Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pink Side Of The Moon

Search this Thread

Old 09 March 2004, 09:54 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Pink Side Of The Moon

What a cracking band. I've seen another Pink Floyd tribute band before, but this lot were something else. Superb.

This is just a heads up for any Pink Floyd fans out there - check out their website (PinkSideOfTheMoon) to see if they're playing near you soon.

They play all the classics, and play them well - the singer is spot on, and the music is loud enough to sound like a gig, but not deafening like some gigs, which allows you to hear every single instrument being played.

I just hope they start to play in the Midlands more! Quite worrying really, when you come out of a gig like that, and say they were the best band you'd heard in maybe 10 years... and they're a tribute band!! Top stuff.
Old 09 March 2004, 11:57 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

There are a few Floyd tribute bands, understandably. I saw Australian Pink Floyd at the Royal Albert Hall last year, and i swear they played the first half (basically the whole of DSOTM) better than the real Floyd ever did!! The girl on the solo vocals was possibly the best live performance i've *ever* seen, she was truly outstanding.

But even so, it's still not the same as the real thing, however good they are...
Old 09 March 2004, 12:08 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Unhappy

Yep, just as I expected:.............just had a look, and they aren't playing ANYWHERE north of Brum this year:

The North of England...........why not just use it as a nuclear test zone, Tony?

Alcazar:
Old 09 March 2004, 01:13 PM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

I quite agree Tel - tribute bands lack the wow-factor of seeing the original.

That said, when I saw Whitesnake years back in Wolverhampton, the wow-factor lasted about a minute before the realisation that they hadn't bothered to perform a decent sound check set in, and it took about 5 songs before they actually sounded like they were on stage, as opposed to being in a steel porta-cabin!

And... when I went to see Page and Plant at the NEC some time ago, about a third of the set was performed by some goon on, while Page and Plant were off stage!!

The one thing about such bands is that they play what you want to hear from the band you love, rather than being pretentious and playing a load of old drivel and getting away with it because they're famous.