Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Cheapest Skiing Holiday to USA or Canada

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2005, 09:49 AM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Cheapest Skiing Holiday to USA or Canada

I'm trying to find the best deal for skiing next January, for four people. Ideally, we'd like to go to America or Canada as it is so much better then Europe.

The best we've found so far is a hotel room for four people, 327 quid per person (flights and room, no food), 80 quid each for ski hire, and 185 quid for lift pass, but these are buy one get one free. So it's about 500 quid each plus food for the week.

Does anyone know of any better deals please, or could recommend the best places on the net to look?

I didnt know if it would be a good idea to try and book it through an American or Canadian travel agent, and try and take advantage of the strong pound? But I wouldnt want to do this unless someone had a company they could recommend.

Thanks for any help,

Steve
Old 21 March 2005, 11:30 AM
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

See if these guys can arrange a nice package for you - it's the Lake Louise official site. They act as agents for various hotels, equipment providers, etc.

www.skilouise.com
Old 21 March 2005, 01:28 PM
ron_jon
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Sub97
I'm trying to find the best deal for skiing next January, for four people. Ideally, we'd like to go to America or Canada as it is so much better then Europe.

The best we've found so far is a hotel room for four people, 327 quid per person (flights and room, no food), 80 quid each for ski hire, and 185 quid for lift pass, but these are buy one get one free. So it's about 500 quid each plus food for the week.

Does anyone know of any better deals please, or could recommend the best places on the net to look?

I didnt know if it would be a good idea to try and book it through an American or Canadian travel agent, and try and take advantage of the strong pound? But I wouldnt want to do this unless someone had a company they could recommend.

Thanks for any help,

Steve
Where have you priced going to ?? Sometimes early in the season its best to pay abit more and go to a place where the snow will be good.
Old 21 March 2005, 03:59 PM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Stowe at the moment. This seems to be the cheapest. We are going with some mates as a winter break, but still want a summer holiday, so we dont want to spend loads on this one.

Thanks for the link Brendan, but they arent able to make bookings or give prices for the 2005/06 season yet unfortunately.
Old 21 March 2005, 05:36 PM
ron_jon
Scooby Regular

Its best to go to states or canada for 10 days or more usually. Skiing in states was awesome over xmas but i think they struggled early on. Most usually do. Same as Europe really untill they had a mega dump.

Why dont you book your time off if you cant go at a drop of a hat and then just look at where the best places are to go the week before you want to go then go there. Its much better.

I think you would be well pissed off if you booked to go to Whistler now and they have snow next season like they have had this season !

Last edited by ron_jon; 21 March 2005 at 05:56 PM.
Old 21 March 2005, 05:42 PM
Buckrogers
Scooby Regular

We was in Whistler last season 2003/04, early Jan. Temps were mild'ish and we had a couple of good dumpings of snow. One night we had 18 inches of snow!

I would book all privately it can be cheaper then a package deal. Also, I would not go for a week, I will always go for two weeks.
Old 22 March 2005, 10:33 AM
Sub97
Scooby Regular

Cheers guys. Ive been loads of times before, and Im not that bothered by only going for a week. I've had both my cruciates reconstructed so my knees tend to start complaining after 4 or 5 days anyway

We've found a deal at Stowe for 510 per person, including everything bar food. I think we are going to go with that.

Cheers

Steve
Old 22 March 2005, 11:41 AM
dtriggs
Scooby Regular

In my experience the snow in the Rockies is more reliable than the East Coast. I have skied in Colorado, Wc Canada, and East Coast US and Canada over the last few years and Colorado I would trust most, especially in Jan. Having said that I have skied Tremblany in Quebec the last 2 years as I now have young kids learning. Last year was perfect - this year was ok but very changeable.

Best prices I have found recently are with Ski Independence (www.ski-i.com).