Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Public Sector Pensions Rip Off !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2009, 11:38 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Public Sector Pensions Rip Off !!!!

Originally Posted by silent running
As others have already mentioned, public sector workers - like me and many others - have had more than our fair share of the lean years. Now it's the private sector's turn. You want bonuses, job flexibility, a company car, tax breaks, overtime, better take home pay, then that's fine. You made your choice, and public sector workers made theirs. If you now want a public sector job so bad, why don't you go and get one if you think it would suit you? I made my choice that I wanted to do something useful with my life and forego the high salaries for something my family and I could just about get by on, knowing that eventually my pension will be OK and that my job is relatively immune to the effects of the economy because I do a job that has been needed throughout human history and always will be. It was a hard decision to follow that path after uni when all my mates were going straight into very high earning telecomms jobs in the mid 90s, and I was earning £700 a month. But there you go, that's life eh?

No where in my previous comments did I say I wanted a Public Sector job!!!

I am more than happy with my life /family life etc and in fact I took a 10 k pay cut to change my job 3 yrs ago to enjoy my family life ,more time with the kids etc .So thats all good .I aint afraid of making difficult decisions .

I left school at 16 and served an Apprenticeship in a well paid at the time profession but became bored and left with no job to go to.Another decision I made .

Anyway back on Topic .

It is high time this Final Salary scheme was kicked into touch .
In my opinion too many Malingerers being rewarded for incompetance and producing nothing .
A quarter of mine and everybody elses Council Tax goes to funding this scheme and the money needs spending in much more important areas .
I started paying into a Pension as an Apprentice and have done ever since .
Why should a Lazy Malingering Sicknote not have to worry about their Pension like everyone else .
As I said Most of them are T055ers and the scheme for T055er early ,comfortable retirement needs abolishing ASAP .
IMHO .!!!!

Last edited by njkmrs; 03 January 2009 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03 January 2009, 12:53 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Out of interest mate, are you including doctors, nurses, policeman etc in this?
Old 03 January 2009, 01:10 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Out of interest mate, are you including doctors, nurses, policeman etc in this?

Absolutely not !!!
They contribute and serve a purpose .
Old 03 January 2009, 05:40 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by njkmrs
Why should a Lazy Malingering Sicknote not have to worry about their Pension like everyone else .
As I said Most of them are T055ers and the scheme for T055er early ,comfortable retirement needs abolishing ASAP .
IMHO .!!!!
I've been with the NHS for 10 years and through personal experience I would say approximately 2-3% of our employees would fit your definition of "Lazy Malingering Sicknotes". The rest of them are hard working and just getting on with making a living and doing the best job they can.

So stating that most of them are "To55ers" is a sweeping statement made by someone with no real knowledge of what actually goes on in these organisations.

What I will say is that the public sector has made it far too difficult to dispose of these individuals. To be honest, they would end up on the dole and paid benefits anyway as they would not be able to hold down any kind of job.
Old 03 January 2009, 07:08 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

The trouble is that this government has spent so much creating non-jobs in all areas of public service. I had to go for an x-ray recently and couldn't believe the number of staff either stood around chatting or slowly pushing wheeled baskets with a single file in them.
The local government pension scheme was changed last year - apparently to reduce costs, but the pensions are now based on 60ths rather than 80ths, and people can now get pensions of 2/3s final salary.
Having retired last year I am now rather keen to end the final salary-based schemes as I can't see these public bodies being able to afford to run them much longer
Old 03 January 2009, 07:14 PM
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XRS
but the pensions are now based on 60ths rather than 80ths, and people can now get pensions of 2/3s final salary.
Yes - and they pay two-and-and-half times as much into the pot to make up for the increase. They also lose the final lump sum that used to come with the "classic" scheme. Do you really think the government would change the pension scheme to benefit the workers rather than the treasury?

Having retired last year I am now rather keen to end the final salary-based schemes as I can't see these public bodies being able to afford to run them much longer
The expression you are looking for is: "Pulling up the ladder after you are aboard". Or just: "Selfish".

M
Old 03 January 2009, 07:24 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

What I will say is that the public sector has made it far too difficult to dispose of these individuals. To be honest, they would end up on the dole and paid benefits anyway as they would not be able to hold down any kind of job.[/QUOTE]

Which is my point exactly .These ,Ok ,maybe a smaller proportion than i implied serve no purpose whatsoever but spend a whole lifetime sponging from the state,albeit ,it is not called Benefit .They are no better than the ******* who dont bother working .

Anyone in the private sector would not be shielded like this ,they would quickly find themselves out of work .

And then to be rewarded with a good pension !!!!
I rest my case .!!!!!

Trending Topics

Old 03 January 2009, 07:41 PM
rossyboy
Scooby Regular

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts

and in that respect I agree with you.
Old 03 January 2009, 07:45 PM
XRS
Scooby Senior

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by _Meridian_
Yes - and they pay two-and-and-half times as much into the pot to make up for the increase. They also lose the final lump sum that used to come with the "classic" scheme. Do you really think the government would change the pension scheme to benefit the workers rather than the treasury?

The expression you are looking for is: "Pulling up the ladder after you are aboard". Or just: "Selfish".

M
I don't think so - from what I can see the contribution rate for most members was 6%, 5% for some. The maximum is now 7.5% for those on more than £75,000. For those on the protected 5% their increases are being phased in before they pay according to salary. Don't underestimate the value of an inflation-protected income.

I may be retired, but I don't recall saying that I am benefiting from this scheme. It only takes 30 seconds on Google to find out what I've said above .
Old 03 January 2009, 07:56 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

wife works for the nhs and to be honest there all lazy *******s, ok they do a very good job when they are there but all the people from her department, including senior management, just seem to be off sick with pay.

i havent been off sick for 8-9 years and i come into work even if dying. maybe if public sector staff didnt get paid sickness then they might not be off as much.

by the way i include my wife in that too, im sick of having a go.

Last edited by phil_wrx; 03 January 2009 at 07:59 PM.
Old 03 January 2009, 08:14 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by phil_wrx
wife works for the nhs and to be honest there all lazy *******s, ok they do a very good job when they are there but all the people from her department, including senior management, just seem to be off sick with pay.

i havent been off sick for 8-9 years and i come into work even if dying. maybe if public sector staff didnt get paid sickness then they might not be off as much.

by the way i include my wife in that too, im sick of having a go.
Well I congratulate you on your honesty .It confirms what I was thinking and saying .

Now if the Strategic Head of Diversity and Social Awareness for the Integration of MultiCultural Dynamics in the Local and MultiNational Community has a good case for keeping these Pensions as they are please speak up now !!!

Know what I mean !!
Old 03 January 2009, 10:51 PM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

My gf works for the council and sounds like most of them don't do a great deal of work and they openly talk about people behaving in a way that they would get sacked from any commercial company in a matter of days.

AllanB
Old 03 January 2009, 11:50 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Phil WRX

I also work for the NHS......

I don't take all my annual leave and the last time I was sick (2001) with chicken pox ( 41 years old) it got into my internal organs and brain, unforunately it was during my summer holiday which I couldn't claim back

I cover the half a million people in the Cumbria and Scottish border regions for my specialty....

Shaun.Whitehead@cumbriaPCT.nhs.uk

Shaun
Old 03 January 2009, 11:52 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

well maybe u should come down this neck of the woods and tech a few of these beggers what to do
Old 03 January 2009, 11:54 PM
Midlife......
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

which part of the NHS does your wife work for ?
Old 04 January 2009, 01:27 AM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

blackburn and darwen pct
Old 04 January 2009, 06:57 AM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Yep ,just as I said .Most of them are cretinous ,worthless scum suckers .

Now can someone organise between yourselves to get my feckin bin emptied !! Yet again it has been at the end of my drive for over 4 days waiting to be emptied !!!!!

I feel fully justified in my comments .Thanks fellas for being truthful .
All we need now is someone with a spine to take away this grossly tooo expensive perk .

Time to get out what you put in ,the gravy train is about to pull into" Reality Central " .All disembark please ,this train is no longer in Service .
Old 04 January 2009, 09:43 AM
richiewong
Twatful

Originally Posted by njkmrs
Absolutely not !!!
They contribute and serve a purpose .
Cheers
Old 04 January 2009, 12:08 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

At least G Broon is doing his best to trim the fat

The Prime Minister set out an ambitious public works programme to help fight off recession.

"I want to show how we will be able to, through public investments and public works, create probably 100,000 additional jobs... in our capital investment programme," he told The Observer.

"We are not going to stand by and allow nothing to be done when people are facing difficulties."
Prime Minister Gordon Brown's 'New Deal' To Create 100,000 Jobs For Britain | Politics | Sky News

And he also revealed his own New Year's resolution - to get fitter by taking up running.

Last edited by Jye; 04 January 2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 04 January 2009, 12:53 PM
Bonehead
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
Oh he's taking up running is he?, Here's me thinking he's been running the country into the ground for years!
Old 04 January 2009, 02:56 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jye
I hope he isnt planning to swell the Public Sector with another 100,000 wasters !!!!!!!
Old 04 January 2009, 04:50 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

And what are these 'public works' to be?

Huge Leninesque statues of our great leader to be erected in town squares the length and breadth our grateful nation??

Old 04 January 2009, 05:50 PM
Jye
Scooby Regular

From the link

That's an awful lot of pavement chewing gum scrapers.

Posted By :Gwilym Rhys-Jones

The Broon Cloown is right, we do need WWII British spirit, but not for his aims. We need it to get rid of him and his sinister Marxist controlling Government. That will overcome the a big part of the current crisis immediately. This guy really needs sectioning and now, before he does any more irepairable damage to the country. Who is going to pay to balance the books whilst supporting these madcap Government lead, taxpayer funded Nulabour Party bail outs once everyone is working for Government projects? Broon is an egotistical lunatic. For goodness sake, can we have either a General Election or full scale public rebellion now, before it's too late!

Posted By :Geoff

Last edited by Jye; 04 January 2009 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04 January 2009, 07:09 PM
phil_wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
And what are these 'public works' to be?

Huge Leninesque statues of our great leader to be erected in town squares the length and breadth our grateful nation??

didnt hitler pull germany out of there depression when he took over power by putting the people to work for the country?

ok ok he built tanks and a huge army but u get what i mean
Old 07 January 2009, 12:39 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

FAO Deep Singh

As I have already said if your a Doctor /Nurse etc then it does not apply to you .
If you are not then ,the sooner they pull the rug from under the many thousands of worthless loafers ,the better .!!!

Last edited by njkmrs; 07 January 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Old 07 January 2009, 12:49 PM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Sorry, where is the evidence that "most public sector workers" are lazy tossers? Or is this Worthless Anecdotal Non-Knowledge?
Old 07 January 2009, 12:57 PM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Well my mrs has just a got job working as a communications officer for the Kent Police. At least one of us will now have sick pay + a decent pension. More for her I say. But, my bonus's make up for not having sick pay a suppose, even though I have only ever had one day off since I started.
Old 07 January 2009, 01:02 PM
njkmrs
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Sorry, where is the evidence that "most public sector workers" are lazy tossers? Or is this Worthless Anecdotal Non-Knowledge?

I would say some of the comments above prove my point .!!!
From people in The Job.So to speak .
Old 07 January 2009, 01:08 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Public sector workers really annoy me.

They constanly want more money. Usually double inflation. If not they'll strike. This happens every year.
Final salary pensions !!!!!

Here in the real world - Private sector. We get what ever pay rise we're handed. For the past 3 years, mine has been inflation only.

Pension??????? Private pension that is worthless. Got a letter a year or so ago stating that due to the pension fund being what it is, I'm only looking at getting a few grand each year when I retire. Cut my payment after this, as they wanted me to double my contributions.

For years the public sector have had better pay rises than the private sector. The first year the private sector pay was on average better than the public sector, the whole of the public sector was up in arms.

I'd love a final salary pension. Only it looks like I'll be living in poverty instead.
Old 07 January 2009, 01:42 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

what we need is a huge switcheroo, everyone in public sector has to work privately for a year, everyone in private sector works public for a year.

Moany whingy no good slackers who think they are owed a living and then when they dont provide any value they are unsackable and get huge great pensions to boot.

If you middle manager public boys were subject to true market conditions you would be found out double quick time and put out to pot sharpish.

Quick Reply: Public Sector Pensions Rip Off !!!!