Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

For those of you with "foreign" wives or family...

Search this Thread

Old 17 December 2007, 04:54 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation For those of you with "foreign" wives or family...

Might need a bit more commitment to bring the mother-in-law over in future.

£1,000 bond planned for visits by overseas relatives | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Politics

Pretty unpleasant actually, I don't consider myself poor but I don't have a grand I can just give to the government for a few months - particularly as that's the exact time I'll be needing extra money to pay for her food and a bit of tourism

...of course, I'd love to see what interest the govt can earn on these loans
Old 17 December 2007, 05:20 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMO this is a good thing. The amount of 'visitors' from poorer countries who end up staying is clearly significant. Hopefully this will cut down on the problem.
Old 17 December 2007, 05:23 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

make it two grand
Old 17 December 2007, 06:20 PM
shaunywrx
Scooby Regular

Brilliant idea, but i do'nt expect there'll have the ***** to go through with it, or if they do there probably end up giving grants to people, so they can have family visit them, which will just make it an even bigger farce.
Old 17 December 2007, 06:55 PM
Shark Man
Scooby Regular

There are valid reasons why these proposals have been mentioned; because the system has been abused.

Sadly its too little too late. And the people who its really affects are the ones who want to do things correctly.
Old 17 December 2007, 07:24 PM
Scooby Soon!
Scooby Regular

Whats the point?

For anyone who has experianced this first hand, if you want to come here legally its a knightmare (citizen ship test, endless q's, money money money) BUT if your asylum seeker you pay nothing, you dont take the citizenship test and all the forms and leg work is done for you!!!

How is that fair???
Old 17 December 2007, 07:36 PM
Ray_li
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by j4ckos mate
make it two grand
F*** it. make it £10,000 then no body can come over
Old 17 December 2007, 07:39 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ray_li
F*** it. make it £10,000 then no body can come over

Make it a billion kagillion £££
Old 17 December 2007, 09:03 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
Might need a bit more commitment to bring the mother-in-law over in future.

£1,000 bond planned for visits by overseas relatives | Special Reports | Guardian Unlimited Politics

Pretty unpleasant actually, I don't consider myself poor but I don't have a grand I can just give to the government for a few months - particularly as that's the exact time I'll be needing extra money to pay for her food and a bit of tourism

...of course, I'd love to see what interest the govt can earn on these loans
Typical Grauniad bleeding-heart rubbish. The legislation is necessary in order to stop people taking the p1ss, which I think you'll find they already have been doing in spades

When my old man comes to the Netherlands (Indian passport) I have to provide bank statements and salary slips in order to prove that I have the means to act as guarantor. Its a little more effort, sure, but not worth losing any sleep over really.
Old 17 December 2007, 10:34 PM
Klaatu
Scooby Regular

I've dealt with immigration in several countries over the last 20 odd years, and paying a bond is not unusual. Australia and New Zealand have had this policy for years, I don't see it as a problem if you are genuine.
Old 17 December 2007, 10:41 PM
Odds on
Scooby Regular

£1k deposit to get someone in the country is a steal!

The government still wont have a clue how many are here, but they'll have a nice fat wallet!!

Then they can tax us more to find them. Maybe even give them some of our tax money to leave and set up a business in a country that they "had to leave for fear of persecution"

Old 17 December 2007, 10:47 PM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Suresh
Typical Grauniad bleeding-heart rubbish. The legislation is necessary in order to stop people taking the p1ss, which I think you'll find they already have been doing in spades

When my old man comes to the Netherlands (Indian passport) I have to provide bank statements and salary slips in order to prove that I have the means to act as guarantor. Its a little more effort, sure, but not worth losing any sleep over really.
??? When my MIL comes over I also have to provide those things.

I certainly don't have to give 1500 euros over to the government for 3 mths just as I need it.

And I think you'll find that those that take the **** will continue to do so, just as they always have done. As stated above, those of us who play by the rules will be the only ones to suffer.

Still, it keeps the uneducated voters happy I suppose.
Old 18 December 2007, 04:27 AM
EvilBevel
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brendan Hughes
??? When my MIL comes over I also have to provide those things.

I certainly don't have to give 1500 euros over to the government for 3 mths just as I need it.

And I think you'll find that those that take the **** will continue to do so, just as they always have done. As stated above, those of us who play by the rules will be the only ones to suffer.

Still, it keeps the uneducated voters happy I suppose.
Why can't you just marry an all English girl ? I mean, you are asking for it, no?

Oh, and Suresh, would you be so kind to stop polluting my country and go back to where ever you came from. I mean, it's not like we don't have uneducated people of our own kind, do we ? Just piffle off to Pakistan or whatever ungodly country you came from anyway.
Old 18 December 2007, 06:57 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Make it a billion kagillion £££
Yes I'd agree with that .............
Old 18 December 2007, 07:28 AM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by EvilBevel
Why can't you just marry an all English girl ?
................ because my wife is 10 x better than any 'English' girlfriend I ever had - that's why I married her.
Old 18 December 2007, 08:02 AM
AllanB
Scooby Regular

Maybe with the money we get we can use it to export the vast numbers of uneducated lay about poor white trash this country seems to be breeding.

AllanB
Old 18 December 2007, 08:14 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AllanB
Maybe with the money we get we can use it to export the vast numbers of uneducated lay about poor white trash this country seems to be breeding.

AllanB
sadly, these are not the ones leaving but the ones driving others who do work and contribute to do so, the root cause of this is the wonderful benefit system we have, also one if not the main reasons the more devious people come here on the pretence of a holiday and then stay.

why else would people travel through other civilised and wealthy european countries to get to this small Island.
Old 18 December 2007, 08:21 AM
MikeCardiff
Scooby Regular

Maybe we should follow Switzerlands lead - dont let anyone in, and if they do sneak in, make it so expensive to live there they all want to go home again straight away.
Old 18 December 2007, 09:05 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Horrible idea. It basically assumes that you are trying to sneak someone into the country.
Old 18 December 2007, 09:36 AM
Vampire
Scooby Regular

Superb idea, I now have a concrete excuse for not letting the mother/father in law come over here.
Old 18 December 2007, 09:36 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by PeteBrant
Horrible idea. It basically assumes that you are trying to sneak someone into the country.
Surely the flip side of this is that the honest people are not going to worry as they will be getting the money back.

Peter, we have some 750K illegals in thew UK and these are NL figures so realistically you could times them by 2 and be closer to the mark. Some of these will have come in as visitors and stayed.

I do agree this affects the decent and honest amongst us but that else can you do.
Old 18 December 2007, 09:41 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Surely the flip side of this is that the honest people are not going to worry as they will be getting the money back.

Peter, we have some 750K illegals in thew UK and these are NL figures so realistically you could times them by 2 and be closer to the mark. Some of these will have come in as visitors and stayed.

I do agree this affects the decent and honest amongst us but that else can you do.
So I presume from this stance you are in support of ID cards? Compulsary DNA records for everyone?
Old 18 December 2007, 09:51 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So I presume from this stance you are in support of ID cards? Compulsary DNA records for everyone?
I do not support id cards, we have passports already amd i would not trust NL as far as i can throw them, the loose information and are not trustworthy.

What i do feel we need is proper border control to cut down in illgeals being trafficed - the same routes ands pople smuggling in weaponds and drugs so this is paramount.

I do want to see a proactive and robust approach to illegals and deporting them with as little cost as possible.

Anyone wanting to come to the UK should do this honestly, if they trust us and our laws then would. As i have ststed why do they travel through so many countires to get to this one - because once here it is difficult to be deportred and you are well looked after at a cost to the taxpayer - US!

Please answer the question i posed - what would YOU suggest?
Old 18 December 2007, 09:54 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down

Oh come on, everyone, see it for what it is: yet6 ANOTHER Lying Labour scam.

Take £1000 off everyone who wants to visit, and invest it. Those who go home get it back, minus the interest it did gain for Labour, and WOULD have gained for the person who paid it.

Those who DON'T go home lose their deposit and SO WHAT? £1000 to get into the UK? Cheap at the price!

And Labour? Win-win. Money making, and appearing to do something about immigration................call me a cynic, but after 10+ years of these fekkers, that's how I feel

Alcazar
Old 18 December 2007, 09:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Originally Posted by alcazar
Oh come on, everyone, see it for what it is: yet6 ANOTHER Lying Labour scam.

Take £1000 off everyone who wants to visit, and invest it. Those who go home get it back, minus the interest it did gain for Labour, and WOULD have gained for the person who paid it.

Those who DON'T go home lose their deposit and SO WHAT? £1000 to get into the UK? Cheap at the price!

And Labour? Win-win. Money making, and appearing to do something about immigration................call me a cynic, but after 10+ years of these fekkers, that's how I feel

Alcazar

agreed, appearance is everything

read on - actually they just want the mponey and do not care whwere it comes from - what does this say about NL and their policies on immigration then.
Amnesty on illegal immigrants is 'worth £6bn to UK' - Independent Online Edition > This Britain
Old 18 December 2007, 10:26 AM
PeteBrant
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
I do not support id cards, we have passports already amd i would not trust NL as far as i can throw them, the loose information and are not trustworthy.

What i do feel we need is proper border control to cut down in illgeals being trafficed - the same routes ands pople smuggling in weaponds and drugs so this is paramount.

I do want to see a proactive and robust approach to illegals and deporting them with as little cost as possible.

Anyone wanting to come to the UK should do this honestly, if they trust us and our laws then would. As i have ststed why do they travel through so many countires to get to this one - because once here it is difficult to be deportred and you are well looked after at a cost to the taxpayer - US!

Please answer the question i posed - what would YOU suggest?
So you dont want ID cards or compulsary DNA because you dont trust the government to be able to run such a scheme, and be able to use such information responsibly.

Bur if your Mum isn;t from this country, and therefore bound to be an illegal immigrant, it's fine.

Can you see the inconsistancy in your approach?

The vast majority of people that travel to this country do come honestly. A small percentage don't. Who do you cater for, the majority, or the minority?

I'll tell you who - You cater for Middle England with vapid empty policies that are entirely meaningless and are simply in place to placate the Right of Centre people that are convinced that illegal immigration is the biggest problem this country faces.

What this policy does is simply make it harder for poorer families to have relatives visit, and will not deter anyone that is going to stay illegally from doing so.
Old 18 December 2007, 10:33 AM
tonybooth
Scooby Regular

£1K is a bargain when I consider my fake passport was £3K and my 'fare' to get here was another £2K
Old 18 December 2007, 10:44 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

So you dont want ID cards or compulsary DNA because you dont trust the government to be able to run such a scheme, and be able to use such information responsibly.

Bur if your Mum isn;t from this country, and therefore bound to be an illegal immigrant, it's fine.

Can you see the inconsistancy in your approach?

The vast majority of people that travel to this country do come honestly. A small percentage don't. Who do you cater for, the majority, or the minority?

I'll tell you who - You cater for Middle England with vapid empty policies that are entirely meaningless and are simply in place to placate the Right of Centre people that are convinced that illegal immigration is the biggest problem this country faces.

What this policy does is simply make it harder for poorer families to have relatives visit, and will not deter anyone that is going to stay illegally from doing so.
Inconsistencies, really

"The vast majority of people that travel to this country do come honestly. A small percentage don't" - Do they Peter, do you have the figures to back this bold ststement up then? Please, please post them up for all to see.

As for middle England, i think you will find the likes of the BNP got into Bradford, hardly 'middle England' territiorty now is it Peter, why did they get in, because of a lack of intergration and poor immigration policies. I hate the BNP and what they stand for but they start to win in situation created by weak minded politicians.
Or maybe everyone inb Bradford is a racist or too thick to know what is best for them!

My partners mother, born in the north, bought up working class, labour supporter all her life - not exactly a right winger is sick and tired of this countries immigration policies, i doubt she is alone in this, middle England , peter, i think you will find this runs a lot deeper!

Yet Peter, you fail to add any constuctive comments on the best way forward other than to knock what you do not like.

Last edited by The Zohan; 18 December 2007 at 10:49 AM.
Old 18 December 2007, 10:45 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Wink

Originally Posted by EvilBevel
Oh, and Suresh, would you be so kind to stop polluting my country and go back to where ever you came from.
Leave him alone, he's doing his best to integrate in the region. Vlaams Blok have a majority, no?
Old 18 December 2007, 10:48 AM
Santas Elf
Scooby Regular

Who here actually 'likes' their mother inlaw, or for that case any of their inlaws?

Strikes me as strange why they, or anyone for that matter, would want them (the inlaws) to even stay longer than a couple of weeks anyway!!

Quick Reply: For those of you with "foreign" wives or family...