Delivery's!!

Search this Thread

Old 30 January 2007, 07:49 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Delivery's!!

Don't you just love them??

Ordered my camera from Fotosense .... I waited in until 2pm today - nothing - so went out.

2:10pm a card gets dropped in - sorry we missed you!

Bloody hell ..........

I put a note on the dorr to drop at a neighbour (even gave the number) - they chose not to do that!!

So, ring them up - answerphone - hit the option for them (CITY LINK) to ring back - they haven't.

The cars says they will attempt tomorrow ................ but, what friggin time?!!

Does it go back to the depot and waits my pick up?

Royal Mail use my neighbour - why didn't they??????
Old 30 January 2007, 07:53 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Guess who I work for Pete
Old 30 January 2007, 08:31 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO?

So, why would the driver not leave it with a neighbour??

He would be willing to sign for it!!

There is a sign on the friggin door saying which house!!
Old 30 January 2007, 08:36 PM
bootsy
Scooby Regular

Location: Empty your mind. Be formless, shapeless. Like water.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe the driver got a scoob with a cocklink and you slagged him on here for it
Old 30 January 2007, 08:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Hmmmmm, I doubt he would give a **** .... why would he?
Old 30 January 2007, 08:40 PM
DocJock
Scooby Regular

Maybe the driver couldn't understand your note because of the unnecessary apostrophes and the spelling mistakes...
Old 30 January 2007, 08:43 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Deliveries, soft-lad.

Trending Topics

Old 30 January 2007, 08:48 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Tricky one that Pete.

Having not been the driver in question I can't say whether the sender has specified anything.

This could be one of many things, Consignee Only, Deliver to Stated Address Only, Check I.D., Do Not Leave Safe/Neighbour, Card if Out, etc etc.

The driver has to comply with these delivery instructions - or face disciplinary action. Also if the driver doesn't adhere to them, the sender can make a claim against City Link IIRC.

I've worked for them for nearly four years now, and I know from some consignment numbers who the sender is, and for instance I'll never leave something from the Carphone Warehouse with a neighbour, regardless of notes on door etc. Fair enough, you know your neighbour is trustworthy, but, I don't. D.T.A - Don't Trust Anybody

Hope this helps a bit, any more questions feel free to ask and I'll try and help. Although I would find it humorous to let you sweat about it

Micky
Old 30 January 2007, 09:24 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

****ty link are **** IMO (No offense to employees)

they have several times done the card thru the door trick on the day of delivery, I've been in and waiting or someone else has for me - so why do they not ring the doorbell??

It's happened to several of my mates who live in the Wallington area - i am starting to think they can't get the parcels thru thier network quick enough to keep thier guarantees so they send the van without the item and then use 'you were out' as a way out of it...

I may be totally wrong but given the fact it's happened to me time and time again, and to my mates I can't see any other logical reason for them to come all the way out and then not knock / ring the bells.

Rant on hold
Old 30 January 2007, 09:28 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Told ya!!!!!!

god your soooooooo predictable lewis

and the next thread will be

either

it dosent work, or its damaged , or its the wrong one..

i'm off down the bookies for a tricast

mart
Old 30 January 2007, 09:32 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I had an attempted delivery card dropped through my door from Citylink a while back, it gave me the option to collect it from their local depot the same day after 5.00pm. The depot had late opening until 8.00pm.

I agree though, I hate waiting in for deliveries.
Old 30 January 2007, 09:40 PM
Spec'c'57
Scooby Regular

Last time i was waiting for a delivery i had the very same thing altho didnt even get a card.... sat indoors all day waiting and HAD to pop out for 5 mins to collect another item before midday (not my idea BTW) when i return still nothing so wait again, gets to 5pm so i phone the shop in question and they say call TNT with the reference, call and they say they triedx to deliver it @11am... so i sat in ALL day long waiting for nothing..... so ok i want to collect my item ASAP.. sorry sir the branch is now closed call again 2moro... a few phone calls to friends and it comes clear that TNT branches are open 24hrs for collections.... why dont the call centre tell you this???
Old 30 January 2007, 09:45 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

I can get home from work in 5 minutes ........... they should give the option of them ringing you 20 minutes (say) before they get to your door??
Old 30 January 2007, 09:56 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
I can get home from work in 5 minutes ........... they should give the option of them ringing you 20 minutes (say) before they get to your door??
I have thought about this too, would be a handy option.
Old 30 January 2007, 10:06 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

That would be an option if they supplied a company phone with which you could ring more that the 2 pre-set control numbers. I sure as hell ain't using my own phone.

Had a delivery today, delivery instructions were: Any probs please phone cust. OK, except there wasn't a fcukin phone number.

There's a load of dumb **** like that, from the sender, no house number etc. I deliver to the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, in Gateshead, and get deliveries addressed to , Joe Bloggs etc, QEH, Gateshead. FFS there roughly 3000 people work there and then patients can be added to that number. How the **** do sender's expect stuff to be delivered.
Old 30 January 2007, 10:24 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Originally Posted by riiidaa
****ty link are **** IMO (No offense to employees)

they have several times done the card thru the door trick on the day of delivery, I've been in and waiting or someone else has for me - so why do they not ring the doorbell??

It's happened to several of my mates who live in the Wallington area - i am starting to think they can't get the parcels thru thier network quick enough to keep thier guarantees so they send the van without the item and then use 'you were out' as a way out of it...

I may be totally wrong but given the fact it's happened to me time and time again, and to my mates I can't see any other logical reason for them to come all the way out and then not knock / ring the bells.

Rant on hold
Yeah yeah. Heard that bull**** many time's. "I've never left the house" - go back and there's a car on the drive when there wasn't when I left the card. "I was busy hoovering" - tough ****. "The doorbell doesn't work" - Yeah but my fookin fist did when I brayed on your door but you weren't in to answer it.

Liars IMO.

As Pete said, he had went out. If people feel the need to turn this into a criticise City Link thread, feel free, I as a driver for them can only state what should be done in a situation, unless people are bitching about stuff on Tyneside, then I may be able to get something done about it.

Not too long ago a user of ScoobyNet, (Sure he won't mind me mentioning it - J555HKS) sent me a PM asking if I'd be able to pick his parcel up for him. His parents live near my mams, he doesnt. I shouldn't have done it because I could get sacked for it but I did. I know him, he supplied the consignment number off the card he'd received. Is that right or wrong?

I'll try my best to help out if I can, but don't turn this into slating.

Fair enough, at the branch I work for, there's more than our fair share of lazy f'kers and it really pisses me off that I end up having to take the brunt of complaints about non delivered items.

Micky.

Also, not sure how all branches work, but Newcastle does this; If on a morning when a driver has finished loading their van, they download their scanner, and then, once downloaded, are printed off a "Stop-It" sheet. This list's relevant info, cons num, weight, address, among other things which MUST be filled in after looking in the depot for missing parcels.

Parcel/s may have been mis-allocated, placed in wrong cage during sorting. They may also have been Mis-sorted - sent to wrong branch. Also just plain non-arrivals.

We, (Drivers), have to check the depot, failed cage and with other drivers with similar route numbers for the parcels we are missing. Until we have done that we can't have our run released and get out on the road.

Last edited by mickywrx; 30 January 2007 at 10:35 PM.
Old 31 January 2007, 08:17 AM
///\oo/\\\
Scooby Regular

Location: Infractions - Scoobynet's version of the "scamera" van

Have you tried ringing them for an ETA?

Works every time for me - just ask for a contact number.

Its not rocket science pete (simon?)
Old 31 January 2007, 08:36 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ///\oo/\\\
Have you tried ringing them for an ETA?

Works every time for me - just ask for a contact number.

Its not rocket science pete (simon?)
Simon???

Rang them, answerphone, asked them to ring me back - they didn't!
Old 31 January 2007, 08:48 AM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mart360
Told ya!!!!!!

god your soooooooo predictable lewis

and the next thread will be

either

it dosent work, or its damaged , or its the wrong one..

i'm off down the bookies for a tricast

mart
Oi,

Get in the queue!

Come on Pete, change the record!
Old 31 January 2007, 09:05 AM
Mrs ESC
Scooby Regular

Location: Loving the ESC FAMILY thing. F*CK the TROUBLE MAKERS :D

Royal Mail use my neighbour - why didn't they??????
good old Royal mail at least if the item is sent by special Delivery it has to be with you by 1pm.
People moan all the time about them, but its cheeper than most and if your not in the item goes to the local delivery office and not somewhere 10 miles away, so you can pick it up when you are ready and dont have to wait around for it on another day.

19 years now in the job

Last edited by Mrs ESC; 31 January 2007 at 09:08 AM.
Old 31 January 2007, 11:59 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Surely the rules are that they have to deliver to the address personally and get a signature to say that the item arrived in good condition. He cant risk leaving it with a neighbour unles you stipulated that in your delivery instructions.

You just have to put yourself in his shoes PSL. If you can't be there to accept it then you have to make sure that there is somone else who can on your behalf.

Les
Old 31 January 2007, 12:30 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Well, City Link bloody well turned up at 11am and no-one in ......

I put another note on the door, signed, stating to leave with a neighbour ..... still didn't

FFS Royal Mail do .... and they leave it at the local depot!!

Amazon use Royal Mail and its easy to get the parcel ..... FOTOSENSE - NO BLOODY SENSE!!!!!!

Won't be using them again ............ means I have to drive 10 miles to collect - hardly free delivery!!

Yes, I know he is under instructions ..............................
Old 31 January 2007, 12:31 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

maybe your spelling was as bad as your thread title, and therefore the driver misread your instruction of "deliver it to the neighbour" for "I am a tw@t and I am not currently in even though I was expecting you and I had a day of work especially, therefore please be kind enough to take said parcel back to your depot"

Bugger, just realised GC8 had corrected you on that but I already typed this so it stays.
Old 31 January 2007, 12:34 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jaytc2003
Blah, Blah, Bollox, Crap, Drivel, Blah, Blah
Take a day off?? Are you mad?? Lose £350 to wait in for a delivery - I don't think so!!
Old 31 January 2007, 12:35 PM
j4ckos mate
Scooby Regular

i work in the freight industry
we have consigments coming all the way from egypt theu two customs authorities trucked twice, and the customers says things like between 1-2pm delivery please,
they dont realise thir one parcel off ebay once a year isnt as importand as big parts supplier with a regular pick up
Old 31 January 2007, 12:38 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

My ONE parcel SHOULD be as important to them ...................

I would think the Chief executive would state that EVERY parcel is important!!
Old 31 January 2007, 12:50 PM
///\oo/\\\
Scooby Regular

Location: Infractions - Scoobynet's version of the "scamera" van

Take a day off?? Are you mad?? Lose £350 to wait in for a delivery - I don't think so!!
edit - actually - only 350 a day? You useless ****. No wonder you buy cheap ****e of the internet and can't get it delivered when you want

Last edited by ///\oo/\\\; 31 January 2007 at 12:53 PM.
Old 31 January 2007, 12:58 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ///\oo/\\\
edit - actually - only 350 a day? You useless ****. No wonder you buy cheap ****e of the internet and can't get it delivered when you want
NET
Old 31 January 2007, 02:30 PM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Pete,

City-Link will only follow delivery instructions passed on from the sender (to stop fraud).

If it were likely that you were going to be out - why didn't you tell the supplier your delivery instructions? - Then the liability would shift from the courier to you should it go missing etc.

Your sender should have informed you about the delivery instructions & likely times of delivery - as it happens there is naff all on their site:

7. Delivery
Orders received by 3pm are normally dispatched the same day for next day delivery (weekends incur extra charge). We guarantee all orders will be received within 30 days. If FotoSENSE cannot delivery within 30 days you will be notified immediately to arrange another time for delivery, or if you would prefer, to cancel your order. For a complete explanation of delivery charges please see delivery details page.
Try this number for City-link: 01494 768090 - that usually puts you through to a human.

We send over 200 parcels a day. We've used:

Royal Mail & Parcel force
Securicor
City-Link
Tufnells
Parcel Line
and a few more . . .

By far the best (for small parcels, on a next-day) in terms of cost, delivery, tracking & reliability is City-Link.

So in short - don't blame the courier - blame the sender for not providing any information!
Old 31 January 2007, 03:22 PM
Coffin Dodger
Scooby Regular

He he!

They'll be playing football with your package at the local depot now

Good luck going to pick it up. It's always been a bit of a struggle for them when I've had to do it.... i.e. "we don't know where it is at the moment, may still be loaded onto a van", "probably been returned to the sender", etc.

Still you deserve it to reward your stupidity. Fancy ordering something off the 'net and then not being around to collect when the courier arrives. Couldn't you get them to deliver it to you at work? I do!

Quick Reply: Delivery's!!