PEOPLE ALWAYS MOAN ABOUT SPELLING, WELL YOU NEED TO READ THIS

Search this Thread

Old 24 January 2009, 05:22 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PEOPLE ALWAYS MOAN ABOUT SPELLING, WELL YOU NEED TO READ THIS

fi yuo cna raed tihs, yuo hvae a sgtrane mnid too
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55 plepoe out of 100 can.
i cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! lkie ****!

Now if you car read other post, and the spelling is not 100% why do you feal the need to comment about it. If you can spell 100% well done if you have trouble so what, them that complane need to get a life. I could give you a web site that only 50% of them can spell, but like above all you need is the first and last letter to read it. I'm pants at spelling but i bet i have a job that pays more then most who can spell. As i dont need to spell.

Anyways rant over

Last edited by scooby1doo1; 24 January 2009 at 05:26 AM.
Old 24 January 2009, 07:00 AM
Mark Mac
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Christ Almighty.
There is someone on S/N with more than one brain cell..........
Old 24 January 2009, 07:11 AM
M535I
Scooby Regular

lol pmsl nice one mate ! im on of those who cant spell to good .
Old 24 January 2009, 07:12 AM
djmisio85
Scooby Regular

You see, the thing is with that text, that all the correct letters for each given word are there... simply in the wrong order.....

In your case, you wrote "complane", however we all know that it should be "complain".... then if we take your spelling of complain and rearrange the letters, we would get something like "cpmlaone"...... which no one would be able to even guess that it says "complain", because the correct letters arent even there......

Nice try anyway
Old 24 January 2009, 08:06 AM
Matt78
Scooby Regular

I always think it's a little stuck up when people complain about spelling, so what!? Some people aren't as good at writing/reading/spelling as others. I work with a guy who finds reading and writing difficult, sometimes he asks me to fill out his holiday forms, but if I wanted my engine taken apart he'd know 90% more than I do!
Old 24 January 2009, 09:10 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by djmisio85
You see, the thing is with that text, that all the correct letters for each given word are there... simply in the wrong order.....

In your case, you wrote "complane", however we all know that it should be "complain".... then if we take your spelling of complain and rearrange the letters, we would get something like "cpmlaone"...... which no one would be able to even guess that it says "complain", because the correct letters arent even there......

Nice try anyway
sad
Old 24 January 2009, 09:11 AM
scooby1doo1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt78
I always think it's a little stuck up when people complain about spelling, so what!? Some people aren't as good at writing/reading/spelling as others. I work with a guy who finds reading and writing difficult, sometimes he asks me to fill out his holiday forms, but if I wanted my engine taken apart he'd know 90% more than I do!
Agreed 1 downfall I.E spelling but **** hot at other things
Old 24 January 2009, 09:12 AM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

they moan about caps lock more......
Old 24 January 2009, 09:13 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

i can live with bad spelling none of us are perfect , text speak get up my ar$e though as its nothing but lazyness
Old 24 January 2009, 10:12 AM
SC008Y_MAD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
i can live with bad spelling none of us are perfect , text speak get up my ar$e though as its nothing but lazyness
+1 I agree. Nobodies perfect.
Old 24 January 2009, 10:27 AM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Anyone can spell. Your choice is either carry on in ignorance or learn how to spell the words that you struggle with. Not hard, eh?
Old 24 January 2009, 10:47 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by GC8
Anyone can spell. Your choice is either carry on in ignorance or learn how to spell the words that you struggle with. Not hard, eh?
um...actualy it is for some, that was a rather ignerant reply, my spelling is getting better as my confidace grows. its comments like yours that make it harder for people like me, learning dificulty is not ignorance, or lazynes. Get a life mate and dont comment on what you clearly have no understanding of.
Old 24 January 2009, 10:51 AM
Jamie
Super Muppet

I do hope you are taking the p1ss JPF
Old 24 January 2009, 10:54 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

That's the problem nowadays, you're not allowed to mock the bone idle halfwits because it's a 'condition' that they are suffering from.
Old 24 January 2009, 10:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matt78
Yes I agree with that. Those that feel they have to make a meal out of correcting others grammar and spelling seem to regard themselves as very superior people.

Les
Old 24 January 2009, 10:59 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Jamie*
I do hope you are taking the p1ss JPF
No why?
Old 24 January 2009, 11:00 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Odds on
That's the problem nowadays, you're not allowed to mock the bone idle halfwits because it's a 'condition' that they are suffering from.
Condition being 'lazy ****'s disease'?
Old 24 January 2009, 11:00 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

My problem with bad spelling, grammar etc is a lot of people don't even care that they're bad at it! Sure we all make mistakes, I'm sure there's a pedant out there somewhere that could rip my posts apart but I at least make an effort.

It's not hard to find and use a spell checker, it's not just about posting things spelt correctly, you learn as you go along...I don't understand not wanting to be better at something you know you're poor at that plays such a vital part in your life.

(Learning difficulties acknowledged obviously)
Old 24 January 2009, 11:02 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

clever chap aint you.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:02 AM
BOB.T
Scooby Senior

Wink

Originally Posted by Einstein RA
Condition being 'lazy ****'s disease'?
There's no apostrophe in '*****'

(edit: Hmm, actually I'm wrong! )

Last edited by BOB.T; 24 January 2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:04 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Leslie
Yes I agree with that. Those that feel they have to make a meal out of correcting others grammar and spelling seem to regard themselves as very superior people.

Les
Our interaction on this forum is through the written/typed word. A little adherence to grammar and spelling is not too much to expect.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:05 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BOB.T
There's no apostrophe in '*****'

Damn pedants!
Old 24 January 2009, 11:09 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by BOB.T
My problem with bad spelling, grammar etc is a lot of people don't even care that they're bad at it! Sure we all make mistakes, I'm sure there's a pedant out there somewhere that could rip my posts apart but I at least make an effort.

It's not hard to find and use a spell checker, it's not just about posting things spelt correctly, you learn as you go along...I don't understand not wanting to be better at something you know you're poor at that plays such a vital part in your life.

(Learning difficulties acknowledged obviously)
Valid point Bob. Some people I know take great pride in not being able to spell or use correct English. Infact a lass I know actually uses textspeak abbreviations! Her reason, she CBA to use full words LOL!
Old 24 January 2009, 11:15 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Our interaction on this forum is through the written/typed word. A little adherence to grammar and spelling is not too much to expect.
If I can read a post anderstand it, then to me theres no problem. This is an informal forum for all, not an exercise in grammar and spulling.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:15 AM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JPF
clever chap aint you.
Must resist...

Resist....

Resist....

Arghhhh...

Can't...

Oh ***** to it. Look, just because you've been told at school that "It's OK, you don't have to learn. You just do what fits with your perception of human rights", doesn't mean you're mentally challenged. It means the system fu*ked up somewhere along the line.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's human nature. Winging and blaming 'conditions' is just bloody annoying.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:19 AM
JPF
Scooby Regular

Must resist...

Resist....

Resist....

Arghhhh...

Can't...

Oh ***** to it. Look, just because you've been told at school that "It's OK, you don't have to learn. You just do what fits with your perception of human rights", doesn't mean you're mentally challenged. It means the system fu*ked up somewhere along the line.

Everyone makes mistakes, that's human nature. Winging and blaming 'conditions' is just bloody annoying.
ignorance is bliss.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:27 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by JPF
If I can read a post anderstand it, then to me theres no problem. This is an informal forum for all, not an exercise in grammar and spulling.
Almost had me......
Old 24 January 2009, 11:28 AM
subaruturbo_18
Scooby Regular

I think people are a little harsh on spelling on this website. There is such a thing as a typo, or typing error, which is fine, that's similar to what the OP was showing. But when people say that those who can't spell should not be so lazy and learn, there is such a thing known as dyslexia.

Fair enough some people can't be arsed to spell, they're the kind who usually 'tlk lyk dis', but saying on here everyone who can't spell should learn is slightly ignorant, a mate of mine from college was dyslexic and he really struggled with lettering. I once saw him write "fiesta" but he wrote "5iesta".

And at the end of the day you just sound like a grumpy old man

Edited: Just for the record im not dyslexic.

Last edited by subaruturbo_18; 24 January 2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 24 January 2009, 11:48 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Infact a lass I know actually uses textspeak abbreviations! Her reason, she CBA to use full words LOL!
because she cant be arsed to write/type properly the person shes writing/typing too has to put in extra effort to decipher what she cant be arsed spelling, really gets me going that one
Old 24 January 2009, 11:54 AM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Á¢ïÐ
because she cant be arsed to write/type properly the person shes writing/typing too has to put in extra effort to decipher what she cant be arsed spelling, really gets me going that one
Not just in her texts, in actual conversation!

Quick Reply: PEOPLE ALWAYS MOAN ABOUT SPELLING, WELL YOU NEED TO READ THIS