Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Terrorist Attack

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Two die in 'barbaric' Army attack

Hmmm This should be interesting
Old 08 March 2009, 10:04 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Be interesting to see how quickly the 'extremists' who committed this are given up...
Old 08 March 2009, 08:12 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by hutton_d
Northern Ireland Shooting: South Antrim Brigade Of Real IRA Claims Attack In Call To Sunday Tribune | UK News | Sky News

It's OK, it was the 'Real' IRA rather than the real IRA ...... Just to distinguish them from that organisation that has those two upstanding members of the community McGuinness and Adams ......

Dave
Mr Brown will be paying them compo soon then.
Old 08 March 2009, 09:31 PM
Jamie
Super Muppet

BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | 'Real IRA was behind army attack'
Old 09 March 2009, 10:26 AM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Did anyone notice that the police have not called them terrorist, and just reffered to them as 'criminals'. Is that to play down there status?

Trending Topics

Old 09 March 2009, 10:45 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ronjeramy
Did anyone notice that the police have not called them terrorist, and just reffered to them as 'criminals'. Is that to play down there status?
Possibly.

Its sad in this day and age that we still have a bunch of ******* like this running about.
None of the vast majority of people want to go back to that sh1te.
Since the original peace deal the country has changed so much (for the better obviously)
There has been huge investment.

It is being categorically condemed by the politicians which is very good.

Something has definately been brewing here recently, rumour has it that the SAS are being brought back in again to hunt these ****** down.

Shaun
Old 09 March 2009, 10:51 AM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Hopefully they do bring in the SAS and they sort them out good and proper, i'd imagine that the security services have a good idea who was involved.
Old 09 March 2009, 10:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Its a very worrying occurrence. Goes to show that the troubles will still be there brewing away and waiting for the next chance. I feel sorry for those who were killed and so seriously injured for no good reason.

Les
Old 09 March 2009, 11:03 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

It is really sad news, I heard about this on Saturday Night and it actually did bring a bit of fear into me as i didn't think i'd be watching such things on the news again especially so close to home

Apparently the PSNI etc knew something was going to happy for quite a bit of time now. Unfortunately I think that this is partly down to people/soldiers/police officers getting far too relaxed. With economic turmoil and a newly found hatred for the government caused by this, its a very good time for the likes of the Real IRA to show their heads once again.
Old 09 March 2009, 11:06 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Hopefully they do bring in the SAS and they sort them out good and proper, i'd imagine that the security services have a good idea who was involved.
Unlikely as our government find it a better use of the military's time and resources to go off to a country in which we have no relation or connection too.
Old 09 March 2009, 11:14 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

The real worrying thing for me is how did they know that the guys were getting pizza's delivered?
Somebody from Domino's tell the ba$tards, or insider leak?
Old 09 March 2009, 11:35 AM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
The real worrying thing for me is how did they know that the guys were getting pizza's delivered?
Somebody from Domino's tell the ba$tards, or insider leak?
Apparently it was a regular thing getting a pizza on a Saturday night, I suppose if they've been watching it wouldn't have been hard to work out
Old 09 March 2009, 11:42 AM
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

I thought we'd seen the last of this stuff.

RIP chaps
Old 09 March 2009, 11:56 AM
Snazy
Scooby Regular

RIP lads.

News says they were about to deploy THAT night to Afganistan, loaded up and in desert combats, one last "treat" before a 6 month deployment.

Very sad, very cowardly, and a terrible pointless loss.

Condolences to their families, and speedy recovery to those who survived.

On the flip side..... this attack "could" have taken place a few hours later on bus loads of soldiers leaving the barracks... Imagine the outcome of that.
Old 09 March 2009, 12:35 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

I love the way the Real IRA etc trying to create an All Ireland forget that small little problem that The Republic of Ireland Government don't actually want a United Ireland
Old 09 March 2009, 12:45 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

They are murdering bar stewards - end of! Call them criminals or terrorists it makes no difference in my eyes.

I have read that there was no real army presence on the gates. In this country their would be a (or more) soldier with and armed and ready to fire rifle. Over there there were a couple of security guards with hand guns. The murdering scum had time to stroll across to their victims and fire a second round. Just goes to show what happens when you try to appease murdering scum! And all we get from Adams is weasel words - from BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Antrim shooting: Political reaction - no words of sympathy for the families. No mention that these are murders, pure and simple, merely 'actions'!

"Last night's attack was an attack on the peace process. It was wrong and counter productive. Those responsible have no support, no strategy to achieve a United Ireland. Their intention is to bring British soldiers back onto the streets. They want to destroy the progress of recent times and to plunge Ireland back into conflict. Irish republicans and democrats have a duty to oppose this and to defend the peace process. There should be an end to actions like the one in Antrim last night. Sinn Fein has a responsibility to be consistent. The logic of this is that we support the police in the apprehension of those involved in last night's attack"

Dave

Yup, agreed!
Old 09 March 2009, 02:16 PM
bigsinky
Scooby Regular

have to agree with urban on this one. 99.9% of the NI population don't want to go back looking over their shoulders, getting bags and person searched before you enter shops etc. if mr orde can get special forces in to hunt these scum down then well and good i say. deserve everything they get. would also agree with PH's comments on how quickly they are given up by those who are all for peace in NI.

The MLAs are raging now, they have had to delay their junket to the US by 4 days until this blows over.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:22 PM
urban
Scooby Regular

They are murdering bar stewards - end of! Call them criminals or terrorists it makes no difference in my eyes.

I have read that there was no real army presence on the gates. In this country their would be a (or more) soldier with and armed and ready to fire rifle. Over there there were a couple of security guards with hand guns. The murdering scum had time to stroll across to their victims and fire a second round. Just goes to show what happens when you try to appease murdering scum! And all we get from Adams is weasel words - from BBC NEWS | Northern Ireland | Antrim shooting: Political reaction - no words of sympathy for the families. No mention that these are murders, pure and simple, merely 'actions'!

"Last night's attack was an attack on the peace process. It was wrong and counter productive. Those responsible have no support, no strategy to achieve a United Ireland. Their intention is to bring British soldiers back onto the streets. They want to destroy the progress of recent times and to plunge Ireland back into conflict. Irish republicans and democrats have a duty to oppose this and to defend the peace process. There should be an end to actions like the one in Antrim last night. Sinn Fein has a responsibility to be consistent. The logic of this is that we support the police in the apprehension of those involved in last night's attack"

Dave
Just so you know.
Adams doesn't normally speak out anymore, McGuiness does that now.

Regardless of the choice of words, everyone from what I can tell has condemed the attack
How its been worded isn't important.

Shaun
Old 09 March 2009, 02:38 PM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by urban
Regardless of the choice of words, everyone from what I can tell has condemed the attack
How its been worded isn't important.

Shaun
I'd actually disagree, the wording can mean a hell of alot more than what has actually been said in most cases.
Old 09 March 2009, 02:59 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

No, it's because that's what the 'Real IRA' really are : just a bunch of pathetic gangsters whose mainstay is the drug trade, protection racketeering & prostitution. They don't have a political agenda, they're just the hard-core of dick heads who enjoyed shooting at people back in the Provo days. It is quite amusing to watch McGuiness & Adams condemn them, considering 20 years ago it was those gimps with the AKs & bombs.
Old 09 March 2009, 03:18 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MJW
No, it's because that's what the 'Real IRA' really are : just a bunch of pathetic gangsters whose mainstay is the drug trade, protection racketeering & prostitution. They don't have a political agenda, they're just the hard-core of dick heads who enjoyed shooting at people back in the Provo days. It is quite amusing to watch McGuiness & Adams condemn them, considering 20 years ago it was those gimps with the AKs & bombs.
So nothings changed then.
Old 09 March 2009, 05:27 PM
Prasius
Scooby Regular

The UK Government will play the whole thing down in order to continue in their delusions that a peace exists in N Ireland.

The individuals who did this will get a slap on the wrists at most.

As for Adams little speech.. I'm sure he had a few drinks celebrating a couple of more dead British soldiers; I'm sure the only thing that would have made it sweeter was if there were some women and kids caught in the cross fire as well; still, we'll leave that to the shopping centre bombings.
Old 10 March 2009, 12:13 AM
urban
Scooby Regular

FFS

Now a police officer has been shot in an area called Craigavon.
Happened around 10pm.
Old 10 March 2009, 12:27 AM
windyboy
Scooby Regular

Location: Working in Belfast and living in Bangor, N'orn I'ron

BreaKing News....

A PSNI office has just been shot dead in Craigavon, FFS !!!

hunt down the terrorists and wipe them out once and all

windyboy
Old 10 March 2009, 12:35 AM
finalzero
Scooby Regular

This isn't the first time mate, unfortunately because no 'Islamists' were involved (such a derogatory word created by th media...) the murdering *******s are simply referred to as criminals.

Anyone remember not too long about about the loonies up north who were arrested, had a massive cache of bombs etc and were pretty much hell bent on doing some kind of serious damage but because the two fellas were white and not 'OoogaBoogaOMFGHeGotRPGInPocket' they were simply (and deliberately) referred to as criminals.

But people ask yourself this question:

EXACTLY WHO BENEFITS FROM THE KILLING IN NI?

Seems stupid and illogical for the group/people in question to do this (but quite possible) leaving one to think that there is some other hand being played here (and not unreasonable as it's happened in the past).

Either way a tragedy and I hope the people have enough courage not get baited by this deliberate act to incite more violence.
Old 10 March 2009, 12:37 AM
Jamz3k
Scooby Regular

FFS just watched on the news about the PSNI officer getting shot tonight I fear this may not be the last death we hear of.

Quick Reply: Terrorist Attack