Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

In a spot of trouble - Anyone got spare Genesis tickets?

Search this Thread

Old 29 January 2007, 10:37 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In a spot of trouble - Anyone got spare Genesis tickets?

We're trying to arrange our wedding, and unfortunately have picked the 7/7/07 for the date - when, unfortunately, some family members have tickets for Genesis in Manchester.

Ideally I'm looking for a way to buy a pair of Twickenham tickets, for the 8th, and sell their Manchester tickets (probably on their behalf, somehow - eBay or swap with someone, or something)....

... anyway, I'm willing to take a hit on the cost - up to a reasonable amount - but am looking for a way to SAFELY get my hands on a pair of Twickenham tickets so that we can continue to book everything for our wedding on the 7th.

What I don't want to do is buy from some eBay ******, who disappears into thin air with my 'tickets' and cash, and I never receive them.... and then have my wedding firmly booked for the 7th and end up in a whole pile of smelly stuff.....

Can anyone help... at all... any ideas?

Any and all help much appreciated....

Shades & Mrs Shades (to be)
Old 30 January 2007, 12:51 AM
Freak
Scooby Regular

I would normally possibly consider it if the price was right, but I am flying back from NY on the night of the 7th, so I wont be able to make the manc gig as replacement (I am taking my dad to the show!!!! ) so I can't help in that respect sorry.

Good luck- I got £400+ per pair for the 4 I sold on ebay..... but they are third row from stage in the front block on the pitch
Crazy money, and they sold in minutes. You should get reasonable money for the manc tickets on ebay if they are half decent seats and can then buy a pair of twick ones for similar cash
I will see if I can find any reputable twick ones left for you... it is definitely the better of the two shows

Last edited by Freak; 30 January 2007 at 01:05 AM.
Old 30 January 2007, 07:17 AM
ScoobyDoo555
Scooby Regular

Best of luck - can't help with any tickets, but personally I wouldn't be bending over backwards to accomodate family if they've got other commitments......
This is meant nicely, so please take my comments in the good nature in which they are intended, but remember, it's your day. If peeps can't make it, they'll see the photographs and the video......

Hope it all works out though

DAn
Old 30 January 2007, 08:30 AM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555
Best of luck - can't help with any tickets, but personally I wouldn't be bending over backwards to accomodate family if they've got other commitments......
This is meant nicely, so please take my comments in the good nature in which they are intended, but remember, it's your day. If peeps can't make it, they'll see the photographs and the video......

DAn
More distant family, and yes, I'd agree...

This is a brother and his wife though, who were bought the tickets as a gift - and are far from well off, so can't normally afford such excesses!!
Old 30 January 2007, 09:22 AM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ScoobyDoo555

DAn

But can they rely on the photos?

Last edited by Freelance Badger; 30 January 2007 at 09:24 AM. Reason: needed to change to make more sense
Old 30 January 2007, 10:02 AM
philc
Scooby Regular

stick with the wedding date! 7/7/7 is so easy to remember. When the genesis concert is a vague memory you will be expected to remember your wedding anniversary - and 7/7/7 is a no-brainer to remember.

Anyways it worked for me (got married on 7/7/79 and never forgot an anniversary )
Old 30 January 2007, 10:04 AM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Yeah, scrap the photos idea - FB is doing them, and he'll be spending the whole day looking for suitable 'locations', getting 'panning shots' of passing cars, lorries, girls, etc. and looking for suitable smooth objects to attach his 'stick on' stuff to....
Old 30 January 2007, 10:12 AM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrShades
Yeah, scrap the photos idea - FB is doing them, and he'll be spending the whole day looking for suitable 'locations', getting 'panning shots' of passing cars, lorries, girls, etc. and looking for suitable smooth objects to attach his 'stick on' stuff to....
And don't forget the water splash action shots....
Old 30 January 2007, 12:05 PM
Scooby Snacks 23
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MrShades
We're trying to arrange our wedding, and unfortunately have picked the 7/7/07 for the date
My sister's getting married the same day - it's a cool date
Old 30 January 2007, 12:14 PM
Freelance Badger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks 23
My sister's getting married the same day - it's a cool date
Yup - it's my birthday!!!!
Old 30 January 2007, 05:13 PM
MrShades
Scooby Regular

Just paid £170 for a pair of tickets for Sunday 8th on eBay - from someone with good feedback and a history of flogging gig tickets.

Hopefully it'll all be OK.... and I can flog the Manchester tickets to help make up (or even exceed!) my current outlay.

Not sure whether to advertise the Manc tickets now, or when I have them in hand - and it's a week to the event.... Hmmmm....

Thanks for all good comments and advice....