Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ebay - Nigerian wind up again...

Search this Thread

Old 02 October 2006, 05:40 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay - Nigerian wind up again...

See email from successful buyer..

Dear Seller,
My name is Jeff Thomas,am from usa but purposely in Korea for the general meeting that we be taking place at (W.H.O) branch office in Pattaya, i saw your item place at ebay,i want to no maybe the item is in normal condition and to hear from you the total cost of the item okay.am not sending this item to Usa am sending it to Lagos Nigeria i will be very glad if u can ship to Lagos Nigeria,so caculate the total amount of the item with the shipping cost to Lagos Nigeria so that i will be able to send the payment to you.when u are notified the payment u can be able to send the item to my In-Law immediately in Lagos Nigeria.And i will be paying you via PayPal Secure Online Payment,i will need your full name and paypal email account.so that there will not be any mistake of Payment when its shall be delivered to u.tell me one out of the two payment so that i can arrange for the payment Kindly reply to my email asap so that we can sort it and the item can get to my In-Law before next week.Plz kindly i want the item to be sihpped via(Royal Mail Express First Class) shipping to Nigeria i dont worry about the shipping cost to Lagos Nigeria,So i will be waiting to know all the total cost of this item with the shipping to my In-Law in lagos nigeria. thanks...Best Regard

And my reply so far..

Jeff,

This is a real stroke of luck as I have recently started work in Nigeria and will be traveling through Lagos on a regular basis. Please let me have the name and address of your in-law and I’ll deliver the item personally. Please ensure they have the money available in US dollars or GBP. My next trip is in one weeks time, arriving in Lagos Monday 10th Oct and I’m at the Tivoli Hotel for 2 nights. I travel back through Lagos one week later again.

Regards

Sergeant Major Kevin Jamieson

Old 02 October 2006, 06:24 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

You forgot to mention that you will be on secondment to the Nigerian Fraud Squad from Scotland Yard
Old 02 October 2006, 07:37 PM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

You should really head on over to www.thescambaiter.com to pick up some tips - some of the threads there are the funniest things I've ever read anywhere. (***** enlargement cream made from chili sauce, anyone? )
Old 02 October 2006, 10:40 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

We'll see if the **** replies
Old 02 October 2006, 11:26 PM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Ask Jeff does he go by the name of Pinky, or pinkcross, or pinkcross20 or suddenly change sex and become sarah thomas

I have them both on MSN, and I have such a laugh with them, long story but keeping them stringing along is so funny

last count I told them I couldnt be bothered re-posting the 300K worth of cheques they had sent over, and was cashing them in for myself
Old 03 October 2006, 09:46 PM
Kevin Groat
Scooby Regular

The saga continues - spoof email arrived from paypal saying he paid for the item (it's a phone..)

His reply...

Thanks for ur Co-operation.i dont think u would bring the phone urself bec my in-law is traveling on Oct 4 or 5 so i want u to send it before then.so i made out my payment so check ur paypal email account for confirmation from paypal.but if u havent receive the confirmation plz tell me so that i can contact them.if u have received the confirmation kindly send the item to my In-Law in Lagos Nigeria today.u must send the shippment tracking number to (pay.palpayaccount@accountant.com) for shippment verification and dont forget to send the shippment tracking number to me.here is my In-Law address..

Name: Mr Bola
Address: 42 oshikomaya street,
City: Ketu
State:Lagos
Zip code:23401

Thanks

Jeff

And my response..

Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. I received the message from your paypal, many thanks for the payment.

It’s a shame your in-law won’t be at home when I pass through Lagos it would have been so much simpler. Coincidently my in-laws are also traveling on the 4 and 5th October, wouldn’t it be strange if they traveled to the same destination – your in-laws aren’t heading to Clitoris in the Mediterranean are they?, I hear it can be a good crack near there.

I note from your original message you are a US citizen, what part of the ‘good old US of A’ do you hail from? I was wondering if this was the reason for your strange spelling of the word ‘shipment’ I note you spell it with two p’s and was wondering if this was maybe some strange US spelling from the deep south.

I did have an uncle in America but he was unfortunately killed in the terrorist attacks in New York. He was a busker, he used to do a one-man band routine playing hits from the 70’s just outside the south tower. His specialty was Queen songs, but with his bad asthma he struggled doing Bohemian Rhapsody, eventually when his right leg was replaced with a wooden one (tragic accident involving a drunk Elvis impersonator on a golf cart) he had to abandon this classic tune. A witness reported he was half way through ‘Another one bites the dust’ when the tower collapsed and he was never seen again – quite ironic really.

I hope your trip to the general meeting is going well. Your commitment to the W.H.O must be applauded, I really can’t think of many people who would be prepared to commute from Korea to Pattaya, you must find this tiring – how is the fight against drug resistant TB going these days?

You’ll be glad to know I have now parceled the starter motor. I still find it astonishing that someone in Nigeria also has a 1954 Volvo PV444, I hope it’s just what you need.

It’s very unlikely that the starter motor will reach you by the 4th or 5th October. I had hoped to post it tomorrow but I’ve just had a phone call from my surgeon, I’m on a waiting list for a sex change and apparently a matching donor has just been found and I need to go in for some urgent tests. Be assured though, I will post this item as soon as I can.
Old 03 October 2006, 09:52 PM
5cby
Scooby Regular

very funny stuff this
Old 03 October 2006, 09:54 PM
hojkoff
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kevin Groat
I did have an uncle in America but he was unfortunately killed in the terrorist attacks in New York. He was a busker, he used to do a one-man band routine playing hits from the 70’s just outside the south tower. His specialty was Queen songs, but with his bad asthma he struggled doing Bohemian Rhapsody, eventually when his right leg was replaced with a wooden one (tragic accident involving a drunk Elvis impersonator on a golf cart) he had to abandon this classic tune. A witness reported he was half way through ‘Another one bites the dust’ when the tower collapsed and he was never seen again – quite ironic really.
HA HA HA!

I actually laughed out loud pretty vigorously at that. Hilarious!
Old 03 October 2006, 10:56 PM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Getting utterly fooked off with ebay now. I get 5 or 6 scam mails a day. and have to cancel bid after bid from 0 rated or private feedback users. And what do ebay do, fu ck all
Old 03 October 2006, 11:02 PM
106rallye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by kingofturds
Getting utterly fooked off with ebay now. I get 5 or 6 scam mails a day. and have to cancel bid after bid from 0 rated or private feedback users. And what do ebay do, fu ck all
me too esp when you have loads of legit buyers wanting it - to be out bid by someone who then sends you an email stating -

I know you said you wouldn't ship outside the UK but....

is really starting to annoy me

anyone want a lg chocolate phone ;-)

Andy
Old 04 October 2006, 12:22 AM
Alas
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 106rallye

I know you said you wouldn't ship outside the UK but....

is really starting to annoy me

anyone want a lg chocolate phone ;-)

Andy
Yep I'm interested. Do you ship to Nigeria
Old 04 October 2006, 08:31 AM
Nido
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AndyC_772
You should really head on over to www.thescambaiter.com to pick up some tips - some of the threads there are the funniest things I've ever read anywhere. (***** enlargement cream made from chili sauce, anyone? )
This is brilliant!!!!

Get the scammers to pay shipping costs of $30k on broken washing machines, fridges, bricks etc

All thier poor hard scammed cash going down the tube (they can't pay with dodgy cheque / card for DHL in Nigeria for obvious reasons...)

And not only that - but get them do stupid things during the transactions...

Class! The thread in question baiting this scammer goes on for over 5,000 posts It's called "Cole v2.0"
Old 04 October 2006, 08:34 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Have you heard the audio too? I swear, one of the funniest things I've ever heard is "Butch Driveshaft" yelling down the phone,

"Why the f**k would I send you a washing machine? I sell ANUS LAPTOPS!"
Old 04 October 2006, 08:35 AM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out www.419eater.com quality scambaiting
Old 04 October 2006, 10:03 AM
AndyC_772
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Nido
And not only that - but get them do stupid things during the transactions...
The bucket is funny... but the Eagle Ceremony is funnier