Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

what snowboard?

Search this Thread

Old 13 December 2007, 07:27 PM
turbotimmy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what snowboard?

Just done 4 hours basic training and looking to get my first board, is there any you guys can recommend? cheers.
Old 13 December 2007, 08:05 PM
ScoTTyB
Scooby Regular

Yeah, a light one, cos it'll probably smack you on the head a few times. Donk, donk.
Old 13 December 2007, 09:18 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.

my first board was a options gt.good starter board
Old 13 December 2007, 09:54 PM
Vampire
Scooby Regular

My first board was a Burton Clash, it was nice to learn on but wasn't too floppy once I got to an intermediate level.
Old 14 December 2007, 08:51 AM
GrantyBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoTTyB
Yeah, a light one, cos it'll probably smack you on the head a few times. Donk, donk.
Ignore that. You need a board with a bit of weight to it to help with stability while you’re learning. The most important thing to get when buying your board is cool graphics so you can get all the snow bunnies…

Seriously look on eBay or the likes for a second hand decent board & bindings to get you going from one of the big names like Burton, K2, Salomon etc. Note if you get a Burton board only Burton bindings will fit on them due to these boards having a triangular mounting points as opposed to the regular square shape (it will make sense when you look at the board).
The reason I'm saying get a second hand board is because you’re a beginner so the board is going to get hammered if your ride here in Scotland and also while you’re learning abroad. You won’t bee good enough to dodge rocks, fences, skiers etc so the board is going to take a battering until you’re a Pro.
Plus with the money you save you can get a decent pair of boots. TAKE YOUR TIME WHEN BUYING YOUR NEW BOOTS. These are the most important part of your kit you'll be buying as they'll last longer than your board set up and if they are uncomfortable in anyway then its going to suck boarding big time. Nothing worse than boots too tight you can't feel your feet or too big so you get heel lift and kills your legs. Don't buy a pair of boots because they look the schnizzel (always a plus point though). Head into a local boarding shop and try on as many pairs of boots they have until you find the set that make and set that fits you best. Take your time with the boots, that’s the best piece of advice I can give a beginner.

If you have any other questions give me a shout.

Grant (8 seasons boarder)