Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pets and how they have a HUGE impact on your life.

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2006, 09:42 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Location: i no longer use Scoobynet please do not PM this account
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pets and how they have a HUGE impact on your life.

Hi All

I've had quite a few pets in years gone by dogs,cats,a goat ,ducks,and to name but a few rabbits.

But for the last couple of years I am the owner of a Budgie (also her name and how it's spelt) she is a tiny Blue with a HUGE personality, she can't fly very well so she climbs a lot , she can be grumpy but most of all she is very funny and loves attention and has to have a bath in her special glass, she gets on your hand and listens to you when you talk to her and she trys to talk back, she goes out in the garden when the sun is out and sits and talks to the other birds, then gets back in her cage and starts munching on her food. I love her too bits she is a mummys girl.

Yesturday I was told by the vet that she has a tumour on her back that is growing inside and outside , he showed me the scan ( she even looks cute in a scan ) and it's big enough for such a small creature, he tried to remove some of the back growth but she started bleeding and he stopped as he was concerned that she might bleed to death, he could not say how long she has left, but he wants to check her overy every week and he has told me to look out for things like really bad temperd ,not herself , feathers looking shabby etc, He said she is in no pain and that I should enjoy the time left with her. but to keep an eye on her.

I would not normally put personal stuff on Scoobynet , but this little girl has had such a huge impact on me that I needed to share.
I realise Budgies are not everyones cup of tea, but I love animals they have always been in my life, and this one is tops.

So BIG up Budgie

Thanks

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp...p=ZCxdm590YYGB

Last edited by duSTI's PA; 30 June 2006 at 09:13 AM.
Old 29 June 2006, 10:13 PM
SwissTony
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

pets have a big impact on you...especially if they are fecking huge !!!
Old 30 June 2006, 12:11 AM
Bubba po
Scooby Regular

Budgies don't have as big an impact as dogs. Even though the dog has only been given away; it's not dying, like the budgie.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:12 AM
MadGrip
Scooby Regular

we have a budgie & I never thought I'd feel like that until I read your post.

Mine talks ,but most of the time he's a noisy, terratorial, grumpy loud little ****

I've never had any pets until I got this, but I can understand how you feel, made me think a bit.

all the best

Phil
Old 30 June 2006, 12:24 AM
*Sonic*
Scooby Regular

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Bubba po
Budgies don't have as big an impact as dogs. Even though the dog has only been given away; it's not dying, like the budgie.
I know my dog has 'only been given away' as you put it, but he was a family pet, for 5 of us (6 if you include his brother), not just me, and no he is not dying, but its very unlikley I or the rest of the family will see him again

With regards to the budgie, it is sad, I had one once for several years, came home from work, and my ex had given him away without consulting me !!!, never did see him again

Phil agree with you about your budgie
Old 30 June 2006, 07:30 AM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

more sad pet news - sorry to hear it... been through similar myself... doesn't matter how big or small the pet is, you love them like they're your family and when something like this happens the pain is immense...
Old 30 June 2006, 07:56 AM
Andy-C
Scooby Regular

Budgies don't have as big an impact as dogs. (
You can't say that, a pet is a pet, regardless of what it is. People devote love and time into that pet, and when they eventually go, by what ever means, it is sad, whether dog, cat budgie or any other type of animal.

IMHO
Old 30 June 2006, 08:29 AM
chezb
Scooby Regular

We used to have budgies when I was a kid. One of them was called Scooby.

He once flew into the chip pan, while it was on and lived to tell the tale and he also used to eat Pot Noodle as well! Strange eh!

I've got cats now, and if anything happened to them, I'd be gutted. They are like part of the family, and they don't moan at you either, lol!

Cheryl
Old 30 June 2006, 09:17 AM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Andy-C
You can't say that, a pet is a pet, regardless of what it is. People devote love and time into that pet, and when they eventually go, by what ever means, it is sad, whether dog, cat budgie or any other type of animal.

IMHO
Exactly, I compleatly agree with you, a pet is a pet and they become part of the family .
Old 30 June 2006, 09:21 AM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MadGrip
we have a budgie & I never thought I'd feel like that until I read your post.

Mine talks ,but most of the time he's a noisy, terratorial, grumpy loud little ****

I've never had any pets until I got this, but I can understand how you feel, made me think a bit.

all the best

Phil
Lol at the grumpy I can whole heartedly understand , Budgie can be such a grumpy bugger at times and she has no probs airing her views, but she such a comedy character as well.
Old 30 June 2006, 12:50 PM
turboman786
Scooby Regular

A strange world we live in...people care more about animals than humans!!
Old 30 June 2006, 12:55 PM
watto52
Scooby Regular

Damn right. I love my 2 cats, they always come home, never left me, never moan at me, im the boss and they bring me pressies i.e birds mice and moths.
Old 30 June 2006, 02:22 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by turboman786
Humans can break your heart with out a second thought , animals do not do it deliberatly , I should know I am have the worst June ever !

Last edited by duSTI's PA; 01 July 2006 at 03:04 PM.
Old 30 June 2006, 02:23 PM
King RA
BANNED

Originally Posted by turboman786
Damn right, I give money to protect animals but as far as humans go they can stuff themselves. Humans create ****, animals just get caught up in the crossfire as far as I'm concerned.
Old 30 June 2006, 02:30 PM
wez_sti
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by watto52

Damn right. I love my 2 cats, they always come home, never left me, never moan at me, im the boss and they bring me pressies i.e birds mice and moths.

I love animals, including cats, but i find cats seem more in it for what we provide them rather than any sort of personal connection, think that's what separate dogs from cats, loyalty... IMO of course
Old 30 June 2006, 06:08 PM
duSTI
Scooby Regular

What a stupid f***ing statement, a pet is a pet at the end of the day no matter what it is.

Your obviously a small minded individual.

Old 30 June 2006, 06:15 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

dusti do you reply to your pms or what?
Old 30 June 2006, 06:18 PM
ScoobLou
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by King RA
Damn right, I give money to protect animals but as far as humans go they can stuff themselves. Humans create ****, animals just get caught up in the crossfire as far as I'm concerned.
Totally agree with you mate
Old 30 June 2006, 06:23 PM
negri
Scooby Regular

i had to adopt my brothers budgie and thought it wouldnt be a very good pet .

always thought of budgies as being a grannies pet that didnt do anything bar eat and poop .

but it was a great wee thing , aleways spoke to me , would come over and see what i was doing . loved to sit on the tap when i was doing the dishes so it could have a bath in the spray .

didnt think it would have the personality it did .

sorry to hear your little friend might not make it
Old 30 June 2006, 06:52 PM
duSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
dusti do you reply to your pms or what?
What pm?
Old 30 June 2006, 07:54 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

the one about the snooper. just a no would have done...
Old 30 June 2006, 08:09 PM
duSTI
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by shaggy1973
the one about the snooper. just a no would have done...
I'm not sure I recieved it tbh.

Jim
Old 30 June 2006, 08:30 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

I used to have hamsters i got my first one it was a russian red dwarf called hami he was brill slept in the computer room had him for 6 months he was like houdini (sp) and ended up blind in one eye and i found a tumour next to one of his back legs and he died 3 weeks later i was really gutted so i know where your coming from i now have a dog dont know what i'd do if i lost her we put her in kennels when we go away when we get back i expect to see her and she isnt there it upsets me till i go and get her
sorry to hear about your budgie i had 3 when i was a kid, i hope it gets better

i loved my little hamster even though it used to bite me
Old 01 July 2006, 02:57 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Thanks everyone for all you post's and support .

Today she has been out in the garden and is quite happy after having an alfresco bath , but I noticed that the tumour is looking very red and sore around the base of where it is growing out of the body, she is not too happy about me touching the area with the cotton wool buds to clean of blood and just keep it clean , but that passes when she gets a Prawn cracker to munch on (one of her fav apart from toast with Lurpack spreadable on it ).

One of my worst fears is that it's because I've not looked after her well enough or given her enough company, or that she has felt rejected and unloved by recent events. animals can sense things and it affects them too.
Old 01 July 2006, 02:59 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Stephb1986
I used to have hamsters i got my first one it was a russian red dwarf called hami he was brill slept in the computer room had him for 6 months he was like houdini (sp) and ended up blind in one eye and i found a tumour next to one of his back legs and he died 3 weeks later i was really gutted so i know where your coming from i now have a dog dont know what i'd do if i lost her we put her in kennels when we go away when we get back i expect to see her and she isnt there it upsets me till i go and get her
sorry to hear about your budgie i had 3 when i was a kid, i hope it gets better

i loved my little hamster even though it used to bite me

one I was younger I had a big fat Hamster called "Rambo" he used to bar walk his cage , sooo funny . he passed away , but I did not understand then .
Old 01 July 2006, 03:03 PM
hectic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by duSTI's PA
Thanks everyone for all you post's and support .

Today she has been out in the garden and is quite happy after having an alfresco bath , but I noticed that the tumour is looking very red and sore around the base of where it is growing out of the body, she is not too happy about me touching the area with the cotton wool buds to clean of blood and just keep it clean , but that passes when she gets a Prawn cracker to munch on (one of her fav apart from toast with Lurpack spreadable on it ).

One of my worst fears is that it's because I've not looked after her well enough or given her enough company, or that she has felt rejected and unloved by recent events. animals can sense things and it affects them too.
you are probably correct in saying animals can 'sense' , and your budgie can probably sense your sorrow, too.
just be happy, enjoy the time you have with your budgie .
Old 01 July 2006, 03:07 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hectic
you are probably correct in saying animals can 'sense' , and your budgie can probably sense your sorrow, too.
just be happy, enjoy the time you have with your budgie .

Thanks Hetic I'm doing my best , she is being a bit spoilt at the moment only got the Prawn Crackers because she likes them so much .
Old 05 July 2006, 11:33 PM
duSTI's PA
Scooby Regular

Budgie watch :update

Well she went back to the vets today and after a tearful hour with the vet this evening he has advised me to seriously think about having her put to sleep, he took blood from her the last time she was there and it was not good news , she is fairly happy but she is not herself if you get what I mean, the other night she was making a huge racket and I spent 2 hours with her trying to calm her down ,single parenting for a budgie is not easy at 3 am in the morning. ( my hearts goes out to single parents)

Anyway she is booked in to go back to the vets next week to be put to sleep.
I must say that the vet was lovley and very understanding and he agreed to allow me to take her home for a while rather than put her to sleep there and then .
I really can't understand how people can just up and leave animals , and not give a second thougt about it, Budgie has been an absoloutly joy to have as my little girl and I will miss her deeply, you may think I'm being stupid but if you knew her you would understand how attached you can get to a Tea and Toast munchig Budgie .
Old 05 July 2006, 11:47 PM
Stephb1986
Scooby Regular

Im really gutted for you i know how hard it is to do something like that i couldnt do it myself but you have to think of how the animal is feeling rather than your own feelings if its in pain or discomfort its only fair to do the right thing rather than make it suffer anymore. i hope the next week or so you make the most of it
give it a stroke from me
Old 06 July 2006, 07:13 AM
Miss Kinky
Scooby Regular

Location: Be who you are and say what you feel. Those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

i know what you're going through...

here's a hug for you and Budgie

Quick Reply: Pets and how they have a HUGE impact on your life.