Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Working tax credit and/or Child tax credit?

Search this Thread

Old 19 January 2004, 10:22 PM
civictyper
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if you're entitled to both but I found it best to phone up. They'll give you an answer in principle there and then and will either send you the forms or you can fill them in online.

To qualify for the working tax credit you need to be earning less than about £70k pa. The amounts given are based on your earnings but the general amount is about £500-£1k pa. It's certainly not going to make you rich but definately helps and is most welcome in my household

I've got a number somewhere as we had a stork drop us another daughter a few weeks back. Let me know if you need it and I'll have a dig.

Hope this helps.
Old 19 January 2004, 10:30 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
CTC - Depends on what your situation is & what you earn

Basically, not worth claiming if joint income is over £42.5K gross as it'll be reduced to 0. Under that, then think about it. Goes down on a sliding scale. Also can proportion between each person to reduce liability, though if both are basic rate, no real point I guess. Theres about a 5k allowance, so roughly £500 saved (10%) There is also a "baby rate" @ £10k allowance, for which you'd qualify. (Means its about £47k threshold then).
Old 20 January 2004, 08:35 AM
ProperCharlie
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy

there is a questionaire on the inland revenue website here where you can (in my case) discover that the money grabbing c**ts are not going to give you any of your hard earned back, due to you and your partner making the silly error of working for a living. Bitter, me?

<off to find guy fawkes' home telephone no.>