Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Plastic ducting

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2007, 11:07 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic ducting

Does anybody know where I can get plastic ducting (solid rather than flexible), in particular I'm after an un-equal T, 2 arms with 110mm / 4" and 1 at 150mm / 6".
Old 11 December 2007, 11:13 AM
P20SPD
Drag it!

Try a local Jewson or PlumbCentre
Old 11 December 2007, 11:28 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P20SPD
Try a local Jewson or PlumbCentre
This is ducting for ventilation I am after rather than soil pipe. 100mm stuff is easy enough to find at the likes of Screwfix but 150mm isn't so easy. Hydroponics places seem to have 6" ventillation fans but not the 4" fittings and most of the 6" ducting seems to be spiral steel. If all else fails I'll go for an equal 150mm T and use step downs, but just wondered if there was exactly what i wanted out there.
Old 11 December 2007, 11:30 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Cant help you in that respect Olly but one of the larger building suppliers might be able to help. There is a big variety of piping etc available now.

Les
Old 11 December 2007, 11:45 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Cant help you in that respect Olly but one of the larger building suppliers might be able to help. There is a big variety of piping etc available now.

Les
Quite so, unfortunately not in the form that I want it would seem. Available in flexible ally or galvanised steel, but not plastic. I suppose galvanised would do, but it's for the extractor fan in the bathroom and it gets an awful lot of moisture through it. The original 4" fan and flexible hose actually filled with water due to the slight sagging nature of the pipe which obviously got worse as the condensation built up. So I'm trying to avoid fleible pipe if I can. I know galvanised should resist moisture, but I'm not sure how it would stand up over time.

I've upgraded to a high volume 6" fan, but the combined light / fan fitting in the shower is only 4", so my plan is to put in another 4" vent and connect to the fan via a T and add a timer delay to the fan as well. Yes I could go to a 6" light fitting, but I haven't been able to find those without the fan and with them they're rather pricey.
Old 12 December 2007, 12:28 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

There is a firm called OSMA who make drain covers, I have just fitted one to my septic tank. They make flexible plastic pipe in short sections which clip together to get the length you want. It means that there is a bit of corrugation in the pipe but not too bad. They do supply in the sort of diameter that you quote. It might work for you. I know Travis Perkins stock it if there is one near you.

Les
Old 12 December 2007, 01:37 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
There is a firm called OSMA who make drain covers, I have just fitted one to my septic tank. They make flexible plastic pipe in short sections which clip together to get the length you want. It means that there is a bit of corrugation in the pipe but not too bad. They do supply in the sort of diameter that you quote. It might work for you. I know Travis Perkins stock it if there is one near you.

Les
I think that's a product range from Wavin, I'll have a look, cheers