Grrrr - Cant believe how Ive been treated

Search this Thread

Old 16 October 2005, 08:14 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grrrr - Cant believe how Ive been treated

Rant mode on

Sooo, off to lincoln for a friends stag do last night, gets in the club about 1:30ish, cracking night so far, yes I had been drinking but thats no excuse for my treatment... a fight broke out right next to me in the club, I pulled 1 of the lads away and before I knew it someone came up behind me grabbed me by my ears and dragged me through the club, out the back door and litterally chucked into the street... NOT IMPRESSED. picks myself up and some lad walking by saw me get chucked out, asked what had happened which I explained and he agreed bit harsh (only been in the club 2minutes and paid £7 to get in too )

Anyways, 2 coppers on the other side of the road (both female) so I walks over very calm and collective. I spoke to one officer and explained what had just happened and that if I had man handled somebody like that I would have been locked up, answer was go see the club manager Im not interested WTF!!! whats the club manager gonna do? Ive pretty much been assaulted and wasnt impressed. Next thing Shes telling me to pi55 off or I'll be arrested to which I laughed and said what for? bit unfair dont you think, 1 male officer walks up and says right sunshine youve been told grabs me very strongly and pulled me over, at no point did I swear, act threatening or even resist being arrested (dunno what got into me as normally I wouldnt have been so nice...lol) yet I was pushed/pulled and chucked about dumped in a cell and told to pi55 off when I asked for a blanket. So being in a strange city and none of my mates had witnessed what had happened and would have been worried I knocked on my cell door and politely asked if I can make a phone call to let a friend know whats happened to which the reply was no, but we can inform someone for you I said hang about its my right to make a phone call, answer. "We're not in america now" cvnts... To be fair the coppers this morning was nice as pie but I am seriously annoyed, Ive come home and my wrist is swollen to buggery and its killing my fingers just typing this out. I have bruises all up my arms, black bruises with red bloodshot marks in them.... How the hell can that happen? like I say, didnt even resist to them....

The countrys gone down the **** hole when you have people like this supposed to be there for your protection yet theyre walking around on a power trip thinking they can get away with it

Seriously unimpressed

Rant mode off

Thats better
Old 16 October 2005, 08:20 PM
PG
Scooby Regular

That'll teach you!
When a fight has **** all to do with you, dont get involved !
Old 16 October 2005, 08:21 PM
7 Foot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry dude but . . . . . . . . . .
Old 16 October 2005, 08:26 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Coppers have been like that for years. You been in a long term comma or something?

They guy who assulted you didn't drive past them at a bit of speed, so it will need investigating. Its a bit much for you to expect that. Shame on you.

Seriously though, don't get involved in other peoples arguements. Consider yourself lucky next time to get a free ring side seat
Old 16 October 2005, 08:37 PM
EXSCOOBY
Scooby Regular

sorry m8
i was a doorman for 5 yrs plus and drunk people are just sheep to them
beyond contempt
sorry in your case but thats how you are perceived
Old 16 October 2005, 08:42 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ben44
Seriously though, don't get involved in other peoples arguements. Consider yourself lucky next time to get a free ring side seat
But what do you do when some idiot just decides to kick off on you? Sometimes there is nothing you can do and your suddenly in a fight. The bouncers then grab you, throw you both out.

I got into a fight with a bloke as above and they threw us both out into the street. Two of this guys mates came out and basically they gave me a right kicking there in the street with these bouncers just watching! I got kicked in the face while on the floor, blood everywhere, and at this point some bouncers from another place down the road decided that it had to be stopped and came over.

Came accross a couple of police officers (dressed in combat style gear) a few minutes later literally covered in blood. He simply wasn't interested and just told me to get off to casulty. Bit of an eye opener than little experience.
Old 16 October 2005, 08:45 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

There is no 'right to make a phone call'; that is American television Im afraid. You do have the right to have someone notified that you have been detained of coursem, but theyve offered to do that.

If you feel that the Police officers involved havent acted correctly then make a formal complaint; what will come of ti Im not sure though..... The same goes for the doorman; if you feel that you have been assaulted then speak to a Police officer, within reason, they have to act.

I assume that you havent been charged with any offence? Never ever make any comment in a recorded interview, or after a Police officer has cautioned you. Never, under any circumstances, irresective of what they say. If you need to then you can make a statement having spoken to a solicitor. Always speak to a solicitor and make sure that the (duty) solicitor that youre speaking to is a criminal solicitor (no divorces or conveyancing nor a para-legal covering).

Simon

Trending Topics

Old 16 October 2005, 08:56 PM
ben44
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Ben WRX Bug-Eye
But what do you do when some idiot just decides to kick off on you? Sometimes there is nothing you can do and your suddenly in a fight. The bouncers then grab you, throw you both out.

I got into a fight with a bloke as above and they threw us both out into the street. Two of this guys mates came out and basically they gave me a right kicking there in the street with these bouncers just watching! I got kicked in the face while on the floor, blood everywhere, and at this point some bouncers from another place down the road decided that it had to be stopped and came over.

Came accross a couple of police officers (dressed in combat style gear) a few minutes later literally covered in blood. He simply wasn't interested and just told me to get off to casulty. Bit of an eye opener than little experience.
I was replying to the original post which was about the person NOT being involved until they made themselves part of it

If someone kicks off on you then its a different story.
Old 16 October 2005, 10:32 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Fair enough but this lad was going at it ten to the dozen and the other lad didnt look interested in fighting back, Im sorry but I felt the need to step in, pulled the guy off and the guy didnt have a problem with me and I certainly didnt have a grudge against him, everything was fine, seconds later Im being heaved out of their. Now the thing is, if Id have been stopped and asked to leave I probably would have there was no need to be handled the way I was. Thing is I felt I was on assaulted. So I approached the police who if anything have assaulted me twice as bad.... Seriously everybody who have seen my injuries have commented on how bad they are and yet I dont have a leg to stand on. If I make a complaint the coppers will just say I was drunk and resisting
Old 16 October 2005, 10:48 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by davegtt
Fair enough but this lad was going at it ten to the dozen and the other lad didnt look interested in fighting back, Im sorry but I felt the need to step in, pulled the guy off and the guy didnt have a problem with me and I certainly didnt have a grudge against him, everything was fine, seconds later Im being heaved out of their. Now the thing is, if Id have been stopped and asked to leave I probably would have there was no need to be handled the way I was. Thing is I felt I was on assaulted. So I approached the police who if anything have assaulted me twice as bad.... Seriously everybody who have seen my injuries have commented on how bad they are and yet I dont have a leg to stand on. If I make a complaint the coppers will just say I was drunk and resisting
I'd take some photo's of your injuries - at least you have got the evidence if you do find a way to persue this further. I've got very little faith in the police to do anything other than book me for speeding these days, but what's happened to you takes the biscuit. And they wonder why nobody has much respect for them anymore.

Edited to add - I don't think stepping in to break up a fight, stopping some poor sod from taking a beating, is a bad thing to do. Bouncers these days don't seem to try to establish blame and no suprise to me that they didn't even bother asking you to leave quietly before being so heavy handed.

Last edited by Ben WRX Bug-Eye; 16 October 2005 at 10:51 PM.
Old 16 October 2005, 10:53 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

one of my ex staff was cuffed and "coshed"

i know of another person who was "done" the same, the police are not the knights in shining armour that sum poor people think they are
Old 16 October 2005, 10:55 PM
Ben WRX Bug-Eye
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by StickyMicky
one of my ex staff was cuffed and "coshed"

i know of another person who was "done" the same, the police are not the knights in shining armour that sum poor people think they are
In light of that perhaps you should count yourself lucky Dave...
Old 16 October 2005, 11:01 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

so true.......
Old 16 October 2005, 11:32 PM
Tim-Grove
Scooby Regular

Had two coppers leave me in the middle of no ware by my self with no mobile phone at 3am after I’d had car accident. The *** wouldn’t even radio through to the station to get taxi/parents to pick me up. He said if that car’s still there in the morning I’m gona put a ticket on it. As he was pulling off I said you can’t just leave me hear to which he replied “just because im paid to care doesn’t mean I do” fcuin *** scratch. Ended up walking down a narrow unlit country lane for over an hour till I got to the next village, can’t believe I never got runover.

Moral of the story is police are not there to help and protect the public they’re only there to collect the pay cheque at the end of the month and do as little as possible just like any other worker.
Old 16 October 2005, 11:38 PM
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

the best advice i can give is to just let them get on with it and ignore them when they want YOUR help
Old 17 October 2005, 08:27 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I suppose it is most unfair of you to expect them to do anything for you since they would then have to fill in loads of paperwork after it!

Les
Old 17 October 2005, 10:55 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Cheers for the replies guys, had too take the day of work today because my arm/hand hurts so much I wouldnt be able to lift any of the boxes that Id need to do today Swelling has gone down but the wrist is still killing and bruising still up my arms
Old 17 October 2005, 11:01 AM
SJ_Skyline
Scooby Senior

Dave,

I guess it all depends on if you want to take it any further or if you want to draw a line under the incident and put it down to bad experience and get on with your life. If you are still hurting then I suggest at the very least you get checked out by your GP!

Best of luck chap!
Old 17 October 2005, 11:04 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

I was chatting to my mum last night in the pub (sulking/drowning sorrows...lol) she said its up to me but she'd probably leave it and do the bad experience thing, complaining against these types is probably just going to bring me more trouble in future (i.e being pulled over in the car evey 5 minutes etc... )

Might nip tot he docs later and see, thats what the misses thinks I should do anyhow. Not sure if its worth it myself.
Old 17 October 2005, 11:10 AM
Robbie T
Scooby Regular

Im sorry but I felt the need to step in, pulled the guy off and the guy didnt have a problem with me
Maybe they threw you out for performing a sex act in the middle of a club

On a serious note i sympathise with you, the law are a ... errrm law unto themselves.
I'm sure we've all had a run in with them at some point in our lives not usually good or fair
Old 17 October 2005, 11:26 AM
OllyK
Scooby Regular

Do you have the PC's numbers? I'd consider writing an informal letter the Chief Constable, with a couple of photos of your injuries. Just say you aren't impressed with the way you were treated and that he may like to have a word with his officers before there is a complaint of serious assault made against them.
Old 17 October 2005, 11:32 AM
Reality
BANNED

Local paper could be interested too.

**** writing to the filth - you'll get nowhere fast (unless you're some sort of minority - ethnic, disabled, attractive )
Old 17 October 2005, 11:32 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

I think that is a good way to deal with it. They should not be allowed to get away with that kind of attitude, and if they do it will get worse of course.

Les
Old 17 October 2005, 12:50 PM
King RA
BANNED

I can't help but feel you must have been acting drunk. It was half 1 in the morning at the end of the day and the police don't arrest you for nothing ( I am well versed in the law from watching street crime uk ). Why didn't you just walk away?? You probably looked like all the other nobbers on that programme getting arrested when they've had ample opportunity not to.
"Officer, officer, I've just been kicked out of a club" how would you react to some pisshead saying this??
Old 17 October 2005, 02:08 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

Look, I freely admitted I had a fair bit to drink but I was very able and wasnt acting out of order. Why didnt I walk away? because Im a persistant cvnt I felt I had been assaulted and wanted to make an official complaint, police wasnt interested and in the end I was assaulted worse by them

Whole thing stinks
Old 17 October 2005, 02:55 PM
jjones
Scooby Regular

i have no respect for the police.

a friend of mine was assaulted by 2 police "officers" after he refused to help them with information about something his brother has alledgedly done. he had his face rammed onto the bonnet of a panda car with his arm twisted behind his back. when the ******* saw his nose bleeding they left him on the roadside down a country lane.
Old 17 October 2005, 06:09 PM
Scoobydid
Scooby Regular

I was talking to a WPC about a year ago when we were having a bit oof trouble around our way with drunken yobs vandalising cars and houses after closing time.
She said that they would try to keep an eye on things, but most of the coppers on a Saturday night were specials and there was no chance of getting them out of town to check out a few cars, when there was the chance of a good ruck in the town centre at closing time.

Says it all really.