Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

advise needed

Search this Thread

Old 03 September 2004, 02:12 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry advise needed

hi, i am from bournemouth, and tonight i went out to a local club, some may know it, elements. I had only 3 bottles of pop drinks, vk blue in which i was totally aware of what was going on. basically my girlfriend comes in drunk with a friend in which i'm quite mad with, bringin her in drunk.

Anyway she fell over, i came over to take her away, the bouncers came along and i said i will take her out, he then grabbed her quite roughly in which i said i will take her out, he then shouted at me saying i was shouting at him, after this happened for some reason all the bouncers rushed over and pinned me to the floor, me not being stupid and not fighting back where as my friends were stepping in saying whats going on. Basically i wasn't going to fight back as to be perfectly honest i did nothing wrong. Anyway they chucked me out but on the way the bouncer that said i shouted at him grabbed my head and slammed in against the wall when the other bouncers were dragging me out, in which case i was talking to the bouncer sayin look i've done nothing wrong i just want to take my girlfriend home, in which time the bouncer slammed my head against the wall. My friends all saw this.

Anyway i've had never had troubles in a club or any previous violence assaults, i've even been to caught when i tried to stop a fight and got hit meanwhile, basically i'm very pi55ed off with the way this was handled and don't want it to happen again to anybody else. Is there anything i can do? Or is it there word against mine, i tried ringing the police and they said if i had anything what so ever to drink they were not going to talk with me until the next morning.

Please any advice will be handy, meanwhile i've been taking care of my girlfriend.
Old 03 September 2004, 02:22 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

basically i would like to let the police know though as i still have the description of the bouncer still fresh in my mind., but due to drinking what i would call quite a small amount due to the amount of alcohol in the drink i can't tell them anything.
Old 03 September 2004, 02:42 AM
HKSubaru
Scooby Senior

Thumbs down

think i need a doctor now my neck is in real pain, the muscle is tight and hurting
Old 03 September 2004, 04:52 AM
Jerome
Scooby Regular

What you've experienced is par for the course in any nightclub.

Bouncers are not employed for their intellect, but because they are big bruisers. There are occasional exceptions, but mostly they are thick as pig **** thugs and they will take every opportunity to give someone a smack.

You stand little or no chance of any comeback whatsoever. Even your witnesses will probably make no difference. Unless you are seriously injured, the Police are unlikely to take any interest. Bear in mind that the bouncers were sober and you had had some alcohol and therefore you (and probably your witnesses) will be easy to discredit on this basis alone.

No doubt some on here will leap to the defence of bouncers, but I've seen too many innocent bystanders get caught in the crossfire, when a bouncers red mist descends, to have any respect for them at all. They are a necessary evil, just keep well away from them in future.
Old 03 September 2004, 04:59 AM
mt fuji
Scooby Regular

firstly,has the club or road or street got cctv?,then make sure you have enough wittness to prove you were not in the wrong,not any one p**sed up,cops won't be intrested,then if you are 100% sure you want to take action,tell the law you want to carry on with an assault and battery charge,whatever they say against it,also get yourself down the doctors,the more back up the better.
Old 03 September 2004, 06:24 AM
Iwan
Scooby Regular

Agree with the above, i know 1 or two good bouncers but quite a few bad ones. Even if you're totally in the right there's almost zero chance of any comeback against them, unless the whole incident happened under a CCTV camera. Sadly you hear stories like this a lot.

A while back, someone on here said "if a bar/pub needs bouncers, then it doesn't need me or my business". I tend to avoid places with them now, as they're obviously there for a reason.
Old 03 September 2004, 07:33 AM
letdown
Scooby Regular

Red face

I would let it go as a lesson in life. Yes its wrong what they did but think of the consequences of taking a bouncer to court. Utter madness Id say.

Yes the Rambo's on here will tell you to take them to court............me let it go. Learn from it.
Old 03 September 2004, 07:43 AM
Leslie
Scooby Regular

Doubt if there is anything you can do, the police won't stir themselves any more. The only thing would have been to talk to a copper face to face at the time to prove that you were not drunk, but where will you find one to talk to at that time of night!

Les
Old 03 September 2004, 08:08 AM
TDT
Scooby Regular

1: Go to the police station and report the incident. Once they have a allegation they must investigate it fully.

2: Go to see a quack and get a medical report

3: Give the missus the silent treatment for a few days

Thankfully the days of rent-a-thug bouncers are nearly at an end. In furture they will have to be correctly trained and have a licence from the local council. Failure to comply will see people loosing their liquer (sp?) licences

Last edited by TDT; 03 September 2004 at 08:11 AM.
Old 03 September 2004, 08:22 AM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jerome
Bouncers are not employed for their intellect, but because they are big bruisers. There are occasional exceptions, but mostly they are thick as pig **** thugs and they will take every opportunity to give someone a smack.
sorry but as an ex-bouncer thru college i have to make a comment here. yes, some bouncers give us a bad name... but what you've got to realize is that bouncers are being paid to put themselves on the line. *most* (good) nightclub owners would prefer their bouncers to be safe than sorry.

yes it sucks what happened to hksubaru.. but what people forget is that for every decent bloke like hksubaru who was doing nothing wrong - there are also plenty of nightclub-goers who will suddenly turn on a bouncer. if a bouncers don't take action BEFORE it could possibly happen, not only could they lose their job for letting things get out of hand.. but they could end up hospitalized. all for 10 bucks an hour.

hksubaru - you are well within your rights to contact the cops and/or call the owner of the nightclub. see a doc if you're in pain. sorry to hear about your problems bro.
Old 03 September 2004, 08:31 AM
beemerboy
Scooby Regular

contact the cops
lol, starsky and hutch might turn up...

report it!!! to plod and the nightclub manager.

meathead bouncers are not allowed to do this!!!

iirc thay can eject people using minimum restarint/force, not bang heads against walls.

either that or wait for the fat **** to finish his shift and baseball bat him across his swede!!!!

hope you get a result, if not for yourself, then for the next innocent who gets brain damage, and is not so fortunate.

good luck

BB
Old 03 September 2004, 08:33 AM
slimtim
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by milo

yes it sucks what happened to hksubaru.. but what people forget is that for every decent bloke like hksubaru who was doing nothing wrong - there are also plenty of nightclub-goers who will suddenly turn on a bouncer. if a bouncers don't take action BEFORE it could possibly happen, not only could they lose their job for letting things get out of hand.. but they could end up hospitalized. all for 10 bucks an hour.
don't be daft. So he's pinned by a load of bouncers and one bangs his head against the wall..... hmmm......good job he took action BEFORE things got out of hand.

come on we all know bouncers thrive on the conflit and violence. Otherwise they wouldnt do it.
Old 03 September 2004, 08:44 AM
mad_dr
Scooby Regular

I think it very much depends on the bouncer's reason for being a bouncer. I mean - why did they WANT to be a bouncer? To protect the innocent? Perhaps...

I know a load of bouncers who are great people (most of whom are from my Kickboxing club) and they'd NEVER hurt ANYONE... Even if you're causing trouble, they'll use 'Control & Restraint' to remove you from the premises. If you don't struggle with these guys, I guarantee you'll end up outside with absolutely NO injuries or ill effects whatsoever. If you do struggle, they'll apply more pressure which will begin to hurt, until you comply and once again - when you get outside, you'll be fine.

The thugs who are simply too fat to do any other job, or who were bullied as a kid and now resent the world or who think they're Hulk Hogan with a vendetta, should all (IMHO of course) be shot. They're a waste of space and are simply adding to the anti-social aspect of this country. When the people who are supposed to protect you, beat you up, it's not going well...

Bouncers AREN'T paid to beat people up and if your story is true (which I have NO reason to doubt because I've seen this kind of thing many times in the past), the actions of the bouncers was inexcusable. Bouncers are paid to have the mentality, awareness and intelligence to know who's a troublemaker and who's not. They are supposed to be trained to recognise and separate innocent fun from genuine mischief. OK so it's tough to call when a lairy drunk is staggering towards you: he could just be coming to ask the time, or he could think you look like the bloke who beat him up in another club, but as a bouncer, you're being PAID to know the difference and to act accordingly. A good bouncer NEVER uses his fists.

In injuring you, they've proven that they are unfit to bounce and should have ANOTHER set of bouncers monitoring THEM in case THEY get out of hand...

My boss went on a stag weekend to Bognor a few weeks ago, with 4 mates. Some bloke (not part of their group) decided to try to pour his own pint. The bouncers rushed in and started hitting this guy - clearly VERY poorly trained bouncers and when my boss attempted to step in and calm things down, he and two of his party were also punched and kicked by other bouncers. To cut a long story short, unfortunately for the bouncers, one of the party is a copper... Those bouncers don't get much work anymore...

Tell the cops and if nothing happens, mount your own vigilante style revenge. Oh - and see the doctor too.
Old 03 September 2004, 08:50 AM
ajm
Scooby Regular

Deal with it one of two ways:-

1) Report him for assault - go to the police now and file a report while the events are fresh in your mind and the police can get the CCTV tapes, also get your witnesses to make statements

or

2) Get the "bouncer" in question well and truly done over

Edited to add: choose ONE option, don't do both, it would be rather incriminating!

Last edited by ajm; 03 September 2004 at 08:52 AM.
Old 03 September 2004, 09:27 AM
shamrock
Scooby Regular

either that or wait for the fat **** to finish his shift and baseball bat him across his swede!!!!
Old 03 September 2004, 09:57 AM
fivepint
Scooby Regular

take pics of any injuries, go to the doc for a medical, then head to the cops, also inform the club owners/management, do this ASAP... get witnesses to go to station too if poss, if nothing else its worth reporting so at least its on the record in case of future incidents at this club....
Old 03 September 2004, 10:16 AM
astraboy
Scooby Regular

sorry to be blunt, but you are wasting your time. I've been to elements before and TBH their bouncers are angels compared to places like the sanctuary in milton keynes where the bouncers (Known as "Sanctuary Security", oh the irony!) have been know to take on the DJs and the promoters during a night.
If you do complain (Like I have in the past) they will close ranks and you will get nothing. Ask for CCTV and it will "Go missing". Invlove the police and dont even think about going back there again if you fancy keeping your bones intact.
In my 4 years of raving on a weekly basis at literally 100s of clubs from London to Toronto, I've been to one club and met one bouncer who was genuinely nice to me and concerned with my welfare. His name was Junior and he worked the door at Bagleys in Kings cross back in 2001. The rest of them, without exception have been bullies, meatheads, thugs and paranoid stegheads.
In future, go to an illegal rave where they are not required and the night is better for it.
astraboy.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:39 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by slimtim
come on we all know bouncers thrive on the conflit and violence. Otherwise they wouldnt do it.
i don't, and i was a bouncer. i needed the money. sounds to me like u dont know what you're talking about here - and/or you're so rich that you've never needed to take a job just for the money.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:46 PM
Jamo
Cooking on Calor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

you need to talk to the police first, write down what happened, and make list of all the witness' names

I had my left arm stamped on by a bouncer, and it was broken quite badly.

it went to court he was sent to prison.
Old 03 September 2004, 12:56 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lightbulb

i don't, and i was a bouncer. i needed the money. sounds to me like u dont know what you're talking about here - and/or you're so rich that you've never needed to take a job just for the money.
If it was just for the money you could have stacked supermarket shelves for equal or more money and less risk.

Try again Milo, that's not washing.
Old 03 September 2004, 01:02 PM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

if you feel strongly enough about it then report it, but dont hold your breath for any kind of result. 4 bouncers in Slough have just been to court accused of manslaughter after a chap died. Having ejected him from the club, 3 of them held him down while the fourth had him in a headlock. Because he was thrashing around they claimed they had to continue to restrain him. Unfortunately he was thrashing around as he was being slowly choked to death. All four have just been cleared of all charges.

Steve
Old 03 September 2004, 01:13 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

There was a case earlier this year in Bristol where a bouncer blinded a student by smashing him in the eye with a handheld radio and bursting his eyeball!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bristol/3485373.stm

I have actually been physically, and very roughly, ejected from that very same club twice (once for starting a ruck with the owner ) and, contrary to the advice given above to not resist, I am sure that had I not put up such a fight I wouldn't have been walking away unscathed!
Old 03 September 2004, 01:20 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
If it was just for the money you could have stacked supermarket shelves for equal or more money and less risk.
firstly its not equal or more money - bouncing was paying a LOT more than supermarket stacking could and was MUCH easier money. secondly, bouncing was working nights (mostly fri/sat) which allowed me to go to school during the day and during the week.

it doesn't have to wash with you. thats just how it is
Old 03 September 2004, 01:49 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

firstly its not equal or more money - bouncing was paying a LOT more than supermarket stacking could and was MUCH easier money. secondly, bouncing was working nights (mostly fri/sat) which allowed me to go to school during the day and during the week.

it doesn't have to wash with you. thats just how it is
Oh well, you can't have any decent supermarkets by you then, though the Fri/Sat nights thing starts to wash, but that would mean the job wasn't taken just for the money which was my point, so it kind of dries up again.

Oh and I liked bouncers because there was always a guaranteed fight for me at the end of the night if I didn't pull.
Old 03 September 2004, 05:46 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Oh well, you can't have any decent supermarkets by you then, though the Fri/Sat nights thing starts to wash, but that would mean the job wasn't taken just for the money which was my point, so it kind of dries up again.
the job was taken just for the money in the context that if either it didn't pay as well, or i didnt need the money, i wouldnt have been doing it at all. how is that not doing the job just for the money?

yes there were other perks - such as very rarely going a night without getting at least one bj in the back of the parking lot from some ****. but they're a dime a dozen anyway regardless of whether you're bouncing.

with regards to the supermarkets - this was near a university. ANY student can get a supermarket job - which is why supermarkets near unis pay so little, and why there are rarely any jobs available. you're talking like 5 bucks an hour, probably less. bouncing started from 8 bucks and went anything up to 20 depending on the place you were working, with 10-12 being typical for the places i worked.

additionally, supermarkets tend to want you working more "normal" hours than bouncing, and i had school in those "normal" hours. and even as cool as i am, it's just not possible for me to be in 2 different places at once.
Old 03 September 2004, 07:02 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

the job was taken just for the money in the context that if either it didn't pay as well, or i didnt need the money, i wouldnt have been doing it at all. how is that not doing the job just for the money?
Right, can you translate that from Slovakian into English and I'll get back to you on that.
with regards to the supermarkets - this was near a university. ANY student can get a supermarket job - which is why supermarkets near unis pay so little, and why there are rarely any jobs available. you're talking like 5 bucks an hour, probably less. bouncing started from 8 bucks and went anything up to 20 depending on the place you were working, with 10-12 being typical for the places i worked.

additionally, supermarkets tend to want you working more "normal" hours than bouncing, and i had school in those "normal" hours. and even as cool as i am, it's just not possible for me to be in 2 different places at once.
So it's location,location, location. Supermarkets by me pay more than 8 bucks an hour as you put it and offer all manner of shifts, bouncing hours too.

I guess the bj's clinched it then, unless anybody else has any confessions of a supermarket shelf stacker?
Old 03 September 2004, 08:08 PM
milo
Scooby Regular

Right, can you translate that from Slovakian into English and I'll get back to you on that.
translation into simpleton english as requested :

i took the job for the money. the reason being:

* if it didn't pay that well i wouldn't have taken the job.
and
* if i didn't need the money i wouldn't have taken the job.

So it's location,location, location. Supermarkets by me pay more than 8 bucks an hour as you put it and offer all manner of shifts, bouncing hours too.
this was in the states - which is why it's in bucks. besides - if there are no jobs going, it doesn't matter what it theoretically could pay furthermore, the supermarkets near you might not be next to a university and over-run with people willing to work for chump change.

are u saying the supermarkets near you pay more than £8 an hour, or $8 an hour? whichever, that's pretty high for shelf stacking. on a full-time 40 hour week (assuming u mean £) thats £16k/year which is higher than a teachers/cops/firemans/etc starting salary
Old 03 September 2004, 08:27 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

How bad are the injuries?? are they visible?

Photos of any bruising will help your case (make sure you can be identified in at least several pictures). A doctors report of your injuries will back this up as evidence, along with witness statements. Get your mates wto write down what happened, do it yourself too.

My memory of Bouncer rules and regs is sketchy, but I think that to be an official "legit" bouncer you need to have a clean criminal record...a few assult charges can only help to get rid of these type of heavy handed big ego bouncers.

I have sufferered some nasty injuries being ejected from a club (cracked my head open). As I was literally thrown out of the fire exit into a concrete parking post. All for falling alseep on a chair from drinking too much. I took it as a lesson not to get so paralytically drunk. I was told to press charges, a few people I know saw what happend inside, I remember landing on the post (waking up just as I was thrown out the door). In hindsight I should have done something about it. Still, the club is now long closed after the manager got banged up for drug offences....what goes around come around.
Old 04 September 2004, 01:48 PM
clioracer
Scooby Newbie

members of scoobynet!!! if any of you know hksubaru on a personal bases then u know he DESERVED what he got. anything that comes outta of his mouth is aload of ****. im glad you are hurting phil because what goes around comes around. Now its your turn. Some good mates you got that get yor supposed gf in that state
Old 04 September 2004, 02:02 PM
Patriot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by TDT
1: Go to the police station and report the incident. Once they have a allegation they must investigate it fully.

2: Go to see a quack and get a medical report

3: Give the missus the silent treatment for a few days

Thankfully the days of rent-a-thug bouncers are nearly at an end. In furture they will have to be correctly trained and have a licence from the local council. Failure to comply will see people loosing their liquer (sp?) licences
yeah...and if they have a criminal reecord they wont get a license...so this should thin the thugs out of the doorman game...tell the police and see your doctor...could try the small claims court...if he does get done for assault thats his 'bouncing' days over when the new law comes out.

Martin

Quick Reply: advise needed