Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Naughty Copper

Search this Thread

Old 18 July 2004, 01:26 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Naughty Copper

Was parked in Sainbury's waiting for the wife and little one to come out, then along you came in ur Ford Focus patrol car and parked in a disabled spot and u weren't even going to arrest anyone as u came out with a bag of shopping...........

1 rule for you and 1 rule for us then is it

Last edited by Dazza01; 19 July 2004 at 01:04 PM.
Old 18 July 2004, 03:07 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Now then, I do get tired with all the normal slagging off posts about the Police on here. However even I would complain about this. If he was there for a call fair enough but not to buy shopping. If you want to get food or lunch you park as everyone else does. IMHO.

Nathan..
Old 18 July 2004, 03:16 PM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

he was probably responding to an emergency - they'd run out of tea bags back at the cop shop.

Old 18 July 2004, 03:19 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

I suspect if you challenged him, he'd say something like :

"By parking quickly (ie, in a disabled spot), it minimises the time I am away from duty"

Blah de blah.

Inexcusable.
Old 18 July 2004, 03:19 PM
Freak
Scooby Regular

mmm
donuts
Old 18 July 2004, 05:40 PM
M444GY
Former Sponsor

Location: MSOCs tyre and ROTA wheel dealer .Ruisliptyres@gmail.com

i see this alot. parkink on bus stops and double yallows!
Old 18 July 2004, 06:59 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

That's a £40 fine at our local Supermarket, I would have reported him to see if the supermarket was brave enough to fine them.
Old 18 July 2004, 07:46 PM
DEEDEE
Scooby Regular

I remember when I was chating to WPC, and mentioned to clunk click when she was about to leave, She told me that she does not have to wear a seat belt when driving a local Panda.
Old 18 July 2004, 08:12 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

I'm not even going to start on this only to say it's refreshing to see others agree that was he did was wrong.

He wouldn't have liked me being there at the same time.
Old 18 July 2004, 08:58 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Saw this a little while back at my local supermarket. I went straight to the main police station armed with the reg number and complained.

A couple of hours later an inspector called me, apologised profusely on behalf of his WPC. He asked whether a bollocking was sufficient, I said it were and proceeded to lecture him about the rights and wrongs of parking in disabled spaces.

Really pee'd me off I can tell you.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:15 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

MattW- I take it as an ex-Oswestry resident you are familiar with disability being on the doorstep of the Midland Spinal Injury hospital?

As for the others, is this a genuine reaction to parking in a disabled bay or some kind of sympathetic pc response?

The reason I ask is because it does actually go against what I witness on a daily basis.
People seem far more relaxed in their attitude and feel they are justified in verbally abusing the disabled.

Just a thought on a warm Sunday evening.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:20 PM
Nathan L
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by M444GY
i see this alot. parkink on bus stops and double yallows!
It's one thing to park on double yellows, in a bus stop, even on a box junction or disabled bay when you are dealing with a spontaneous incident. However this is totally different.

If I saw one of my section do this I would chew their **** off.

Nathan..
Old 18 July 2004, 09:22 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Spoon
MattW- I take it as an ex-Oswestry resident you are familiar with disability being on the doorstep of the Midland Spinal Injury hospital?

As for the others, is this a genuine reaction to parking in a disabled bay or some kind of sympathetic pc response?

The reason I ask is because it does actually go against what I witness on a daily basis.
People seem far more relaxed in their attitude and feel they are justified in verbally abusing the disabled.

My wife is disabled as a result of a car accident and is a blue badge holder.
She is only 35 and can only walk very short distances. We have a double problem, firstly the people who take up disabled spaces and secondly the casual spinal consultants (ie General Public) who can somehow determine that there is nothing wrong with Lorraine after seeing her walk a few steps from the car.
She even got told off by a checkout women in ASDA for letting her Mum do all the packing. The checkout women told my disabled wife that "She should be ashamed of herself" for letting her Mum do the packing.

Cheers
Lee
Old 18 July 2004, 09:23 PM
bartmanuk
Scooby Regular

Cool

Originally Posted by logiclee
That's a £40 fine at our local Supermarket, I would have reported him to see if the supermarket was brave enough to fine them.
im not saying the copper should have parked there,but there is no law to enforce disabled parking in supermarket carparks,you cant be fined for doing this and the copper probably knows this.

BM
Old 18 July 2004, 09:28 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Lee- I'm aware of your reasons, I just assumed you knew that.
Old 18 July 2004, 09:43 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bartmanuk
im not saying the copper should have parked there,but there is no law to enforce disabled parking in supermarket carparks,you cant be fined for doing this and the copper probably knows this.
No, there isn't a law, but there are morals & common-sense, and the police should have them in abundance

...in theory
Old 18 July 2004, 10:02 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Lee- I'm aware of your reasons, I just assumed you knew that.
Spoon,

Yeh I did mate but thought I'd post for others on the thread.

Cheers
Lee
Old 18 July 2004, 10:04 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bartmanuk

BM
The local Asda and Morrisons carpark are pay and display. £40 Civil fine for anyone without a ticket, stopping for more than 2 hours or parking in a disabled bay without a badge.
I have seen cars both clamped and with fines attached.

Cheers
Lee
Old 18 July 2004, 11:48 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

yes mate, and a bl00dy good hospital it is too. A good friend of mine is a social worker there, some real tear jerkers I can tell you.
Old 19 July 2004, 11:39 AM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MattW
yes mate, and a bl00dy good hospital it is too. A good friend of mine is a social worker there, some real tear jerkers I can tell you.
Totally agree having spent a fair amount of time there myself.

In the 21 years I've been visiting, the majority of staff are still there, which to me speaks volumes for their commitment to some very traumatic accident victims, who one day were able to walk, and the next day find themselves paralysed and facing a future confined to a wheelchair.

Send the criminal element there for a visit I say, far better than getting them to dig an old ladies garden.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:10 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Interesting point. It certainly seems to me as if that people abuse disabled parking spots but although it's not something that I do, more out of a sense of embarrassment than anything else, I'm not bothered about it enough to protest on a regular basis. Then again, I regularly park in the parent and child spaces and I don't have any kids.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:19 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Faire D'Income
Then again, I regularly park in the parent and child spaces and I don't have any kids.
Can never understand why people do that. The morals and common courtesy in this country has gone to the dogs.

Yes, I know they can't enforce it, but why go against the grain?

Why does everyone have to get as close as they possibly can to where they are going? Is walking going out of fashion?
Old 19 July 2004, 12:37 PM
MattW
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by imlach
Can never understand why people do that. The morals and common courtesy in this country has gone to the dogs.

Yes, I know they can't enforce it, but why go against the grain?

Why does everyone have to get as close as they possibly can to where they are going? Is walking going out of fashion?

I agree

If you had small children, you'd know how difficult it is to get (in my case) a new born seat out, a three year old. Then sort out a buggy and all the associated paraphanalia. The nice wide spots are a life saver.
Old 19 July 2004, 12:59 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by MattW
I agree

If you had small children, you'd know how difficult it is to get (in my case) a new born seat out, a three year old. Then sort out a buggy and all the associated paraphanalia. The nice wide spots are a life saver.
Yep. The same people who struggle to get small children out of their cars who show no consideration for others by banging and scratching my car which is why I use the wider parking bays.
Old 19 July 2004, 01:03 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Yep. The same people who struggle to get small children out of their cars who show no consideration for others by banging and scratching my car which is why I use the wider parking bays.
Or you could use the parking bays at the empty end of the carpark....

I'd still reckon there's a high risk of 3rd party kiddie/pram/pushchair/rogue trolley damage in a parent & child parking space.....

You've also got to take into consideration the "evil" people ie, if a parent & kiddie see you in one of their spaces, they might "accidentally on purpose" lose control of their shopping trolley against your nice paintwork

To me, it seems blindingly obvious to just park where you should, and the best place is usually the far end of the carpark away from EVERYONE
Old 19 July 2004, 01:08 PM
Dazza01
Scooby Regular

Wink

To me, it seems blindingly obvious to just park where you should, and the best place is usually the far end of the carpark away from EVERYONE
Only trouble there is, ur more likely to get ur car broken into the further away froim the store it is, IMO anyway

did take a piccy of the patrol car as well, but need to sort my multi media settings out b4 i can post it
Old 19 July 2004, 01:09 PM
Faire D'Income
Scooby Regular

You've also got to take into consideration the "evil" people ie, if a parent & kiddie see you in one of their spaces, they might "accidentally on purpose" lose control of their shopping trolley against your nice paintwork

Unless we do our shopping at midnight there's very little chance of finding an area that is quiet and given the lack of consideration by too many parents these days I choose to fight fire with fire.

Old 19 July 2004, 01:18 PM
Jay m A
Scooby Regular

Location: Class record holder at Pembrey Llandow Goodwood MIRA Hethel Blyton Curborough Lydden and Snetterton

Unless we do our shopping at midnight there's very little chance of finding an area that is quiet and given the lack of consideration by too many parents these days I choose to fight fire with fire.

I only use the bays through necessity, believe me if I didn't have kids I would avoid these bays at all costs - the things I've seen...
Old 19 July 2004, 01:19 PM
logiclee
Scooby Regular

I steer well clear of the parent and child spaces, kids running riot around the cars, parents watching the kids and not the trolly. 6 year old Johnny pushing the trolly, that sort of thing.

Even when I have children in the car I don't use them.

It's always Disabled bay when i have my wife with me and the other end of the carpark and enjoy the walk when I don't.
Kids can hold my hand and learn traffic sense as we walk to the store.

Cheers
Lee
Old 19 July 2004, 01:21 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by logiclee
....and enjoy the walk when I don't.
Kids can hold my hand and learn traffic sense as we walk to the store.
Of course, then there's the nutters that feel the need for speed in the carparks....

Seen 40mph in some carparks by some.... WTF!?

Quick Reply: Naughty Copper