Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Gti Vs VR Vs scooby

Search this Thread

Old 31 August 2008, 10:22 PM
urdad
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gti Vs VR Vs scooby

Couple of stories I'd like to relate,I found amusing but more so because of the people involved.
A friend of mine who knows ->0<- about cars called round on saturday,he explained how he'd bought a "new" car and was a bit taken aback when I didn't seem really excited.
He'd bought a P plate Golf Gti,limited edition of some sort,lovely colour vgc but not something I'd drool over.
Anyway I ask the usual questions how much...£1000,but it's only had 2 owners in the same family..Mileage..over 100k,infact 132k.
Go on drive it see what you think;do 50 yds he says well? give me a chance,gearbox linkage is well worn(porridge/bucket) and seems very lack-lustre,no oomph and I'm not comparing it to a scoob,I've driven xr3i's,gti's etc but this one seemed really tired.
No thrust at acceleration and no real peaks;then the killer blow...it goes well,got to be as fast as that Subaru of yours,spent the next 30 mins explaining why it wouldn't be and shouldn't be.
Very,very nice bloke but he isn't at all car orientated he just likes golfs.

The next one my m8 told me of a friend at work,looking through a car mag he tells my m8 "dem's da rims I wanna get",to which my m8 predictably asks for what car,Golf VR6...
Innocently as my m8 is a bit curious he asks "why did you buy one of those",the reply...to go scooby hunting,sort of killed the conversation can't think of a better reason to buy a car can you?
Old 31 August 2008, 10:26 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

ermm.....errrr.....hmmmm

I'll get me coat
Old 31 August 2008, 10:34 PM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

LOL, I remember a VR6 tried scooby hunting with me one day. I didn't notice it was a race until it passed me with the passengers giving a we won gesture with a single finger, ages after I originally overtook him without any intent. I think I actually had to stop and get out the car I was that bent double with laughter after realising what had happened.
Old 01 September 2008, 09:01 AM
Gear Head
Scooby Regular

Old 01 September 2008, 11:53 AM
New_scooby_04

I'm getting a bumper sticker for mine, saying:

"Forget it, you're not worth the Vpower"
Old 01 September 2008, 12:10 PM
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MK3 8 valves were truly rubbish as a hot hatch, I nearly bought one, described as being immacualte I got there and it smelt like a mini cab, had wet carpets, water in the headlamps, rust everywhere, trim missing and broken and the guy got really arsey when I didnt want to even drive it, I had been polite thus far but he called me and my dad clueless so I pointed out its many flaws as a simple "It isnt for me" wouldnt suffice. Went and spent another 2 grand and got a 4 year old Saab which was way quicker, not rusting and still felt like it had been made this century (on last centurys chassis granted)