Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Now new Labour have nicked form the Lottery.

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2006, 08:45 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Now new Labour have nicked form the Lottery.

In today's papers: they have nicked to the tune of £8 BILLION over the last 7 years.

Is there NOTHING that fat Scottish scruffy pension thief won't stoop to?

Alcazar
Old 21 January 2006, 09:04 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by alcazar
In today's papers: they have nicked to the tune of £8 BILLION over the last 7 years.

Alcazar
No surprise really, they've milked everything else

Apparently Gordon Brown has sold off half of the UK's gold reserves since Labour came to power!!!

It cant carry on like this. Sadly I think the correction is going to be very nasty when it comes, and one thing is certain - it will come.
Old 21 January 2006, 09:07 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Only 8 - they're slipping...

where does it all go???
Old 21 January 2006, 09:14 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was set up for good causes ............

No-one is suggesting it DIDN'T go to good causes - so whats your problem??

Fatty2Jags needed help with his Poll Tax ... thats a VERY good cause in my book!!

Pete
Old 21 January 2006, 10:29 PM
Apple
Scooby Regular

Angry

Originally Posted by pslewis
It was set up for good causes ............

No-one is suggesting it DIDN'T go to good causes - so whats your problem??

Fatty2Jags needed help with his Poll Tax ... thats a VERY good cause in my book!!

Pete
And what choice did the common man have in this decision? **** all.

B. Liar (AKA Control Freak #1) wouldn't allow you that as he potentially wouldn't like the results.

Another swindle by HMG which amounts to extra income / stealth tax for those that play...

Branson didn't have a chance when he put in a bid - non-profit making lottery doesn't allow Mr. Sticky Fingers to cream anything off...

And Fatty2Jags should be locked up like the pensioners (or is he too 'sensitive' to do porridge.) Everybody's equal (yeah, right) one law for us and one law for the rest
Old 21 January 2006, 10:31 PM
stilover
Scooby Regular

Won't be long before Blair/Brown start taxing Jackpot winners 40%.
Old 21 January 2006, 10:34 PM
scoobyboy
Scooby Regular

do they not tax the bigger winners then? i always thought they did but as i've never even won a tenner
Old 21 January 2006, 10:35 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stilover
Won't be long before Blair/Brown start taxing Jackpot winners 40%.
And why not???

Lets say a school would like to replace their old Trampoline - the school funds cannot afford a new one, so they apply to the Lottery.

The lottery pays for it ................. please state why that is NOT a good cause and why that isn't an excellent way to spend Lottery money??

Or, would you rather it was spent on some fanny Art project or to keep a Roman Teapot in this country??

This place gets worse by the day

Pete
Old 21 January 2006, 10:39 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Red face

Alcazar
Oh lordy. Not another Tory-boy circle jerk. Still at least it keeps you lot off the streets!

Do you have a link to the "story"? The bbc and google don't seem to have it...

Suresh
Old 21 January 2006, 11:09 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

You didn't look very hard, Suresh. BBC Link.

Full report here. (It's 36 pages long. I haven't read it).

Last edited by douglasb; 21 January 2006 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Added link to the full report
Old 21 January 2006, 11:15 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by douglasb
You didn't look very hard, Suresh.
Yep - true to form.

Old 21 January 2006, 11:17 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

No need to look ................

Anyone who disapproves please answer the simple question, "Do you think that the ARTS and Winston Churchills memoires are more of a good cause than a school trampoline or a hospital radio station?"

Pete
Old 21 January 2006, 11:35 PM
Suresh
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thumbs down Tory bollocks

Originally Posted by douglasb
You didn't look very hard, Suresh. BBC Link.

Full report here. (It's 36 pages long. I haven't read it).

Thanks for that. I won't be reading it either.
The BBC story and your link to the full story shows origination of the new "shock" report lies with the "Centre for Policy Studies" - which is a thinly-veiled Tory mouthpiece. As we all know, despite the advent of David Blair, that the Tories actually have no credibility. Much like this story then!

So the Government is paying for the Olympics with lottery money rather than wasting it on the National Opera House. Good!! . Lottery "players" are generally concentrated amongst the poor, so it's only right that funding should not be diverted to projects that only benefit the middle and upper class - as the Tories had originally indended back in 1992.

But why let the truth get in the way of another circle jerk??

Suresh
Old 22 January 2006, 12:07 PM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

The way the lottery funds have been used in many ways is shameful but nevertheless the Government should not be relying on the money to pay for items that it should be paying for out of taxpayer's funds.

If they were not so completely inept, there would be loadsa cash from the excessive taxes and stealth taxes instead of pissing it against the wall on the Eu, gross beaurocracy and useless quangos etc etc.

Les
Old 22 January 2006, 01:26 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

If the money is benefiting good causes then I don't give a tit where it comes from!!

Just as long as it does NOT go into the Arts and 'upper crust crap' that Leslie likes ............................

I'm bloody glad the Tories aren't in control of it ..... using it to pay for the Eton School Uniforms no doubt??

Nah, carry on spending it on good causes .............. as if the punter dreaming of an £8million jackpot gives a **** where his £1 goes!! He/she would gamble it IN ANY CASE!!

Pete
Old 22 January 2006, 01:43 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Nah, carry on spending it on good causes .............. as if the punter dreaming of an £8million jackpot gives a **** where his £1 goes!! He/she would gamble it IN ANY CASE!!

Pete
Actually i do care and i do care that NL seem to be using it to pay for things that (OUR) taxpayers money should be paying for!

I do not feel that taxes are spent either wisely or effectively by NL or that they even care if it is.

**** me F2J was using taxes to pay for his council tax and Blunkett to pay for rail tickets for his biatch. Both mistakes or errors, WHATEVER!

But not just Tony's Top Boys Club spending it on themsleves i have worked with Local Government for some ten years and some of the stories i have heard....

Last edited by The Zohan; 22 January 2006 at 01:48 PM.
Old 23 January 2006, 06:34 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

What's the reason that the government have to use the lottery money to pay for worthwhile things? Is it because they spend the money they should be using on worthwhile things, on causes which really don't benefit the uk (unless you're one of the NL favourite people...that includes the illegal immigrants, the benefit frauds, the chavs and the lazy) who all seem to get a good deal! they're all 'lottery winners' you might say!
Old 23 January 2006, 08:17 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Alcazar
Oi, ********...

The fact he is Scottish is irrelevant. He's a fat scruffy pension thief. End of.

Anyway, having read the report the biggest issue for concern is that Charities used to be in line for 20% off all distributions.

Somewhat concerningly, charities are now part of the 50% that is, effectively, government controlled, and with no minimum payout, so technically, charities could get nothing, if Bliar wants to fund a pet project.

That, Ladies and Gentlemen, is unnaceptable.

Last edited by Diablo; 23 January 2006 at 08:30 AM.
Old 23 January 2006, 08:39 AM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

The simple fact remains ..................... your normal punter in the street gives £1 to try and make £Millions, he/she doesn't give a crap where that money is used (as long as its for a 'generally' good cause - but they do NOT care!)

Now, we can either use that money - or increase TAX 1% and use it that way - I don't see what the issue is??

Mass hysteria, and the stupid get carried along with it

Pete
Old 23 January 2006, 08:48 AM
Kyl3cook
Scooby Regular

the stupid get carried along with it

Pete

I would have said it's more of a case that the stupid fall for Blairs Oratory based on lies.
Old 23 January 2006, 09:34 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

The simple fact remains ..................... your normal punter in the street gives £1 to try and make £Millions, he/she doesn't give a crap where that money is used (as long as its for a 'generally' good cause - but they do NOT care!)

Now, we can either use that money - or increase TAX 1% and use it that way - I don't see what the issue is??

Mass hysteria, and the stupid get carried along with it

Pete
I would agree that 99% of people couldn't care, but the charity issue is a concerning one Pete.

Huge scope for abuse there.

Personally, I'd be happy if the entire Olympic package was funded with lottery money, rather than see other areas suffer for what, all hype and grandure aside, will only benefit comparative small geographical areas of the UK.
Old 23 January 2006, 10:38 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Wink

Oi, ********...

The fact he is Scottish is irrelevant. He's a fat scruffy pension thief. End of.
I'll ignore the first line, Jock, dinnae get yer skirt (sorry: kilt, in a twist )

The fact remains that he IS Scottish, and yet another of our Scotttish masters. You know: the ones who have given the Scots and the Welsh the right to govern their own afffairs, in which ENGLISH MPs have no right to interfere, but have not seen fit to give the same rights to England, despite the fact that England makes up over 75% of the population

If my posts serve to remind just one other person of that inequity, I've done good!

Alcazar
Old 23 January 2006, 10:42 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Personally, I'd be happy if the entire Olympic package was funded with lottery money, rather than see other areas suffer for what, all hype and grandure aside, will only benefit comparative small geographical areas of the UK.
Yep: the poor old South East and London, yet again

I think we should dig a huge channel round them and punt the fekkers off into the North sea, somewhere See how long they last wiothout the Gas from the North sea coast, the refineries of the north, Wales and the south west, the electricity from the midlands, the steel from Wales and the north, the ports of the north and south west, the food grown in the midlands, north etc. Greedy fekkers

Alcazar
Old 23 January 2006, 11:09 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

I'll ignore the first line, Jock, dinnae get yer skirt (sorry: kilt, in a twist )

The fact remains that he IS Scottish, and yet another of our Scotttish masters. You know: the ones who have given the Scots and the Welsh the right to govern their own afffairs, in which ENGLISH MPs have no right to interfere, but have not seen fit to give the same rights to England, despite the fact that England makes up over 75% of the population

If my posts serve to remind just one other person of that inequity, I've done good!

Alcazar
LOL

Given that England is entirely goverened by Westminster , and, much of Scotland and Wales' affairs remain governed by Westminster your comments are somewhat wide of the mark

Last time I checked, Westminster was in London, England
Old 23 January 2006, 11:11 AM
Stueyb
Scooby Regular

Well I personally think the lottery is a tax on the stupid. However NL using it to fund their own projects is bang out of order.

I stopped having the occasional go when I found out that whilst the worthy causes such as respite houses for the terminally ill werent getting funds, money was going to fund some lesbian street walker safety zone to the tune of £100,000. FFS
Old 23 January 2006, 11:12 AM
Diablo
Scooby Regular

Yep: the poor old South East and London, yet again

I think we should dig a huge channel round them and punt the fekkers off into the North sea, somewhere See how long they last wiothout the Gas from the North sea coast, the refineries of the north, Wales and the south west, the electricity from the midlands, the steel from Wales and the north, the ports of the north and south west, the food grown in the midlands, north etc. Greedy fekkers

Alcazar
Dude, you are confusing me.

Are you criticising the Scots and the southerners????

Kind of puting yourself out on a limb there mate
Old 23 January 2006, 11:24 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't understand this.

A month or two ago, the serial whingers were complaining that "Oh no, now we have the Olympics, more British taxpayers money wasted."

Now we find that they're using lottery money to pay for it (primary purpose of establishing the Lottery fund was to fund sport and the arts, IIRC), and the serial whingers are saying "Hey, you can't do that, you should be using taxpayers' money".

Honestly, the intelligence level on here drops daily.
Old 23 January 2006, 11:45 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

PSL,

Firstly I recommend that you read the first line of my previous post in this thread, doesn't look as though you did in the first place.

Would you please show me the evidence that I would want to use lottery money for the Arty,crafty crowd. If you cannot supply that evidence then I deserve an apology from you for your slanderous statement. I doubt that you are the man for that though.

What is your justification for the way that you say the Conservatives would spend the money? If you are going to accuse people of those sorts of activities then you should be able to back your statements up. Did I say that they would do better though?

Do you really approve of the way the lottery money is largely spent? Do you even know?

The lottery was set up under the premise that excess moneys would be used for charitable purposes and definitely not for things which are the responsibility of the Government and which should be paid for out of tax funds. To do otherwise like this is a blatant fiddle and should not be accepted.

The body which administers the fund appears to be dominated by left wind loony PC and NL orientated individuals going by the purpose of many of the grants which are issued and the requirements for success in an application. It should be independent of the politicians of course.
This sort of misuse of funds will only lead on to worse examples and it would be better if the board was sacked and replaced with trustworthy and non political members.

Reading your post PSL is a shining example of your tunnel vision with regard to NL and your innate personality cult of inverted snobbery.

Les
Old 23 January 2006, 12:54 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
PSL,

Firstly I recommend that you read the first line of my previous post in this thread, doesn't look as though you did in the first place.

Les
Sorry about that - I guess I saw your name as the poster and realised that some form of inane dribble will spout forth ................... you very rarely disappoint

Pete
Old 23 January 2006, 12:59 PM
Peanuts
Scooby Regular

The only way out of this for NL is if everyone takes the executice decision to commit suicide a week before retirement.

it would only take one generation to get the balance reset to an acceptable level and then they can start all over again.

Pity the next govt. who inherit this mess

Quick Reply: Now new Labour have nicked form the Lottery.