Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Bahrain hotels 13-16 April

Search this Thread

Old 04 April 2007, 07:42 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahrain hotels 13-16 April

Anyone know of any hotels with rooms available that aren't £300+ a night?
We've been let down and have only managed to find a 3 star which is still an arm and a leg.
Have checked all the usual suspects on the web but 'cause the F1 is on they're all rammed full.
Need a room/rooms for 3 adults for the entire GP weekend.

Help
Old 04 April 2007, 10:41 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
Anyone know of any hotels with rooms available that aren't £300+ a night?
We've been let down and have only managed to find a 3 star which is still an arm and a leg.
Have checked all the usual suspects on the web but 'cause the F1 is on they're all rammed full.
Need a room/rooms for 3 adults for the entire GP weekend.

Help
if dubai can have 50 quid hotels im sure bahrain would

and try this and im shocked i always thought manama woz in panama didnt know it woz a bahraini city

Cheap Hotels Bahrain | Discount Hotels Bahrain | Budget Hotels Bahrain | Hotel Finder Bahrain | Cheap Hotel Bahrain | Discount Hotel Bahrain | Budget Hotel Bahrain
Old 04 April 2007, 10:53 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the link Moses, only 1 place came up on the search and it was £200 a night for 1 room!
Looks like they're all cashing in on the GP...
Old 04 April 2007, 11:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by bugeyeandy
Thanks for the link Moses, only 1 place came up on the search and it was £200 a night for 1 room!
Looks like they're all cashing in on the GP...
thats far too expensive mate, best get their and go tae a mosque and say u r a muslim can we stay here for a couple of days, take yer sleeping bag and it will be fine

thats whit we dae if we r living rough in pakistan for a wee day trip, theirs always a place in the mosque tae stay

theirs a lad called kylecook on the mlr, if u r a member pm him, he is fae english descent but born in bahrain, he is always up and doon, maybe he will help mate

cheers and all the best
Old 05 April 2007, 09:04 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Hi moses, it's me!

There are loads of little hotels scattered around the place which I'm sure you could get a room in. I think all the main ones are booked. I stayed in the Delmon last time...you could maybe phone for any cancellations?! alternatively you could just rent a car and sleep there for a few days

Are you going for all 3 days? I'm going out on the saturday and staying with a friend. I can't wait for the race!! one of my contacts out there is the minister of tourism...fingers crossed for pitlane/vip tickets
Old 05 April 2007, 09:44 AM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Hi, I am going for the 3 days. My flight back isn't until Wed morning so i've a bit of time after the racing has finished.
The hotel we have now was through a mate in Abu Dhabi and is one of the smaller ones. We'll probably just wing it and get something sorted when we get there, definitely not sleeping in a rental car though

We've got tickets for University grandstand, keep an eye out for me - i'll be the only one cheering for Coulthard!!
Old 05 April 2007, 02:02 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
Hi moses, it's me!

There are loads of little hotels scattered around the place which I'm sure you could get a room in. I think all the main ones are booked. I stayed in the Delmon last time...you could maybe phone for any cancellations?! alternatively you could just rent a car and sleep there for a few days

Are you going for all 3 days? I'm going out on the saturday and staying with a friend. I can't wait for the race!! one of my contacts out there is the minister of tourism...fingers crossed for pitlane/vip tickets
hi bros how r ya lol i didnt know u woz a member here, so nice tae hear fae u lol, as u know mate in the arabic and asian saying if someone remembers or mentions a persons name and he turns up, a few yrs is added in his life lol its a saying but its cool, nice one mate

thanks for helping oot

yer dad still working in bahrain, i thought u woz gonna move back last yr , all the best bros
Old 05 April 2007, 02:04 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

honestly like i said mosques r open 24hrs and if the imam is a true muslim , u ask him that u r a traveller and need a place tae stay if he refuses he aint dain his job, he should let u stay in the mosque for a few days if all fails

cheers
Old 05 April 2007, 02:05 PM
collierm
Scooby Regular

Why don't you stay in Saudi and drive across the Causeway. Its only 20 odd miles, taxi's are cheap as chips anyways. You can always go out on the **** in Bahrain and get a taxi back to the hotel on the mainland.

My Dad used to do that all the time when he worked there.

Cheers

Matt
Old 05 April 2007, 02:53 PM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by moses
hi bros how r ya lol i didnt know u woz a member here, so nice tae hear fae u lol, as u know mate in the arabic and asian saying if someone remembers or mentions a persons name and he turns up, a few yrs is added in his life lol its a saying but its cool, nice one mate

thanks for helping oot

yer dad still working in bahrain, i thought u woz gonna move back last yr , all the best bros

Hi moses, thanks, how's things? No, my dad is in the UK now....I've started a new business in Bahrain and have been travelling back and forth. The big move is the first week of may, but just going to the Grand Prix and to sort out my apartment over there. There are some really nice places being built...a very exciting time for Bahrain. I think Qatar are going the way of Dubai now too...loads of development throughout.

If you do ever find yourself over in Bahrain, give me a shout!
Old 06 April 2007, 03:45 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Kyl3cook
Hi moses, thanks, how's things? No, my dad is in the UK now....I've started a new business in Bahrain and have been travelling back and forth. The big move is the first week of may, but just going to the Grand Prix and to sort out my apartment over there. There are some really nice places being built...a very exciting time for Bahrain. I think Qatar are going the way of Dubai now too...loads of development throughout.

If you do ever find yourself over in Bahrain, give me a shout!

nice one bros, im glad u have, u did say that and u did it, well done

is it the same law as saudi, or is it mair like dubai, if u buy a property dae the arabs own some of it or can u buy it outright

its sad aint it, they can come and buy land and property here but we cant buy land full on up their, hypocrites arent they

cheers and all the best, u must luv the nice fancy supercars their
Old 06 April 2007, 03:45 PM
moses
BANNED
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by collierm
Why don't you stay in Saudi and drive across the Causeway. Its only 20 odd miles, taxi's are cheap as chips anyways. You can always go out on the **** in Bahrain and get a taxi back to the hotel on the mainland.

My Dad used to do that all the time when he worked there.

Cheers

Matt
u know if u become friendly wae the taxi drivers, chances r u can rent a room in their hoose
Old 18 April 2007, 08:07 PM
bugeyeandy
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the tips, fortunately I didn't need to resort to kipping in a Mosque or on a taxi drivers floor.
We rented an apartment after getting hold of the local rag and finding loads of them for short term rent. Place is a massive building site just like the Emirates so not too difficult to find somewhere once you're there.
GP was fantastic, grandstand seat for the whole 3 days was just £85 and there was free transport laid on from the capital Manama with pick ups from all the large hotels. Circuits like Silverstone could learn a lot from their approach - heavy police presence and road diversions meant no traffic problems at all.
Was disappointed Hamilton couldn't get to the top step but Massa is a likeable chap and was pleased to see him take the victory.