paypal problem

Search this Thread

Old 22 January 2006, 12:47 AM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts
Default paypal problem

I'm currently selling a laptop on ebay and it seems to be going for more than 500 pounds (it's up to more than 500 with 3 days to go)... To be honest, I expected the laptop to go for 350 pounds max, but some people, eh?

Can the buyer still pay by paypal (I've got a premier account), and if so, what is the maximum amount they can pay?

I tried looking on their help, but I can't really find anything useful on their site

If the eventual winner actually pays up, I will feel like I'm stealing money off someone. I mean, it's a year old laptop and it's got scratches etc so nowhere near perfect nick. Should I feel bad if someone pays too much for it? I certainly wouldn't pay that much for it, but I can't control other people I suppose... Oh, to be a scrupulous businessman I think I may even offer it for less money to the winner...
Old 22 January 2006, 08:33 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

anyone?
Old 22 January 2006, 08:38 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can receive over £500 on a Premier account, yes.
Old 22 January 2006, 08:39 PM
gotmashed
Scooby Regular

the will bid what they think its worth wouldnt worry unless they dont pay up people get carred away not sure on paypall think you can have 1.5k goin in at once but cant be sure
Old 22 January 2006, 08:39 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Providing the items is a s described, and people are bidding, then go for it.

thats the whole point of ebay, just make sure the winning biddr isnt a scammer and has a good fb rating,

check him/her out by loking through there recent pourchase history to see what there spend levels are like. if theyve only been buying 99p items then it may be a scam.

finally when you do send it,

the following are mandatory despite what you may have agreed to.

You must add on the correct insurance level for the increased value for the item, this must be paid by the buyer, & you must send it next day guaranteed delivery (track and trace) that way you get a tracked route through the post office, and a sig must be provided on delivery, otherwise you can get stung if the buyer claims non delivery,

good luck

Mart
Old 22 January 2006, 08:43 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Premier Accounts are for members who have a high transaction volume, need to accept credit card payments or would like access to our special features. Premier Accounts include all of our Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Premier Accounts may operate under an individual name.

Business Accounts are for business use only. Business Accounts include our entire Core Features, as well as our Premium Features (see below). Business Accounts can operate under a company or group name.

Core Features:
Send Money
Request Money
Auctions Tools
Website Payments
Account Insurance
Downloadable Log
Email-based customer service

Premium Features:
All of the Core Features
Do business as yourself, under a corporate name, or group name
Accept unlimited credit card payments
Payment Receiving Preferences
Subscriptions
Mass Payments
Multi-User Access *For Business Accounts
Advanced Downloadable logs
seven day-a-week freephone customer service

Business and Premier Accounts are charged a transaction fee, which is a small percentage of each payment received. See our fee schedule.

Making Payments - Limits

What is the maximum amount I can receive with PayPal?

There is no limit to the amount of money you may receive with PayPal's Business or Premier accounts. However, if you have a Personal account, you cannot receive payments funded with a credit card. You also cannot receive more than $500.00 USD worth of payments per month for eBay Items, Auction items (Non-eBay), and Goods-Other (Website payments only) payment types.

Last edited by Spoon; 22 January 2006 at 08:56 PM.
Old 22 January 2006, 08:51 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Did you say it had scratches etc?
If you think its overpriced then you could give the winner a discount.I did this once and at least you get good feedback,plus the feeling that you are a decent person.
Old 22 January 2006, 09:58 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Spoon:

Thanks for digging that out, I don't understand why I didn't find it myself to be honest

PaulR:
Yeah, I think I've described that it has scratches etc, though maybe I could have described it better or something... I've taken a new photo of it now that shows the scratches better I think.. I will add it to the listing and notify everyone who has bid