free for anyone for certain courses and I had my Mrs ring up and enquire as she's very passionate about childcare since I won't give her kids yet Anywho one phonecall later and a looong interview - shes going back into part time education. The woman who interviewed her saw her passion and used a loophole to get her a voluntary placement on the college grounds (very rare for this to happen) so she can do the tutoring one night a week and voluntary stuff 2 other nights a week.

So heres me doing 40 hours at Corus a week and 6-7 hours dJ'ing a weekend, and my Mrs doing 40 hours a week in a factory and then another 10 or so at college.

There are success stories out there, and again, I'll admit a more positive attitude alongside a bit of luck/who you know etc., gets you places.
Old 20 August 2009, 10:06 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DYK
Bloody hell you could of give that big bird a bit more money and a lift home for helping you DJ
Old 20 August 2009, 10:21 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Where did they find that bint that was handing out the careers advice - switched on half way through, I assume she was a recruitment consultant. She was useless in my opinion, thick as pig poop.
Old 20 August 2009, 10:50 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

I find it rather convenient that they all just happened to get a job in the same place. I have to ask myself just how that happened, and how financially worthwhile it was for Poundland to take on the ppl in the documentary as opposed to any of the many other applicants It sure helped make the company look good that they managed to place the majority of the people they "trained".
Old 20 August 2009, 11:06 PM
+Doc+
Scooby Senior

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

To be fair Poundland are growing at an incredible rate, this move wouldn't have hurt their publicity either
Old 20 August 2009, 11:10 PM
chocolate_o_brian
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by +Doc+
To be fair Poundland are growing at an incredible rate, this move wouldn't have hurt their publicity either
You get some reet bargains there, things like cordial, toiletreis, crisps etc. Saves on the Asda food shop anywho
Old 20 August 2009, 11:11 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Agreed, however it was far too coincidental that they all managed to get a job in the same store, and they all happened to be called at the same time, while they all just happened to be out for lunch with the cameras at the ready

Quick Reply: heads up for tonight. benefit busters.