Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

I think this is a con but anyone else heard of this??

Search this Thread

Old 20 October 2003, 06:39 PM
stubarru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Got a telephone call from these guys, I think this sounds like a con but what do the rest of the scoobynetters think??

This whst they say.......

Imagine....making an investment that always returns a profit regardless of market conditions.

Welcome to the world of guaranteed no risk sports investing.

We offer a members only based alert service for sports Price Differential Investment (PDI/Arbitrage) opportunities alerting members on a daily basis to sports investments that can be made which are risk free, and return a guaranteed tax free profit.

Gamble 1. place a bet (on); stake. 2.risk; hazard; speculate. Play at games of chance. Esp. in order to win money. Risk; something of uncertain outcome; chance.
As you can see by the definition of gambling above, Sports Intelligence products have no relation whatsoever to gambling. We only offer risk free investment opportunities to our clients.

Arbitrage noun, the method on the stock market/ commodity market/ currency market/ fixed odds market, of buying something in one place and selling it in another place at the same time, in order to make a guaranteed profit from the difference in price in the two places.
Arbitrageur noun. A person who makes money from arbitrage
The definition of Arbitrage above tells you exactly the type of opportunities our software provides to our clients.

Our members profit from the many lucrative market anomalies caused by bookmakers taking a different view on sports events throughout the world in the same way that banking institutions and their traders exploit the price differentials in the financial markets. The difference being - with our alert service - they can be sure that they, not the major trading houses, have the best information in the marketplace.

Our integrated database enables us to simultaneously deliver alerts to members via email, web, SMS text messages and fax. Choosing the delivery method(s) to suit you ensures that you need never miss a single alert without being tied to your computer each day.

Our Members can set filters to exclude PDI's based on the following criteria:

On certain days each week
During 'sleep' periods each day
Involving bookmakers where they don't hold accounts.
A 'Holiday' period of time.
PDI alerts less than a certain % return
PDI opportunites occur in many sports. This year our members can look forward to many profitable opportunities in soccer, tennis, golf, motor racing, athletics, cricket, darts, snooker, boxing, nfl and other US events without the need for any knowledge of any of these sports.

Our members are alerted to approximately 100 PDI opportunities each month with risk-free returns of 2% to 10%+ on each of these investments. Take a look at the results archive page to see recent PDI's that have been generated by our state of the art software.

Professional traders always seem to win in the financial markets. Why is that? They earn their living not by gambling, not by speculating, but by knowing the particular investment. They know their risk/return ratio on every investment they make. Successful traders look to lock in small returns on their investments but do so many times over, reinvesting their gains and building the size of their portfolio. This is known as compounding. A powerful strategy if used correctly. This is what we at Sports Intelligence advise you do with your PDI's. Make regular profits over and over but reinvest your winnings each time. Watch how quickly your bank balance grows.

Starting with only a £1000, compounding only one 5% PDI opportunity each week for a year will show you a return of over £12000. Compounding two 5% PDi's per week for a year would return over £150000!!

Our PDI opportunities are not bets. It isn't gambling on a specific outcome in an event. Our members win regardless of the outcome of the event. There is little excitement to be had from watching the event unfold - the outcome of the investment is known at the time it is placed.

Our service is very simple to follow requiring no prior knowledge of sports, sports betting or the mechanics of PDI's. Our service tells you exactly where to place your bets/investments and in what proportion to ensure a risk-free profit.

PDI's use the difference in market prices in such a way that a risk-free profit can be guaranteed whatever the outcome of an event. With Price Differential Investing we are taking advantage of bookmakers differing opinions about the outcome of a sporting event to ensure a certain profit.

In the financial markets this may involve buying a commodity or financial instrument in one market and simultaneously selling the same commodity or financial instrument at a higher price on a different market to ensure a risk-free profit. With PDI's we are profiting from bookmakers having different opinions about the outcome of a sporting event.

Sports PDI's win regardless of the outcome of the event without the need for any expert knowledge of sports or sports betting.

Take a look at an example of how a sports PDI transaction works.

In the week of October 7th there were many PDI's between 3% and 9.17% for the European Championship Qualifiers played that week. Several of these PDI's lasted until close to kick-off time because there was so much betting activity on the games.

An example of one PDI that week is given below: -
Poland Vs Latvia
You could bet: -
Latvia at 15.0 with Bet365
The Draw at 7.0 Luvbet
Poland at 1.35 with several bookmakers including unibet.com & playit.com

By splitting your total stake Poland 77.951%, Draw 15.033% and Latvia 7.016% you would guarantee a profit of 5.23% regardless of the outcome of the match.
i.e.
Poland 77.951 x 1.35 = 105.23
Draw 15.033 x 7 = 105.23
Latvia 7.016 x 15 = 105.23

cheers stubarru

Old 20 October 2003, 06:48 PM
eddie h
Scooby Regular

Confusing, but sounds like a con anyway.

[Edited by eddie h - 10/20/2003 6:51:31 PM]
Old 20 October 2003, 07:02 PM
Boro
Scooby Regular

Old 20 October 2003, 07:04 PM
stubarru
Scooby Regular

Good I'm glad I'm not the only one utterly confused.

The text is taken from their web site
Old 20 October 2003, 07:12 PM
mista weava
Scooby Regular

confusion = con

from opening sentance, for me its a con...

cynical old me....!!

Weava
Old 20 October 2003, 07:23 PM
MJW
Scooby Senior

'How Gullible are You ?' - send £10 for our searching questionnaire !

Old 20 October 2003, 07:23 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

It just making use of different companies different spreads for spread betting. It *would* work if the figures they are quoting are true.....

Spread betting is my latest fav way of investing - it is tax free (no CGT), and the gains can be terrific.

On one of my many "bets", last Thursday, I risked £20, and ended up with £940 today. That's not a bad return. It helped that Brent Oil futures have plummeted in the last few days........
Old 20 October 2003, 07:29 PM
Gordo
Scooby Regular

it's the old "why are they telling you if there's so much money to be made" question, isn't it? i.e. why go to the hassle of running a company if they can make great returns themselves anyway?

sounds like a load of 4rse to me
Old 20 October 2003, 07:40 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

....because no doubt there is a subscription fee involved, and spread betting involves a bit of time......by making that knowledge available to others for a fee, you make MORE money with a smaller effort than doing the betting itself....
Old 20 October 2003, 07:46 PM
Luke
BANNED

Muppets.
Old 20 October 2003, 07:49 PM
imlach
Scooby Regular

What they are saying is perfectly true and workable and WOULD make 5%, but only IF (and I reiterate IF) the spreads they are quoting are true and freely available before the matches.....

*THAT* and only that are what one should look into.....but if true, you would make money.
Old 20 October 2003, 10:36 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Just do it yourself by searching for under round books on:

http://www.oddschecker.com/

If you do find anything chances are that it won't be there for long.

Visit the betfair forums if you want advice on how to make money by backing at higher odds and laying off at much lower odds.
A much more profitable market. Try betting in running if you want to take a few risks.

If you know your stuff, you should be okay.

As stated above don't pay for these services, they are just a waste of space and money.

If you find something good, you keep it to yourself, you get on as quickly as possible, you lay the bet off for a profit and sit back and wait for the profits to appear in your account. If you are not quick enough, it is all over in a blink of an eye. So why pay for something that will have already been spotted by loads of people and the value will have gone as everyone else will have tried to pile into it.

Old 20 October 2003, 10:41 PM
LG John
Scooby Regular

I know someone that subscribed to one of these before and the problem he found was that you had to be sitting by the computer and ready to pounce when the email came in as often the chance wasn't there for long! Moreover you need to have many many different online accounts and the handling can be really difficult. Even after all that the gains whilst certain are often small. Its not a con as such just not easy money it would seem.
Old 20 October 2003, 10:52 PM
Fast_Blue_Scooby
Scooby Regular

Best to do it yourself. I took odds of 26/1 on Misternando on Friday for the big race on Sat and laid it of at 11/1 just before the off.
A nice profit was made and I knew it was going to be gambled on.

There was also countless opportunities today. You just need to know your stuff and be quick to act as Saxo Boy said.