Ozzy Osbourne Spends The Night in Intensive Care

Search this Thread

Old 09 December 2003, 10:21 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Aww.
I've grown quite fond of the fella. Hope he makes a full recovery and that he stays away from quad bikes in the future. (Bet his son told him to go on it....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertain...iz/3302405.stm

Osbourne hurt in quad bike smash

Osbourne has enjoyed renewed celebrity
Rock star Ozzy Osbourne is comfortable in hospital after being injured in a quad bike accident, doctors have said.
The singer spent the night in intensive care, according to Dr Dick Jack from Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, Berkshire.

The 55-year-old star had emergency surgery after breaking his collarbone, eight ribs and a vertebra in his neck.

Paramedics were called to his estate in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire at 1420 GMT on Monday.

The hospital's medical director Dr Dick Jack said the injuries were "not a major problem".

Dr Jack added that Osbourne was "resting", with doctors due to reassess his situation on Tuesday morning.

A statement issued by his US publicists suggested the injuries - sustained during a break in a promotional tour - were not life-threatening.

It said: "Ozzy is currently undergoing emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm.

Family duet

"Surgeons are also working to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs. These injuries are not considered to be life-threatening."

A spokesman for Two Shires ambulance service said a man had been taken to Wexham Park Hospital in Slough at 1510 GMT.

Osbourne was given treatment at the scene, before being taken to hospital, the spokesman said.

He had been taking a break from a British promotional tour for a duet with his daughter Kelly.

The former Black Sabbath lead singer has enjoyed renewed celebrity in Britain and the US because of the MTV reality show based around his family life in Los Angeles.
Old 09 December 2003, 10:31 AM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

Poor bloke. His injuries might not be life threatening, but being in Wexham Park hospital certainly is

Steve
Old 09 December 2003, 10:32 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

Apparently it happened at his Buckinghamshire mansion - anyone know where it is?
Old 09 December 2003, 10:35 AM
Scooby96
Scooby Regular

Buckinghamshire perhaps?
Old 09 December 2003, 10:38 AM
RB5320
Scooby Regular

Paramedics were called to his estate in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire
I'm guessing it may be Chalfont St Peter.
Old 09 December 2003, 10:51 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

possibly !

I'll try reading the thread next time.
Old 09 December 2003, 10:59 AM
TelBoy
Scooby Regular

Probably unrelated to the specific incident, but he's as hopelessly addicted to tablets as George Best is to booze.

If it kick starts his clean-up act, so much the better imo.
Old 09 December 2003, 11:00 AM
Paulo P
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
lol muppet That's just down the road from my w*rk Not the nicest of places to be
Old 09 December 2003, 11:04 AM
Goochie
Scooby Regular

Tell you what though - the Two Shires Ambulance Servcie is a private one, they've got a couple of really cool looking US spec ambulances.
Old 09 December 2003, 11:05 AM
yoza
BANNED

SHHHHHHARRRONNNN...............

TBH, who in their right mind would let him loose on a quad bike!

Anything that needs brain to eye to limbs co-ordination, he should steer well clear from.

Old 09 December 2003, 11:23 AM
andrewdelvard
Scooby Regular

Probably unrelated to the specific incident, but he's as hopelessly addicted to tablets as George Best is to booze.

If it kick starts his clean-up act, so much the better imo.
Funny you should mention that....

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...13_ozzy08.html
Doctor blamed for Ozzy Osbourne's stupor

By Chuck Philips
Los Angeles Times

MICHAEL YARISH / AP
The Osbournes, Ozzy, Sharon, Jack and Kelly, gained a wide audience as cameras followed the family to create a "reality sitcom" for MTV.

LOS ANGELES — Week after week, viewers tuning in to the hit reality series "The Osbournes" saw the star of the show in a perpetual stupor.

With cameras rolling, Ozzy Osbourne fell on his backside into the surf off Malibu. He passed out during a party at the Beverly Hills Hotel. He struggled to swat a fly in his dining room — only to slap himself in the face.

The sight of the aging rocker staggering around his Beverly Hills mansion, glassy-eyed and mumbling, became a staple of the MTV series last season.

The cause of Osbourne's disorientation never was explained. It turns out he was on Valium — and Dexedrine, Mysoline, Adderall and a host of other powerful medications. They were prescribed by a Beverly Hills physician who, unknown to Osbourne, was under investigation for overprescribing drugs to other celebrity patients.

Prescription records show that Dr. David Kipper had Osbourne on an array of potent drugs — opiates, tranquilizers, amphetamines, antidepressants, even an anti-psychotic.

The singer said he swallowed as many as 42 pills a day.

"I was wiped out on pills," said Osbourne, who fired Kipper in September, more than a year after becoming his patient. "I couldn't talk. I couldn't walk. I could barely stand up. I was lumbering about like the hunchback of Notre Dame. It got to the point where I was scared to close my eyes at night — afraid I might not wake up."

The state medical board last week moved to revoke Kipper's license, accusing him of gross negligence in his treatment of other patients.

Kipper, 55, declined to be interviewed. In a statement, he said that "ethical and medical privacy laws" barred him from discussing patient care.

Old 09 December 2003, 11:33 AM
brickboy
Scooby Regular

Wink

Spends the night in intensive care? Nothing new there, then
Old 09 December 2003, 11:58 AM
Duck_Pond
Scooby Regular

These quad bikes are dangerous... didn't Rik Mayall have a life threatening crash some years back involving one of these?
Old 09 December 2003, 12:06 PM
DRUNKNORGY
Scooby Regular

These quad bikes are dangerous... didn't Rik Mayall have a life threatening crash some years back involving one of these?

Only in the wrong hands, Mayall was trying to traverse the side of a hill when it rolled over.
Old 09 December 2003, 12:31 PM
iDLe*
Scooby Regular

Wexham PArk Hospital is soooooo bad!

I got glassed in the neck/chin pretty badly and was taken there a few years back, it was pretty serious as the Abulance crew pointed out if it was a inch lower I would have been dead before they arrived!! When I got there nobody was available to stitch me up so they sent me home, luckily a couple of girls from the pub were there to organise and pay for my cab. I was told to return at 8.30 in the morning and was stiched (like a kipper!) one week later I got 'pin cushioning' which means the scart tissue bulges out, pretty nasty. After months of p*ssin about I was told I would have to have corrective plastic surgery at Wexham!! The original doctor had messed it up sooo bad. So I go back and got knocked out and they cut the whole scar out (about a 50p size) and started again, when I came round I sat there for a little while and then wante to leave, they told me that would be fine!!! I left and got to reception where I felt sick and started puking, this put pressure on my created wound which burst like a mega blood filled zit, at this point I took a seat. Someone from reception told me I should stay but I just wanted to get out of there (I was outta of it on the drugs) so I left and got a lift home, on the way home I got out of the car to puke again at a bus stop, I felt this heavy chemical feeling then BLACK - I was now being shaken and awoke in a hedges p*ssing blood and puke all over the shop. Made a recovering from this after months of looking after the scar, all this was in 98 and I'm now due to go back and get the whole thing done again!!!! F*ck that.

Sorry for the rant but when I saw they took him to Wexham I started feeling for him

Old 09 December 2003, 12:59 PM
thecirsch
Scooby Regular

Question

Just been on the radio that he's on a ventilator in hospital.

I'm no medical expert, is this a regular thing or are we not being told the whole truth?? I thought they only use them when the patient can't breath for themselves.

In anycase I hope he gets well soon.
Old 09 December 2003, 01:02 PM
Daz34
Scooby Regular

He is the greatest ever Brummie
Old 09 December 2003, 01:10 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

At a guess he can't breath for himself due to the extent of the anaesthetic. If he had busted ribs that had damaged his lungs, as the article suggests, the whole lung area is probably anaesthetised from surgery.
Old 09 December 2003, 01:12 PM
Luke
BANNED

he is a top man... just something about him.. he's real and cracks me up!!

Wish him well
Old 09 December 2003, 01:14 PM
Marky-San
Scooby Regular

He was the Dark Lord for many years although not so now.

His one liners are superb!
Old 09 December 2003, 01:22 PM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
Talking

What was the Prince of Darkness comment about having bubbles on stage