Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Rant, rage, Virgin Media, Rant!

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2007, 06:36 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Thumbs down Rant, rage, Virgin Media, Rant!

Phoned them last week as my TV keeps freezing, and I have horizontal lines on some channels, some of the time.

After spending AGES getting into the queue to speak to someone, (HOW many times do I need to tell them who I am, and how many different ways??? ), I finally got someone who arranged for an engineer to call on Saturday morning.

Waited in, finally phoned them to ask where my engineer was, only to be told, "Sorry, your engineer call has been cancelled".

Nice of them to let me know, but why didn't they ? Well because they don't have my phone number Strange that, since THEY provide the service

Anyway, booked another callout for today morning. Come 1230, no-one's been near, so I ring them again.

"Sorry your appointment might have been cancelled"

The daft foreign lass on the other end of the phone can't, or won't say who by, can't or won't say why, can't or won't say why they never let me know AGAIN, and refuses to let me speak to a supervisor, (there are none there....yeah, right!), and finally, REFUSES to put me through to customer services

Finally, I ring customer services myself, complain about the ruanaround, only to be told that my appointment was cancelled because my account number is wrong.

WHY is it wrong? "Because we changed it sir".

Fappin brilliant!!!

They WERE going to phone me to tell me what compensation they'd give me, but nowt so far, five hours later! Since then, the remote no longer controls the TV volume.

I did get a call from the local manager to arrange for an engineer to call tomorrow at MY convenience.

We shall see.

Anyone thinking of going with this lot, I'd think again!

Alcazar
Old 19 September 2007, 06:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turn it off and wait 5 mins. Then turn it on again.

Old 19 September 2007, 06:47 PM
what would scooby do
Scooby Senior

Ha - now you know why I boycott all Virgin products

I refer to that company as "Virgin on the ridiculess"

Last edited by what would scooby do; 19 September 2007 at 06:52 PM.
Old 19 September 2007, 06:52 PM
paul-s
Scooby Regular

get sky
Old 19 September 2007, 07:09 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

PM me if you want help sorting this. I will find out who cancelled your techs and why.
Old 19 September 2007, 07:41 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by pimmo2000
PM me if you want help sorting this. I will find out who cancelled your techs and why.
They are telling me that they were cancelled by the engineer as they were booked under the wrong account number, the one THEY changed, and didn't bother to tell me.

Alcazar
Old 19 September 2007, 08:08 PM
pimmo2000
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
They are telling me that they were cancelled by the engineer as they were booked under the wrong account number, the one THEY changed, and didn't bother to tell me.

Alcazar
Its possible that the advisor opened an old account.. for example if someone whom lived there before you had an account it would be the same address and account number apart from the last digit.. ie. 12345.01 12345.02 etc

BUT if they knew your name this is more than likely rubbish.

PM me the MAC address off the back of the modem and I'll find out. Or if your worried about me copying it : ) the MAC from your STB..

Your account number ?

anything really.
Old 19 September 2007, 08:44 PM
Tam the bam
R.I.P.

Originally Posted by what would scooby do
Ha - now you know why I boycott all Virgin products

I refer to that company as "Virgin on the ridiculess"
I Call them Turdgin, I too am also boycotting ALL Turdgin products due to the way I was treated.

8 weeks with a dreadful crackly phone line and 2 weeks with no phone at all is out of order, however after 7 service calls they managed to sort the problem.

When moving house they took the new addy and said we couldn't get their inferior service there and would put us down for cancellation for the date we moved out. But rather than put it as a months notice, they can canceled my account straight there and than, this was at the time when they had just pulled the plug on Sky 1 etc, unable to get through on the phone for 3 days to get the inferior service switched on , I then phoned BT and Sky and went back with them, tore out all the Turgen cabling etc (right down to where it entered the garden) and threw the TV box, modem etc into the garden for them to collect a month later

I eventually got through to them and I explained they'd cut me off a month early, they said they'd re connect me, I told em to pee off, she said they'd send me a cheque for the advance charges I'd paid, fine I said. They then sent a letter to my new address a fortnight before I moved in which turned out to be a bill for £20 for phone calls made in the previous month (the month where I had no Turdgin) Followed a week later by a Sheriff officers letter for the £20 I never did get my advance charges back, thieving scum!

If I were you I'd bin them ASAP, they are a shower of ****, I'll never use a Turdgin product again, I even just changed 5 mobile phones from Turdgen to 02.

Last edited by Tam the bam; 19 September 2007 at 08:51 PM.
Old 19 September 2007, 08:48 PM
Luminous
Scooby Regular

Virgin products....as the name suggests...they have still work out how to do it