Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cameron v Davis

Search this Thread

Old 04 November 2005, 06:45 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cameron v Davis

Anyone see the Newsnight debate last night on this? Having read some of the comments on the BBC website I'm now unsure whether I was watching the same programme as everyone else.....
Old 04 November 2005, 06:48 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blair and Brown won, actually!!!!

The Tories haven't a hope in hell

So, its all rather academic

Pete
Old 04 November 2005, 06:49 PM
rr_ww
Scooby Regular

I choose Cameron. Davis is a nice guy but he just isnt what I want in a F*ck Buddy

Old 04 November 2005, 06:51 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by rr_ww
I choose Cameron. Davis is a nice guy but he just isnt what I want in a F*ck Buddy
Good point and well made - I hadnt considered that before!
Old 04 November 2005, 06:53 PM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pslewis
Blair and Brown won, actually!!!!

The Tories haven't a hope in hell

So, its all rather academic

Pete

Brown will 'beat' bLiar and then whoever wins the conservative battle will defeat the new labia boss. Simple. after three terms on the hot seat even the likes of you will be seeing the light. Anyway Pete it is well known on SN that you are a closit tory and just stir things up to highlight Labias many shortcomings. I mean no-one could really support them with the vigour and blinkedness that you pretend to.

........Well........ maybe Paulr
Old 04 November 2005, 07:05 PM
Petem95
Scooby Regular

Makes no difference who wins - I'll be voting for them asap, and I hopefully they can repair some of the damage NL have done.

Bliar and "crash" Gordon must be worried tho, looks like the Tories will have their best leader for some time anyway
Old 05 November 2005, 08:58 AM
The Zohan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Petem95
Makes no difference who wins - I'll be voting for them asap, and I hopefully they can repair some of the damage NL have done.

Bliar and "crash" Gordon must be worried tho, looks like the Tories will have their best leader for some time anyway
agreed!

Trending Topics

Old 05 November 2005, 10:45 AM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Yawn, i see the troll has used his NL chestnut again..

remember pete threr laughing at you not with you!!!

and your pathetic last comment on the psl warning thread... blew that one away didnt we... dont recall any more posts on that thread

Cameron will wipe the floor with billy and gord, he has the one thing going for him that they do not...

a sense of reality, and he,s fed up of getting buttfuked by the party that lies, the party that spins, the party that treats anyone who has intelligenge with contempt.

the more you post the more it becomes clear... pete,s bought and paid for, tonys says spin , Pete spins, bah bah tonys sheep pete,

cant wait

Tonys out by christmas.... the writings on the wall

M
Old 05 November 2005, 04:32 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

I think they both came across very well. This leadership contest has also highlighted other 'big hitters' ie Liam Fox etc. His image has defo gone up. A front bench with a combo of Davis, Cameron, Fox, Theresa May, Hague will really do some damage. I can't wait to see the downfall for this **** for brains govt!!
Old 05 November 2005, 04:59 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Deep Singh

A front bench with a combo of Davis, Cameron, Fox, Theresa May, Hague will really do some damage. I can't wait to see the downfall for this **** for brains govt!!
Gov't seem to be digging their own grave quite well without any help from above

PS. Thought Davis edged it last night........
Old 05 November 2005, 05:09 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!

Cameron will win against Davies. If he was up against Blair then I'd say he wouldn't win. Up against Brown however and he'll wipe the floor with him. Can't stand Brown. WTF goes on with his jaw everytime he breathes after speaking.
Old 05 November 2005, 06:21 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

So? his jaw moves funny so he's **** at his job?????????

Typical of the ******** on here

Like I said.............. I doesn't matter who the Tories offer - too many people remember how the tories very nearly destroyed this country .... its taking longer to repair it than I thought - but, being repaired it is!!

Pete
Old 05 November 2005, 06:55 PM
mart360
Scooby Regular

Ok troll, go away, youve posted the jackbooted spin... once again walking away from any responsiblity... "quote" taking longer than i thought,

sadly being bought and paid for pete, you will, spin the party line ad infinitum

billys, a dead man walking .... enjoy your last christmas under his control

Mart
Old 05 November 2005, 08:49 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

PS. Thought Davis edged it last night........[/QUOTE]

Yes, his experience showed as did his less watered down right of centre stance which I love. Cameron does seem to speak in 'buzz words' but still seems to have a flair that is undeniable.

What I like is that for the first time in ages 'we' seem electable. There is a real energy in the party

Scoobynutter, I agree! Its almost like he is performing a quick BJ in between sentences!!
Old 06 November 2005, 06:58 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Not too sure about Cameron, too much in the Blair mould for me. Can't say whether Davis has got the required poke to really lead the party either though.

Billy has got the skids under him and Brown will only disappoint if he takes over-seriously too.

Despite who wins the Conservative leadership, we desperately need someone else to get us out of this present situation where this country is going down the tubes fast.

Les
Old 06 November 2005, 09:22 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Location: Markyate.Imprezas owned:-wrx-sti5typeR-p1-uk22b-modded my00. Amongst others!
Talking

So? his jaw moves funny so he's **** at his job?????????

Pete
If you pull your head out from your **** you'll see that's not what I said. Keep the stupid ANALysis for your fellow limp wristers in the MX5 forum.
Old 06 November 2005, 09:43 PM
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobynutta555
If you pull your head out from your **** you'll see that's not what I said. Keep the stupid ANALysis for your fellow limp wristers in the MX5 forum.
Don't worry he has been very busy preparing his float for the Gay Pride march
Old 07 November 2005, 12:32 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by Deep Singh
Don't worry he has been very busy preparing his float for the Gay Pride march
Thought an MX5 was a float worthy of a Gay Pride march. Maybe he's buffing the paint, pumping the tyres and stocking the glovebox with ribbed black condoms
Old 07 November 2005, 01:00 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
we desperately need someone else to get us out of this present situation where this country is going down the tubes fast.

Les
For the past several thousand years mankind has predicted the imminent end of civilisation as a result of falling moral standards.

It's not happened though, has it?
Old 07 November 2005, 01:13 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by the moose
For the past several thousand years mankind has predicted the imminent end of civilisation as a result of falling moral standards.

It's not happened though, has it?
Sorry mate, can you repeat that I was too busy daydreaming about picking up a few hookers, a video camera, some coke, whips, etc.... to take in what you were saying!

NS04
Old 07 November 2005, 01:37 PM
pslewis
Scooby Regular

You Tories choose whoever you wish ......................... you will STILL be defeated

ScoobyNet is skewed towards the Tories - don't delude yourselves that the general public think as you do ............. most people think (and know) that the Tories would make a bigger mess of it than Labour!

Pete
Old 07 November 2005, 01:46 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paul Habgood
Brown will 'beat' bLiar and then whoever wins the conservative battle will defeat the new labia boss. Simple. after three terms on the hot seat even the likes of you will be seeing the light. Anyway Pete it is well known on SN that you are a closit tory and just stir things up to highlight Labias many shortcomings. I mean no-one could really support them with the vigour and blinkedness that you pretend to.

........Well........ maybe Paulr
I can only aspire to the loyalty that Pete shows,but thanks for the comparison.....
Old 07 November 2005, 01:55 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

You Tories choose whoever you wish ......................... you will STILL be defeated

ScoobyNet is skewed towards the Tories - don't delude yourselves that the general public think as you do ............. most people think (and know) that the Tories would make a bigger mess of it than Labour!

Pete
Not according to the vote count at the last election. Still, no need to let the facts get in the way of your pig ignorant ramblings.
Old 07 November 2005, 02:02 PM
paulr
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by unclebuck
Not according to the vote count at the last election. Still, no need to let the facts get in the way of your pig ignorant ramblings.
I must have missed something,i thought the Tories lost?
Old 07 November 2005, 02:18 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Leslie
Not too sure about Cameron, too much in the Blair mould for me. Can't say whether Davis has got the required poke to really lead the party either though.

Billy has got the skids under him and Brown will only disappoint if he takes over-seriously too.

Despite who wins the Conservative leadership, we desperately need someone else to get us out of this present situation where this country is going down the tubes fast.

Les
Les, I don't believe that Davis has got the required poke to get the Tories back in and would have preferred Clarke initially but I now believe that Cameron is the one to do it - which saddens me because it really is the death knell to serious politicians with serious policies, rather than the sound - bite ridden speil that we get nowadays.

If you accept the Tories as having invented sleaze in government, then Labour have invented 'personality' rather than policy as a means to get into power. Cameron is out of a similar mould to Blair, so having swapped Tory sleaze for Labour sleaze (and corruption) we will simply swap Labour spin for Tory spin when the Tories get into power.

Of course, Davis could win the leadership contest in which case the Tories won't get in at the next election.
Old 07 November 2005, 02:29 PM
unclebuck
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by paulr
I must have missed something,i thought the Tories lost?
They won less seats but polled more votes. So, thanks to our ****-eyed electoral system they lost, though they actually had a larger percentage of the vote than New Labour.
Old 07 November 2005, 04:48 PM
the moose
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Flatcapdriver
Les, I don't believe that Davis has got the required poke to get the Tories back in and would have preferred Clarke initially but I now believe that Cameron is the one to do it - which saddens me because it really is the death knell to serious politicians with serious policies, rather than the sound - bite ridden speil that we get nowadays.

If you accept the Tories as having invented sleaze in government, then Labour have invented 'personality' rather than policy as a means to get into power. Cameron is out of a similar mould to Blair, so having swapped Tory sleaze for Labour sleaze (and corruption) we will simply swap Labour spin for Tory spin when the Tories get into power.

Of course, Davis could win the leadership contest in which case the Tories won't get in at the next election.

Yet again, you've seen the Conservative Party shoot itself in the foot with both barrels.

The choice is between another Iain Duncan Smith or a Blair-lite posh bloke. The former won't work - they've tried lots of faceless grey people and it's simply not worked. The latter won't work - Blair had rebuilt the party internally, got buyin from Brown and (crucially) Prescott, and come up with some really good policy proposals. Cameron's got a nice image, but that's all.

The biggest challenge to Blair comes not from the opposition, but from his own back benches. Lest anyone forget, he's facing significant opposition here - rightly - over some of the more authoritarian proposals being put forward.
Old 07 November 2005, 05:01 PM
scoobynutta555
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Originally Posted by unclebuck
They won less seats but polled more votes. So, thanks to our ****-eyed electoral system they lost, though they actually had a larger percentage of the vote than New Labour.
Don't forget to add in England, not in the UK as a whole.

Old 07 November 2005, 05:14 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by the moose
Yet again, you've seen the Conservative Party shoot itself in the foot with both barrels.

The choice is between another Iain Duncan Smith or a Blair-lite posh bloke. The former won't work - they've tried lots of faceless grey people and it's simply not worked. The latter won't work - Blair had rebuilt the party internally, got buyin from Brown and (crucially) Prescott, and come up with some really good policy proposals. Cameron's got a nice image, but that's all.

The biggest challenge to Blair comes not from the opposition, but from his own back benches. Lest anyone forget, he's facing significant opposition here - rightly - over some of the more authoritarian proposals being put forward.
I disagree with your first comment in that although he got support from both Brown and Prescott and to some extent rebuilt the party, what he mainly did was to purloin the majority of Tory policy and rebrand it as Labour's - neat trick and it clearly fooled most of the electorate but not that imaginative. As a leader he's not particularly inspiring, nor is his policy that scintillating although it could have been if he'd spend less time worrying about his legacy and get on with genuine reform. What he is good at though, is as a strategist where he is clearly head and shoulders above any other current parliamentarian but this talent won't be so much of a threat to the Tories as he won't be around at the next election.

As I said earlier, if the Tories replace Howard with the Blair apparent which is Cameron then I believe they will be back in power in the next election particualary given the way things seem to be unravelling for Blair and his government at the moment.
Old 08 November 2005, 11:38 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

None so blind as cannot see Moose!

Les

Quick Reply: Cameron v Davis