Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Home LPG users - how much are you paying per litre?

Search this Thread

Old 24 August 2005, 04:15 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Home LPG users - how much are you paying per litre?

I've just received a letter from my LPG supplier to advise me that they will be putting up the price on a litre of LPG AGAIN.

I currently use Calor & the price is just going up to 30.5p per litre - would be interested to know what other folk are paying & with other suppliers? This is a rise of ~8.5p per litre since the beginning of the year :O

Maybe we could build up a cost matrix (without Keanu Reeves' help) and see if certain companies are taking the pi$$ in certain areas or with individual customers. If it works out that we are all close to an average price thne fair enough.

Area Supplier P per litre
Stirlingshire, Scotland Calor 30.5p

Den
Old 24 August 2005, 06:03 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Morrisons in South Yorkshire are only charging 29.x pence per litre for duty-paid LPG; and their filling stations arent paricularly cheap. When my father had an LPG tank for his 4x4; he was getting it delivered for about 5 - 6 pence less per litre than retail.....

Simon
Old 24 August 2005, 06:12 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Den,

LPG prices have risen around 50% in the last year so count yourself lucky that the full price increases haven't been passed on to you, the customer. It would be pointless adopting a pricing matrix because LPG is delivered on a zonal pricing basis and based where you are the trunking costs are higher than say, Essex.

You should also have noticed that the 1 ppl is the only increase you will see until April next year so you won't have to worry about further increases over the winter period. The rest of the increases you have seen this year are in the form of surcharges rather than price increases which will come off if we ever return to normal winter/summer beach prices.

If you look at other utilities such as electricity, gas and oil you will find price increases across the board so its not a unique situation you find yourself in.
Old 24 August 2005, 06:34 PM
Big Den
Scooby Regular

Thx Flatcapdriver

You sound like you might be in the industry or maybe just a fellow Calor customer

So building a price matrix wouldn't be truly representative?

GC8 - thx m8 but it's home LPG not for car use
Old 24 August 2005, 06:43 PM
Flatcapdriver
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Den
Thx Flatcapdriver

You sound like you might be in the industry or maybe just a fellow Calor customer

So building a price matrix wouldn't be truly representative?
Both mate. Knowing a fair bit more about what various LPG suppliers charge domestic customers I wouldn't throw your toys out just yet because although you will find anomalies the price you're paying is about right. Put it this way, there are a whole chunk of customers with a certain other supplier not far from you who aren't getting anywhere near the same deal as you.

Old 24 August 2005, 07:18 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Big Den
GC8 - thx m8 but it's home LPG not for car use
I appreciate that, Id have expected it to be cheaper still than forecourt retail then..... I didnt realise that price was affected by area though. As an aside, the LPG itself was identical; duty was payable where the Calor tank had a car filling attachment rather than a connection to the residence.

Simon