Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

need to lose weight quick

Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2006, 11:59 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need to lose weight quick

I need to lose some weight quite quick as i go on holiday in 5 weeks. I am 15 st and would like to be 14.5. I am 21 years old if this helps.

I only really like basic plain foods . I dont eat salads at all.

I dont mind doing some exercise, any ideas. ?

Are them slim fast shakes any good ?
Old 03 July 2006, 12:00 AM
Lee247
SN Fairy Godmother

No bread or spuds
Good luck
Old 03 July 2006, 12:31 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Speed walk an hour a day - up hills if possible.

trust me it'll drop off.

(coming from a fat bloater who should heed his own advice)
Old 03 July 2006, 12:43 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Go to the docs and say "im gonna do myself in because im fat"

He will give you Xenical...Its great......just watch out for being in a wide open space when you need a poo

Comin from someone who went from 21 st to 14 in 9 months!!!

Last edited by fatscoobyfella; 03 July 2006 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03 July 2006, 01:01 AM
hades
Scooby Regular

2 lbs a week is a sensible, sustainable weight loss, so 7lbs in 5 weeks shouldn't be too big a problem.

Ideally, look at your diet and change it to more healthy options. If you don't want to change what you eat, just eat less of it, or at least less of the bad things (crisps, cakes or whatever - you'll know the fattening things you eat). Throw in some good exercise, and you'll easily meet your target.

By good exercise I mean at the right kind of heart rate - probably worth investing in a heart monitor (reasonable ones are only £30, you probably don't need one with more features). Exercise in your 60-70% heart rate zone - for someone at 21 who I assume is not all that fit (?) that's probably about 145-155 bpm ish - and for decent periods, ideally best part of an hour a day several times a week. You shouldn't find exercise at that rate to be overly knackering, it's trying less hard than you might think but is god a t burning fat

Speed walking up hills is fine, if you enjoy it. If you don't, find something you do enjoy or at least don't dislike - cycling, swimming, jogging, whatever. I often use a rowing machine, pointed at a television with cordless headphones, much healthier than vegging out watching a film, and means that my typical 45-60 minutes sessions aren't really that much of a bore as you just row for half a film / two episodes of the Simpsons or whatever you like to watch!
Old 03 July 2006, 01:11 AM
The Chief
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
Go to the docs and say "im gonna do myself in because im fat"

He will give you Xenical...Its great......just watch out for being in a wide open space when you need a poo

Comin from someone who went from 21 st to 14 in 9 months!!!

You need to change your username then mate

wtf is Xenical anyway - does it make you s*** a lot????
Old 03 July 2006, 01:17 AM
wwp8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief

it is dangerous to the backside when i had it
Old 03 July 2006, 08:26 AM
fatscoobyfella
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by The Chief

That is possibly the biggest understatment i have heard this year

It bypasses all the fat you ingest straight to your bowel..The scene in the toilet after you have finished is like an explosion in a tangerine factory.!!!

They work if ya can put up with them,but lets say,when you need to go,you gotta go!!!You have no choice in the matter!
Old 03 July 2006, 08:44 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wwp8
it is dangerous to the backside when i had it
What **** danger in the same way the being queer is?

:O:O
Old 03 July 2006, 09:15 AM
kingofturds
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Catch the mumps , I went from 12 1/2 stone to just over 11 in a fortnight. not the most pleasent thing to have when you are 23 though.
Old 03 July 2006, 10:29 AM
jonathan100
Scooby Regular

The best thing you could is run. run for half an hour 3-4 times a week get your hear reate above 140bpm and you should easaly shift 7lbs in that time. drink sh** loads of water as well 2+lts a day. Or if you have acses to a gym still do the running but 3 times a week do some weights but go for low weights and hi reps.
Old 03 July 2006, 11:02 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

As has been said. Excercise (join a gym) 4 or 5 times a week aiming for over 30mins cardio per session, and just eat relatively healthy....if you stick to it, you could lose over a stone in 5 weeks.
Old 03 July 2006, 02:16 PM
Bartop
Scooby Regular

Amputation ?
Old 03 July 2006, 02:20 PM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Spend a weekend outside doing hard manual labour in the current weather conditions, I lost 7lbs this weekend.

Expect it will all be back on in a day or 2 as I get the fluids topped back up again
Old 03 July 2006, 02:52 PM
middxsti
Scooby Regular

Liposuction
Old 03 July 2006, 03:30 PM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

sex - and lots of it
Old 03 July 2006, 03:39 PM
EP82
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by fatscoobyfella
That is possibly the biggest understatment i have heard this year

It bypasses all the fat you ingest straight to your bowel..The scene in the toilet after you have finished is like an explosion in a tangerine factory.!!!

They work if ya can put up with them,but lets say,when you need to go,you gotta go!!!You have no choice in the matter!
I think someone is on this at work, the state ALL of the office toilets are in is disgusting. Never seen anything like it!
Old 03 July 2006, 04:15 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

LMAO i used them tablets years ago it was like grease on top of your poo it was minging. Just cut down on the amount of fat that your taking into your body swap coffee for decafinated tea
Old 03 July 2006, 04:19 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

i lost a stone in 5 days three weeks ago. prob not the best idea, but in my defence i did have food poisening
Old 03 July 2006, 07:46 PM
vallumlj
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the ideas. I have just been for a 30 min run i am going to try and do that 4 times a week and eat a bit better. I will also try and do some weights. I will let you no how i am doing in a couple of weeks.
Old 03 July 2006, 10:11 PM
amazinggrace
Super Muppet

Location: Little Green Men, come from Mars, look they've stolen all my bra'''''s'''''!'''''''

Water, no full fat/calorie drinks, write everything down in a diary, calories and fat for everything you eat. My best way to lose weight is the soup diet. Slim a soup for lunch with a few crackers and a tin of soup for tea with a slice of bread and a half hour of step or areobics every other day.

I try to keep my cals below 1000 and fat below 18g

Or the heart foundation diet, which seems to be hot dogs, beetroot and green beans.
Old 03 July 2006, 11:28 PM
ronjeramy
Scooby Regular

cut out the carbonated/fizzy drinks full stop and drink cordial instead
Old 04 July 2006, 09:16 AM
RussBoy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Tidgy
i lost a stone in 5 days three weeks ago. prob not the best idea, but in my defence i did have food poisening
I lost the same about 3 years ago through a really stressful period of my life. I'm trying to lose weight again now, not a huge ammount but another stone or so and have massively reduced my calorie intake (I eat quite well anyway as I'm a diabetic) and packed up drinking totally during the week (where I thought the weight was coming from). 10 days in and I've lost bugger all, though to be fair I don't feel quite so bloated. Just shows that your ability to shift weight changes through your life - I'm 34 now

R
Old 04 July 2006, 09:25 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Reduce your food intake, that makes the greatest difference, and take more exercise. I lost over 3.5 stone since the middle of february.

Les
Old 04 July 2006, 10:29 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RussBoy
I lost the same about 3 years ago through a really stressful period of my life. I'm trying to lose weight again now, not a huge ammount but another stone or so and have massively reduced my calorie intake (I eat quite well anyway as I'm a diabetic) and packed up drinking totally during the week (where I thought the weight was coming from). 10 days in and I've lost bugger all, though to be fair I don't feel quite so bloated. Just shows that your ability to shift weight changes through your life - I'm 34 now

R
I'm not sure.....when I was Ill I lost loads of weight in a week (about 8 KG's), but I put that all back on when I started eating/drinking again. In terms of losing weight the proper way, I felt crap for the first month as I maybe lost 2 KG's all month, but then wham! it kicked in. 4 Stone in 5 months.
Old 04 July 2006, 10:46 AM
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Yes I think patience is the key Russ, Ive just been back to the gym and having spent 5 weeks working pretty hard I was getting hacked off the other week as although my weights have been increasing I didnt really notice much then really in the last week and half I have started to notice changes. The bottom line is you dont add pounds of fat in a matter of days so you wont lose it in a matter of days.

Gary
Old 04 July 2006, 01:48 PM
SideShowBob
Scooby Regular

Another key aspect to losuing weight is to eat 5 or 6 balanced meals a day.
This keeps your metabolism high, and consequently your body burns more calories, it also means your body doesnt go into "defense" mode, and start storing fats because it detects you havent eaten in a long period.

Make sure you have a good breakfast, and eat sensible foods. Fizzy drinks are bad news, so dont have Lucozade or similar when you're running, water is fine.

The basic equation is burn more calories than you consume, you should be able to work out what your excercise is allowing you to burn, and if you want high calorie burning in a short burst, do spinning in the gym for 45 mins a few times a week.

A combination of 5/6 healthy, small meals, combined with excercising, should see you losing the weight, and feeling healthy for it, anything that provides a quick fix will leave you feeling pretty rubbish, rather be more commited and determined, and lose it the right way.
Old 04 July 2006, 01:58 PM
scooby595
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do a Google for the "British Heart Foundation" diet. Read the reviews, if you like the idea, try it, it works. Every diet works different for different people.

Just my 2 pence worth !!