Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Carrington Street NCP Car Park - be careful!!

Search this Thread

Old 10 December 2001, 10:58 AM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

To anyone who has to use this car park, please be careful.

On Saturday night I went to a party (for mine and my girlfriends Birthdays) in London and could not find anywhere to park for 30 minutes - eventually found a NCP car park which turned out to be the smallest and most narrow car park ever built (i think it was an old lift shaft it was so narrow!).
Anyway, as i drove down the ramp everything was ok unitl i got to the first lower level and realised that i had to go through narrow archways to get into each parking section.

When trying to manoeuvre in reverse through an archway (with a girder in the way so that you had to turn into the archway and reverse through at an angle), I managed to scratch/dent the front offside wing of my baby. All i know is that i felt sick and gutted.

Please, please, please be careful if you ever have to park in this car park because although it was my own fault for not being ultra careful, unless you drive a Smart Car its a pain in the **** and for me, a pain in the wallet.

The moral of the story is DO NOT DRIVE ON YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! and watch out for this car park - its narrow.
Old 10 December 2001, 11:02 AM
mattski2
Scooby Regular

Angry

Nightmare Eliot, lovely car tho (*nice* growl when you pulled off last night from the garage...)
Old 10 December 2001, 11:16 AM
eliot
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

thanks mate,
the car is going in to my dealer at lunchtime to have my damage assessed - i'm dreading it!! - that will teach me to be more careful.
Thought your car was the dogs wotsits - I was offered one about 4 weeks after i bought mine - not sure what i would do now if I had the choice!!
Nice to have met you - if you are free on the weekends and fancy a drive, out on to some country roads or to a Scooby meet then let me know ( I know that my girlfriend will be pleased to get rid of me for a few hours!!). Either email me or put out a post on Scoobynet.
I'll let you know the cost of the damage when i have found out