Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

NAT WEST?

Search this Thread

Old 26 October 2004, 07:15 AM
r32
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NAT WEST?

Having problems with HSBC so thinking of switching banks, any one got any comments on Nat West are they any good?

I seem to have problems with foreign call centres, Norwich Union are pants too.

Any NW comments appreciated, good or bad.
Thanks.
Old 26 October 2004, 07:34 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

I have been with them for years and have had no problems, but a few of my friends have had strife with them regarding mortgages. Both ended up with compensation for their troubles though!

And, as you say, when things do go wrong at least you can speak to someone in your own tongue!
Old 26 October 2004, 07:49 AM
the moose
Scooby Regular

I moved from HSBC to First Direct. Yes, it's the same parent, but it's an entirely different level of service.

I'm entirely happy with the service, and do everything by phone. Usually charming Scottish ladies on the phone (or fantastically good subcontinental impersonators), and the only slight issue is that sometimes you have to wait for 30 seconds for someone to take your call.
Old 26 October 2004, 08:44 AM
FrenchBoy
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

I was with Nat West years ago. I fell out with them big time and closed my account. Still consider them a shower of b@stards. They might be different now though.

If i was going to start a new account i'd go with an internet bank.
Old 26 October 2004, 08:58 AM
Account deleted by request
Scooby Regular

Been with Natwest for 15 years and they have been superb, had bad experiences with many other banks.
Old 26 October 2004, 09:07 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

I've been with natwest for. . . *me scratched head* 22 years (since I was 8!) no major problems. One incident of fraud which was dealt with well.

On-line bank is easy to use.
Old 26 October 2004, 09:49 AM
Brit_in_Japan
Scooby Regular

I've never had any problems with Natwest, very happy with their service. Of course there are good and bad branches with every major high street bank....

Natwest reversed their call centre policy and I can call my branch directly once again. As said above, their online services are very easy to use too.
Old 26 October 2004, 09:52 AM
Nezz10
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Natwest interest rates are crap and the over draught rates are excessice, I have been with them since I was 16 and now I am changing. I am thinking of trying the Halifax or Lloys TSB.
Old 26 October 2004, 10:09 AM
Reffro
Scooby Regular

Agreed the rates are no good, but if you just want a current account, they are good. Online banking is great, automated phone centre service is excellent ( plus you can speak to someone what ever time of the day if you want the human touch, and yes you can call your branch direct once more. Overall, they offer a good hassle free service, and have always been curteous and helpful when ever I needed assistance.
Old 26 October 2004, 10:11 AM
BlkKnight
Scooby Regular

Interest rates. . . I'm rarely in the red & not very much in the black so I tend not to get interest eithor way
Old 26 October 2004, 10:17 AM
boxst
Scooby Regular

Hello

I've been with NatWest for about 20 years and haven't had a problem. I was going to go a few years ago as they were very slow at introducing internet banking. But you can always talk to someone (and not "John" from Bangalore) and they have always done what ever I needed.

Steve.
Old 26 October 2004, 10:48 AM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by FrenchBoy
I was with Nat West years ago. I fell out with them big time and closed my account. Still consider them a shower of b@stards. They might be different now though.

If i was going to start a new account i'd go with an internet bank.
Ditto experience and moved to First Direct 10 years ago.

Originally Posted by the moose
I moved from HSBC to First Direct. Yes, it's the same parent, but it's an entirely different level of service.

I'm entirely happy with the service, and do everything by phone. Usually charming Scottish ladies on the phone (or fantastically good subcontinental impersonators), and the only slight issue is that sometimes you have to wait for 30 seconds for someone to take your call.

Do all mine online, only occasionally do I call up, but they are absolutely tops for service. Now have everything except credit card with them, mortgage, savings, current etc.

The call centre is UK based and they have indicated they have no plans to change that.
Old 26 October 2004, 11:19 AM
ScoobywagonGl
Scooby Regular

i moved from HSBC to natwest earlier this year and have found natwest 100% better than HSBC. never had any problems and are always helpful
Old 26 October 2004, 11:24 AM
jowl
Scooby Regular

AS a busniess we have used NatWest for the last 3 years and they'v been very good to us. Always helpfull when we have cash-flow issues and you get to speak to a real person.

They have also given me planty of advice about personal banking etc for free.
Old 26 October 2004, 11:42 AM
Drunken Bungle Whore
Scooby Regular

I think it's a tough one to answer - if you were to name any organisation on here and ask for experiences there'd generally be a mix of good and bad.

I've been with NatWest since I was a student - nearly 20 years ago now! And these days I can't fault them. They were a bit iffy about 5 years ago, but really seem to have got their act together recently. Hubby on the other hand can't stand them!

The measure of a bank is in how they act when things are tough. Because of circumstances way beyond my control I had to abuse the account really badly for about 12 months and, without exception, I found them to be really understanding and helpful. In fact one night they phoned me at home and my heart sank - and all they'd called for was to ask if there was anything else they could do to help - when really all I deserved was a good kicking! It was really wierd to find the bank believed me and trusted what I was telling them when usually financial places could make Mother Theresa out to be a lying cheating scumbag!

Old 26 October 2004, 11:50 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

If you've got a few quid and get a personal account manager appointed for your every need then Natwest are faultless.

Internet banking is simple too.