Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Dog Trouble

Search this Thread

Old 24 October 2003, 09:21 AM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Location: The dark side of the Sun and owner of 2 fairy tokens
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the past week, someone's dog has been leaving its 'calling cards' outside my front gate. Judging by the evidence left behind, it's a very large dog. I haven't been able to catch either the dog or the owner yet.
Has anyone used anything that will keep said dog away from the front of my property? I'm thinking sprays/powders etc that can be put down on the pavement/along the wall. And, no, I don't want anything lethal.
Old 24 October 2003, 10:07 AM
TonyBurns
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question

You want an irritant like pepper, dogs normally sniff the area they do anything in, if you put the likes of pepper (lots of it) into a solution like coke (the drink) which goes sticky, leaving the pepper in there (theoretically) and dog sniffs, it should irritate the dogs nose enough for it to move on.

Tony
Old 24 October 2003, 10:11 AM
scoob_babe
Scooby Regular

Location: Nobody knows how to tie the simple knots that I know
we've got a spray from Homebase to stop the cats digging up ours and the neighbours gardens. Believe it also works for dogs.
You must have some pretty anti-social people around you though!
Old 24 October 2003, 10:27 AM
Scoobychick
Scooby Regular

Angry

Dog owners that don't clear up after their dog shouldn't own one, it's disgusting. There is no excuse for it, scented nappy bags cost pence and fit inside little plastic handles so you don't even have to touch it.

Why not wait in hiding for them to walk past then follow them home to find out where they live then, collect every poo they leave on the pavement and take it round to their house (under the cover of darkness of course ) and dump it on their doorstep with a little note saying "You dropped this outside my house..."

Sal

Old 24 October 2003, 10:29 AM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Cool

Put a polite notice up on front gate saying:-

CHILDREN USE THIS GATE PLEASE DO NOT LET YOUR DOG FOUL THIS AREA

Good chance that will do the trick. Worth a try anyway. D

[Edited by David Lock - 10/24/2003 10:31:26 AM]
Old 24 October 2003, 10:44 AM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

David Locks suggestion is the best so far.

I can't understand people who make the effort a dog needs to walk etc and not make the effort for the community to pick it up. I just use food bags, put my hand in 1 use it as a glove and turn it inside out, its no trouble to do. tie up when I get home pop it in a box in the garage and when we empty the bin every other day we pop it in there. its no big deal although I agree that councils need to do more with stuff like bins for dog doo and ge it emptied regually.

[Edited by davegtt - 10/24/2003 10:45:05 AM]
Old 24 October 2003, 12:32 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the suggestions people. Have thought about pepper, but with the current weather, I didn't think it would stay around long enough. Hadn't thought about putting it in coke though. Might give it a try tonight, and then nip down to the local Homebase tomorrow to see what they've got.
I'd already tried the watching bit, but after it gets dark, well, the curtains get shut. Maybe if the sky's clear tonight, I'll be out there with my telescope when they pass by, so I can have a quick chat with them.
Old 24 October 2003, 12:36 PM
NACRO
BANNED

Location: Your home is worthless.You can't afford to run your car.Your job is on the line.Schadenfreude rules.
Question

A quick question for anyone that owns a dog. Do you think that picking up your dogs sh*t in any way causes problems in the dog/master relationship?
You know that dogs are pack animals and if it sees you picking up after it surely it has to assume that you work for it, not the other way round if you see what I mean.

Perhaps that ethos explains why selfish to55ers let their dogs crap everywhere?
Old 24 October 2003, 01:30 PM
davegtt
Scooby Senior

well you wouldnt want my bulldog. I have to wait for it when it goes in the back yard for a **** and come abck in as I have to wipe its ar$e with baby wipes. if not the fat thing comes in and sits onthe carpet and sofa and leaves **** every where as its stuck to his tail....lmao
Old 24 October 2003, 01:41 PM
juan
Scooby Regular

sounds like a chance to use the 'dogdoo in a burning paper bag' trick to me, if you can discover who's doing it and where they live.

Collect the offending item and place it in a paper bags. Pop round to their house, plop it on the doorstep and set light to the bottom of the bag then knock on the door and run round the corner, peeking out to watch as they come out and stamp on it
Old 24 October 2003, 01:51 PM
Andy Porter
Scooby Regular

Davegtt- I bet you wish your dog would L'its'AO
Old 24 October 2003, 03:40 PM
Spoon
Scooby Regular

Why don't you beat the dog to it?

Go out and dump in the same spot yourself (be careful not to show your arsé to the neighbours).

Problem solved!
Old 24 October 2003, 03:59 PM
ajm
Scooby Regular

follow the culprit home, drop your cacks and curl one up on their lawn... they'll get the hint!
Old 24 October 2003, 07:47 PM
mj
Scooby Regular

Wait for the ownwer&dog. Let the dog do its dump and then go and pick it up on a shovel ( a peg may be required ). Follow the tw@t and lauch it at them, if they look a bit handy just leave the turd and shovel at your house. Follow them home to find out where they live, and one night drop the offending dog egg on the bonnet of the car. ( remember to smear a tadge under the door handles if you can stomach it, and also with the back of the shovel spread the turd about a bit on the bonnet).

If they are so blaze' about where they let their dog crap then the chances are they will not know where it came from, as they probly let it do it anywhere, I "like" dogs but I would not have one as all they do is eat,****,and slaver.Feckin orrible things IMO.
Old 24 October 2003, 07:56 PM
douglasb
Scooby Regular

As with mj's idea, whether you do this when it takes its dump or follow it to learn where it lives is up to you. (this also keeps cats out of gardens - allegedly).

Get a Super Soaker water pistol and fill it. Add hot chilli powder to the water. When you see the offending animal, give it a liberal soaking. Animal licks the water. Animal then licks its bollox or its ring. Animal avoids you in future.

Doug

Old 24 October 2003, 08:10 PM
Adrian F
Scooby Regular

Angry

As a dog owner people who do not scoop really wind me up as some body above said they shouldn't be allowed to owner a dog if they can't take responsability for it.

Then again Cats who mess in other peoples Gardens are no better!
Old 24 October 2003, 08:43 PM
red_dog104
Scooby Regular

Location: Casualty or Holby City, Take your pick, it's not like that in real life!!
Tony, how long have I been telling you to move away from that rough area

Seriously, if you do find out where the owner of the dog lives, report him/her to the local council. Get them prosecuted!! They are really clamping down on owners who let their dogs foul the pavement.

Old 24 October 2003, 11:18 PM
TonyG
Scooby Regular

Rough area! Indeed! It's been quiet tonight - at least, I've not heard the police helicopter overhead tonight
Still keeping an eye out, but no dog so far tonight...