scam marriage laws stopped as they discrimate against immigrants

Search this Thread

Old 10 April 2006, 01:03 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry scam marriage laws stopped as they discrimate against immigrants

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4894544.stm

You couldnt make it up!!! WTF is going on with this country?!!!

Pretty damn obviously theres loads of marriages that are arranged just so that someone can get automatic citizenship (and thus free access to welfare, NHS etc etc etc) but the PC police have blocked laws aimed on clamping down on the scam, because its discriminates against the scammers!!
Old 10 April 2006, 01:07 PM
Buckwheat
Scooby Regular

Probably why anyone with half a brain and enough money is getting out of this country.
Old 10 April 2006, 01:20 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Originally Posted by Buckwheat
Probably why anyone with half a brain and enough money is getting out of this country.
Quote from the BBC artical
"Nobody knows the scale of sham marriages, although senior registrars suggested that before the new legislation there could have been at least 10,000 a year.

Registrars at Brent Council in north London, one of the most diverse areas of Britain, suggested in 2005 that a fifth of all marriages there were bogus, with officials able to spot couples who barely knew each other.

One 2005 case saw 25 people jailed for a sham marriage network stretching from London to Leicester.

According to Home Office figures, sham marriages had been rising before the new law - and fell dramatically when it was introduced. "
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that sounds like me. I have half a brain and am getting out. Not exactly loaded but i am off to work elsewhere, not sponge or expect handouts!

The reasons have been covered so many times. There seems little i can do to change it.

My priorities are my partner and our two young girls and work at giving them the best start in life, away from this country which looks to be heading into the toilet and governed by turds.

Reports like this just go to reinforce my decision.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 April 2006 at 01:30 PM.
Old 10 April 2006, 01:47 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Angry

Welcome to the UK, a groundbreaking country that embraces a mantra of banning everything except the things that need to be banned.
Old 10 April 2006, 04:29 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

What country are you going to go work in? USA is a tough nutshell. If you dont have a job waiting for you they basiclaly tell you to **** off.
Old 10 April 2006, 05:09 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by AudiLover
What country are you going to go work in? USA is a tough nutshell. If you dont have a job waiting for you they basiclaly tell you to **** off.

IUf you are aiming that at me then i am off to Dubai in around 4-5 weeks with the family joining me in Sept once i am settled.

Jenny and i just got back from an inspection trip paid for by the company and we liked it, it was only 4 days out there but enough to see that we liked it and it has great potential if you are prepared to work.
You can only go if you sponsored by a company ie have a job to go to. If you loose your job then you leave.

I quite liked Dubai, clean, well organised and not once did we feel threatened or ill at ease.

Most things are cheap(er) than uk. Food, restraunts, taxis, weekly shop - cars are silly money, a 1 y/o jeep cherokee 3.7 fully loaded is £ 8.5k and a 2002 wrx was £7500 - this is dealer price without haggling and fuel 40p per gal!

Housing is more expensive compared to what we pay on our mortgage in sunny northampton mind! we plan to rent and a 3 bed in a nice area is £ 1200.00-1500.00 a month, our 3 bed in npton is around £ 900.oo as a rental.

Schools look good, nice to see well behaved kids wearing uniforms. UK curriculum.

Restraunts welcome kids and the whole place is kid friendly.

I could go on but i won't bore you.

Whilst I am sure it is not the answer to all my prayers i feel it is a better opportunity than the UK and i am very sorry to say that. Having said that both of my sisters have left the UK for better lives/places, one in France and one in Aus

It is the UK's loss, both me and my partner ans my sisters have paid into the system - NI, etc but not any more, replacing us with scroungers not contributing will be of no help to the UK!

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 April 2006 at 05:15 PM.
Old 10 April 2006, 05:35 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Dubai very very nice. If you have a car accident its your fault no matter the circumstances though or so ive been told. Id love to live there but am apprehensive over religion issues. Keep us posted when you move over there.

No more **** for you though, the government blocks stuff like that.
Old 10 April 2006, 05:45 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Smile

Dubai very very nice. If you have a car accident its your fault no matter the circumstances though or so ive been told. Id love to live there but am apprehensive over religion issues. Keep us posted when you move over there.
apparently an urban myth

as for the **** i can manage without it and will have better things to do. already sorted out SCUBA diving, quad biking, water skiing and thats for starters

As for religion I am agnostic, jenny does not follow any particularly, the kids will go to an English style school following the UK cirricculum under a dfar stgricter way of teaching, no messing the teachers about or disruptive behaviour - The UK could learn a thing or two!

The UAE has a relaxed attitude towards religion and other cultures (not based on just my visit but speaking to a lot of ex-pats out there), as long as you do not offend their religion, customs and follow their laws then you should be fine - i think that is a good policy and one the UK could learn a lot from.

Drink drivers, first offence - three months in jail - fair enough

I really feel i stand more chance of being blown up by extremists in the UK than in Dubai

Whilst there i heard the call to the Mosques (whatever that is called) for prayer a few times, people go up and went if that was their religion.

I met and was in close contact with many people, some Muslim and no problems, why would there be. A tosser is a tosser no mater what religion they follow and i try to judge people on their merits.

As i said there are bound to be drawbacks but a lot of positives as well, got to be worth a try and i will regret it if i do not go.

Last edited by The Zohan; 10 April 2006 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10 April 2006, 05:59 PM
AudiLover
Scooby Regular

Best on you mate. Just imagine all that lovely sunshine, and a car enthuasiats heaven.
Old 10 April 2006, 06:03 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Not that you want it - - but my advice would be to try and keep a property here as a bolt hole....
Old 10 April 2006, 06:11 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Best on you mate. Just imagine all that lovely sunshine, and a car enthuasiats heaven.

Thanks, will do

David, that is our plan at least for the first year or so, see wether it is worth/safe investing in property out there v/s the returns.
Old 10 April 2006, 06:28 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

As im finding out.....!Even in the other categories with no job requirement they make it so f*cking hard!
Cant wait to get out of here.
Old 10 April 2006, 07:09 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood

... away from this country which looks to be heading into the toilet and governed by turds.

Snap. Same reason I left back in 1993!