Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Golfers.... Recomend me some irons to try...

Search this Thread

Old 15 September 2006, 02:18 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Golfers.... Recomend me some irons to try...

Im currently a 12hc. i was looking to be off singles by the end of the season but couldnt play as often as i want. am going to hit the range almost every day if i can in the winter and am looking to purchase some new irons now in order to be hitting the ball like a single figure player by new season. currently got oversize irons with a slight offset. i had these since day 1 and are doing nothing for me in terms of improving my game so am looking to get something more for the better golfers.

just want some recomendations...
Old 15 September 2006, 03:09 PM
Rioja
Scooby Regular

If your looking for 'pro' clubs to control ball flight, you have to go for a name-brand. I think Mizuno and Titliest have excellent ranges, and I think the MP32's might be my next move (hc11). I'm currently using TaylorMade 320's, but don't like the feel of their latest clubs. Almost all the manufacturers offer a free fitting service, which is usefull if your anything other than totally average!

Best of luck with the HC. PS; get some chipping and putting practice, lowers your score like nothing else
Old 15 September 2006, 03:51 PM
B9GLY
Scooby Regular

I would say have a look at the callaway X-18's and the X-tours, they will custom fit for free and they hit the ball very well and yet you also get very good forgiveness on miss-hits!
Old 15 September 2006, 04:27 PM
hoskib
Scooby Regular

if you've got a half decent set of sticks don't bother changing them. get some lessons from a good pro and he'll get you dipping into single figures.

if you're off 12 i guess you've got a reasonable swing and a few tweeks on that should knock a couple off.

but if your heart is set on new irons i don't think you can go far wrong with mizuno, but again get a pro's recomendation. i've seen it loads of times people buying this and that coz it looks good or feels nice swinging it in a shop, but in reality is totally wrong for their game
Old 15 September 2006, 04:59 PM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

i know mizuno are like no1 in europe but i just dont fancy any of theirs. il give the 32's a try but their 17's and alike just apear to chunky. same with callaways, too big.

i will be getting them custom fit.

i fancyd a set of clevelands but only their blade set are forged and have heard that non forged irons are difficult to shape when custom fitting. e.g they crack.

like the look of the new bridgestone irons, j33, like half cavity/blade but cant find where to try them
Old 15 September 2006, 05:46 PM
FlightMan
Scooby Regular

Callaways Pro Series aren' too big, beacause they're the PRO series. Non of the oversize and offset for hight handicappers malarky. + Life-time warranty as well. My old Big Bertha 3 wood head snapped off where it meets the shaft. Free replacement shaft and fitted as well.

As for getting your handicap down: Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting,Chipping and putting,Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting, Chipping and putting.

Are we clear?
Old 18 September 2006, 12:01 AM
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FlightMan
Are we clear?
we are...

its just an **** on in winter init.

im looking at buying the titleist 735 cm's. i like the fact that the shorter irons are blade like and the long irons cavity.
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Are we clear?
we are...

im looking at buying the titleist 735 cm's. i like the fact that the shorter irons are blade like and the long irons cavity.
C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Are we clear?
we are...

C2forWRX
Scooby Regular

Are we clear?
we are...

Old 18 September 2006, 12:05 AM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Recomend me some irons to try...
I'll recommend one - how about a red hot flat iron straight in your butt you boring dumb assed f*ckwit....
Old 18 September 2006, 06:29 PM
simpsons !
Scooby Regular

Location: A Yorkshireman living in Lancashire, Recruiting for the War of the Roses part deux!

Originally Posted by unclebuck
I'll recommend one - how about a red hot flat iron straight in your butt you boring dumb assed f*ckwit....
Steady on old boy!

I've been told that golf is the only sport where the pro's have lessons all the time but us mere mortals have one or two a year! There could be something in that
Old 18 September 2006, 07:15 PM
Longjing
Scooby Regular

It's a very subjective thing I reckon... you've got to try a few and see what feels good. Personally I've never got on with Callaway irons and had a couple of lovely sets of Clevelands. I figured the wedges were so good it was worth trying the irons, and I loved them. CG4s for me now but you might try the CG1s. Good enough for Vijay

You've got to like them though. Golf's hard enough as it is.